#12 Dom Tyson - traded to North for Preuss and a 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Viney's got a great footy brain and weighs his kicks beautifully to the advantage of his teammates when he has space but yeah the combo of no right foot and no ability to hit a good pass under pressure takes him down a notch. He's still fringe All Australian and not done improving though.

Of the last 5 '**** off hawthorn' goals, Dom kicked 2 and was involved in the other 3. Unbelievable after 3 and a half quarters in the middle against the 3 time reigning premiers.
Yeah maaaaaassive effort!

It annoys me how those fools in the media bang on about Josh Kelly and occasionally go as far to belittle Melbourne's list managers for trading that pick away. The lack of respect shown for Tyson, who's a bloody good player in his own right, shows how dumb these so called experts are. At least Robbo paid him credit in his column today.

Statistically he's better than 2014 where he polled 11 Brownlow votes and finished second in B&F. I think because that standard is expected of him now, and he has more quality around him, means he gets underrated by fans.

It annoys me how those fools in the media bang on about Josh Kelly and occasionally go as far to belittle Melbourne's list managers for trading that pick away. The lack of respect shown for Tyson, who's a bloody good player in his own right, shows how dumb these so called experts are. At least Robbo paid him credit in his column today.

Statistically he's better than 2014 where he polled 11 Brownlow votes and finished second in B&F. I think because that standard is expected of him now, and he has more quality around him, means he gets underrated by fans.

He might have been forgotten cause he was down last year and our increased depth means that he doesn't stand out as much because we have so much young talent catching the eye

Also players like him who can't go forward and take a mark go back and set up play and don't have great leg speed take a long time to get props, it took Mitchell how many years for an AA? Everyone thought Priddis was a spud until he won a brownlow .. I think their pretty similar players with Tyson being better at getting forward and kicking goals

Average in terms of AFL context not australia wide context, Viney is below average
Eh Tyson is a beautiful kick of the ball at training, just fluffs it under pressure. I still find it difficult to reconcile his kicking in game with his actual kicking ability.

It annoys me how those fools in the media bang on about Josh Kelly and occasionally go as far to belittle Melbourne's list managers for trading that pick away. The lack of respect shown for Tyson, who's a bloody good player in his own right, shows how dumb these so called experts are.

Gotta agree with you there, He is a bloody good player

Dommy is playing in a side that's not quite as consistent as the Giants (Except it.There a top 4 Side), so IMO Dom stands out more in a game, where as If i were to watch a Giants game i wouldn't know what number Josh Kelly is. He would be fighting for votes from other Number One picks (Whitfield and Patton).
All I am saying is that Tyson stands out so well, because his work around stoppages and in traffic is like silk, I can see a lot of Pendles in him regarding his awareness to Time and Space in the contest, could be silky like Shaun Burgonyne.
I rate him highly.

Not to mention Bontempelli is way way ahead of Kelly in that draft at this stage anyways. Bont has best player in the league potential, he's pretty close to it already and while Kelly looks good i remember us coming out and saying we wouldn't have picked him anyways. Still pretty happy with Salem and Tyson as opposed to Kelly though i'd swap those to for Bont in a second.

Not to mention Bontempelli is way way ahead of Kelly in that draft at this stage anyways. Bont has best player in the league potential, he's pretty close to it already and while Kelly looks good i remember us coming out and saying we wouldn't have picked him anyways. Still pretty happy with Salem and Tyson as opposed to Kelly though i'd swap those to for Bont in a second.
Yep I think it was Roos that said we wouldn't have taken Kelly, seems like Billings would've been it. Very happy with the trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point.

Forgive what's probably a stupid question with an obvious answer, but what is the thing in your Avatar?

I've got no idea. Some guy dressed up like that in an England vs. India test match.

Pot5zof.jpg

I've got no idea. Some guy dressed up like that in an England vs. India test match.

Pot5zof.jpg
Looks like a human tennis ball that accidentally went through a hot cycle.

Edit: hang on, I just noticed the bloke next to him that apparently has stuck about 50 Red Rock Deli crisps to his head. Poms are very peculiar.

They are clearly Pringles you fool! Notwithstanding, still a weirdo. I prefer the nacho-hat:
They are Pringles, you're right. I'm just hungry and I like the other ones better

They are Pringles, you're right. I'm just hungry and I like the other ones better
Can't argue there Red Rock are top-notch.

Oh and yeah, Tyson could be something special. His best is BOG and his worst is "did Tyson play today?" but think that is mainly between the ears and will hopefully improve with experience. If he and the rest of our midfield crop reach there potential (grr, hate that word) we will have something special on our hands.

Can't argue there Red Rock are top-notch.

Oh and yeah, Tyson could be something special. His best is BOG and his worst is "did Tyson play today?" but think that is mainly between the ears and will hopefully improve with experience. If he and the rest of our midfield crop reach there potential (grr, hate that word) we will have something special on our hands.
I think Tyson is looking an excellent investment.

I'm not certain which word you hate there. I cringe a bit at phrases like 'midfield crop' but you actually made the comment after 'potential' which seems to be a fairly innocuous word.

I just remembered another thing I liked about the game. Watching the replay I'm pretty sure the commentators only said 'the old firm' once which is an improvement for Hawks games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back