Streaming Westworld

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

success.gif

The Pilot was shot at least 2 years ago. The actor who played the American Indian/card dealer the man in black [Ed Harris] kidnaped and then scalped died in 2014.

Enjoyed it. Will have to download it again, my picture didn't look that great and there was some beautiful shots.

Half expect Ed Harris to be revealed as a rogue robot that's figured out reality and has somehow gone off the system grid and now is killing the others to figure out escape. Because why would a mere amusement park patron care about 'figuring out the game'? Anthony Hopkins might be covering his tracks.

Liked the Western stuff more than the evil corporation being evil-y.

The entire "Man in black" character is interesting. we know he is human, but dont know if he is a guest or just found his way there after so many visits over 30 years. like if he is a guest then how come the park operators havent said anything about him going missing with a host [The day after raping the star host], unless the "Game" thing is his storyline. All the "hosts" in the sublevel have to play a bigger plot later. Is the glitch going to be Hopkins character sabotaging the park while getting forced out or dying, or is it the engineer that will cause the Hosts to remember stuff from past cycles.

Its already doing a great job of setting up everything to be unpredictable in terms of if its real or a storyline the humans are playing out.

There are so many seeds they have planted like a God complex, AI/hosts becoming sentient, Corporate Sabotage from within or a competing company.

Dis gunna be good.

Extremely solid ep. The bloke who played Delores' old man nailed that scene.

In.

Yes, great call. Brilliant acting.

So much scope and potential for where this all goes. Suspect it will be a touch more nuanced and gripping than nonsense like Wayward Pines.

Great first episode. All the actors playing androids did a great job esp. the malfunctioning sheriff and the older android drinking with the creator.

yeah intriguing first episode, there was a couple times the boss woman looked androidish (although I doubt she is but...) - going to be some trickery with who's what as it plays out, what's to stop them creating a look alike of an actual person for example. Some great scenery, looked the goods on my new 50".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Ed Harris is a robot from a competitor masquerading as a human (they already talked about the 'big picture/secret plans' when the two staff were on the balcony). Westworld's robots can't hurt him because they can't recognise him as robot.

yeah intriguing first episode, there was a couple times the boss woman looked androidish (although I doubt she is but...) - going to be some trickery with who's what as it plays out, what's to stop them creating a look alike of an actual person for example.

Definitely going to do the "Person is a robot" twist at least once (well technically they already did it in the opening 11 minutes). My money's on Ed Harris :p

Fantastic and solid start to the series

Has the potential to be as good as GOT for HBO

Pretty solid start. Would have liked to have seen a bit more of the technology making the place tick to sell it and make it a bit more believable - maybe technology is the wrong word, probably more the logistics, stuff like trucking the robots back to the workshop for repairs, resetting for the next day, how far the workshop/visitor centre is from the park, how their magic camera in the sky works etc. Guess I can understand why they didn't though with so much of the story being told from the robots point of view. Minor issue anyway, lots of potential here, the trailer for the coming weeks looks great.

Extremely solid ep. The bloke who played Delores' old man nailed that scene.

Yep. Chills when he started talking about meeting his maker. I'd be turning all those things off right about now lol.

Half expect Ed Harris to be revealed as a rogue robot that's figured out reality and has somehow gone off the system grid and now is killing the others to figure out escape.

Surely thats whats happening. Figured out some way to make himself immune to damage from the other robots.

They went out of their way to make sure we knew Ed Harris was human and the other bloke wasn't during the shootout at the homestead, it would be a bit silly if that was just over-the-top bait and switching though. When they said that the hosts wouldn't hurt a fly, you kinda knew that when they did that that would be the signal that things were kicking off, not to mention that we didn't hear what Daddy whispered in her ear

It's also a bit hard to see how they stretch this out over more than a season or two

They went out of their way to make sure we knew Ed Harris was human and the other bloke wasn't during the shootout at the homestead, it would be a bit silly if that was just over-the-top bait and switching though.

All but guaranteed that will be the 'twist' in a few eps time IMO. I don't mind it. Behavior/glitch/system exploits that set him up to be human will be explained and will be central to the story of him becoming sentient/self aware, will probably get a flashback at some stage.

All but guaranteed that will be the 'twist' in a few eps time IMO. I don't mind it. Behavior/glitch/system exploits that set him up to be human will be explained and will be central to the story of him becoming sentient/self aware, will probably get a flashback at some stage.

But how did he not get shot?

But how did he not get shot?

He's found a glitch or system exploit.

Can't say how he's done it yet - we'd need to know more about what specifically in the technology doesn't allow robots to shoot the guests (doesn't seem to be blanks in their guns judging by the holes in milk drinking guy and splatter when Thandie Newton capped one of the robbers). But somehow he's found a way to fool the technology behind the place into recognising him as human and therefore unharmable, at least by other robots - thats my guess anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back