Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon I've had it once or twice on tap but always when I've had a few already and have never really taken note. Never bought it sober.

I'm sure it's good stuff

Can confirm it is amazing. Im so impressed with it. Stunning beer! No idea how they've filtered it and kept so much hop aroma in there.

Can confirm it is amazing. Im so impressed with it. Stunning beer! No idea how they've filtered it and kept so much hop aroma in there.
Is filtering mostly for clarity? Or is it meant to filter out off flavours too?

Is filtering mostly for clarity? Or is it meant to filter out off flavours too?

There's different micron filters to remove different things but filtering will grab yeast and jop particles. Off flavours will remain within the beer. No off flavours here, though. Can tell this has had a really clean ferment, crisp and dry. Solid AF.

There's different micron filters to remove different things but filtering will grab yeast and jop particles. Off flavours will remain within the beer. No off flavours here, though. Can tell this has had a really clean ferment, crisp and dry. Solid AF.
Crazy that your saison has attenuated that much so quickly. Must be a hungry yeast

Crazy that your saison has attenuated that much so quickly. Must be a hungry yeast

Belle saison is a beast man. If you like saisons, get it! Its happy to ferment warmer too so no need for fridge if you can maintain a nice even temp.

I havent checked it in a few days but Monday it was down to 1006! Thats 7 days fermentation.

SpaceClef or anyone else who has dabbled in East Coast only beers - tried Fixation Brewing IPA? A small batch has landed here at one shop with no certainty to return. CraftyPint rated it top 4 in the country for 5.x-6.4% IPAs.. That's almost good enough for me to just grab a carton of it. Any thoughts/reviews welcome?

Has a 95 Ratebeer score.

Solid thread!

Fixation is a nice IPA without being amazing. There definitely are better in the market.

Solid thread!

Fixation is a nice IPA without being amazing. There definitely are better in the market.

Not many better I've had fresh this year, and Ive tried them all if theyre local to WA. Seriously impressed with this batch - maybe I got lucky. It appears Im not alone though as its highly scored on ratebeer and got a top 4 in the crafty pint blind tastings. Of the top 3 on the day, I dont think we really see stock of those over here unfortunately.

Not many better I've had fresh this year, and Ive tried them all if theyre local to WA. Seriously impressed with this batch - maybe I got lucky. It appears Im not alone though as its highly scored on ratebeer and got a top 4 in the crafty pint blind tastings. Of the top 3 on the day, I dont think we really see stock of those over here unfortunately.

For me I have numerous American IPA's ahead and also Pirate Life and Mornington.

Perth homebrewers, which homebrew supply store would you recommend a friend of a friend who is about to embark on a homebrew journey.

I don't know where he lives so anything goes.

Cheers.

Also, been living off vending machine cans of Sapporo, Asahi and Suntory. Very looking forward to something with a bit more depth, but it does go down well with the humidity.

Perth homebrewers, which homebrew supply store would you recommend a friend of a friend who is about to embark on a homebrew journey.

Cheers.

Also, been living off vending machine cans of Sapporo, Asahi and Suntory. Very looking forward to something with a bit more depth, but it does go down well with the humidity.
I will be sampling as many Japanese beers as possible starting tomorrow!!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

I will be sampling as many Japanese beers as possible starting tomorrow!!

Hint: going out for coffee is a much more expensive experience than it is even in Perth!

Got slugged $17 for two iced coffees today (just coffee, milk and ice - no ice cream or cream!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers.

TWOC in Bibra Lake

mattyc75 are you going to Kyoto?

If so, check out Beer Komachi - just google it. Tiny little bar with 8 or 9 local Japanese craft beers on tap. Pretty great. The porter there was dang good

So much beer tomorrow..

Pretty much full kegs of my Parrot Life pale ale, Grapefruit Sculpin IPA clone, West Coast red ale, carton of Fixation IPA, 2 x growlers of Cheeky Monkey Hopflinger IPA and session stout... Im sure Im forgetting some. Went a bit nuts then forgot to invite people til early this week when I got back from Yallingup so most people have plans. The few who arrive will leave pretty tanked!

Also its my birthday tomorrow :rainbow:

Cheers.

3fe28c40d021ef8c15fab37cf8ede45a.jpg

mattyc75 are you going to Kyoto?

If so, check out Beer Komachi - just google it. Tiny little bar with 8 or 9 local Japanese craft beers on tap. Pretty great. The porter there was dang good
Not sure just got here today, based here for 6 days or so but heading to Osaka too.got a couple of kids with us so unfortunately have to wait til the missus cracks the shits with me so I can go out..

So much beer tomorrow..

Pretty much full kegs of my Parrot Life pale ale, Grapefruit Sculpin IPA clone, West Coast red ale, carton of Fixation IPA, 2 x growlers of Cheeky Monkey Hopflinger IPA and session stout... Im sure Im forgetting some. Went a bit nuts then forgot to invite people til early this week when I got back from Yallingup so most people have plans. The few who arrive will leave pretty tanked!

Hoppy birthday

So much beer tomorrow..

Nice lineup. So you still with us mate? :D

Here2tellyouwhy G'day Old mate...Brew is down, A nice 23 litres of Cervasa (not sure if spelt correct) was put on this morning before work, temp sitting nicely at 23 degrees, all going nicely so far 12 hours in.

Nice s**t stain forming on top with about 3mm of foam so far sitting on top.
Smells gooood!

Here2tellyouwhy G'day Old mate...Brew is down, A nice 23 litres of Cervasa (not sure if spelt correct) was put on this morning before work, temp sitting nicely at 23 degrees, all going nicely so far 12 hours in.

Smells gooood!

Where have you got it fermenting? Are you able to control the temperature?

Smells gooood!

MontgomeryBurnsExcellent.jpg

Did you take a gravity reading?
Like Dan said any temp control is good control. If you could get it to a constant 18C you'll make a better beer.
Even a wet towel with a fan blowing on it does the job.

Got your sterilisation stuff and bottles ready?

Back