Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice. I’m brewing a coopers pale clone this weekend to use the yeast again, it’s part of an all-australian brew exercise I’m doing with my homebrew club.

the coopers stout clone still needs a couple of weeks of conditioning but it’s tasting decent.

I should do a US red ale. Such a good style.
Nice. I brewed a CPA once with a reculture. Really nice beer but I reccomend fermienting low- like about 14-15c. I fermented at 17-18c and got big banana flavours. I would drop to the bottom of the temp range to get the pear esters or put it under a small amount of pressure.

Nice. I’m brewing a coopers pale clone this weekend to use the yeast again, it’s part of an all-australian brew exercise I’m doing with my homebrew club.

the coopers stout clone still needs a couple of weeks of conditioning but it’s tasting decent.

I should do a US red ale. Such a good style.

Dialling in the colour is the most fun part of a red ale I reckon. Definitely an art to it

Nice. I brewed a CPA once with a reculture. Really nice beer but I reccomend fermienting low- like about 14-15c. I fermented at 17-18c and got big banana flavours. I would drop to the bottom of the temp range to get the pear esters or put it under a small amount of pressure.
Interesting - I kinda want some banana just to make sure people realise it’s legit coopers yeast. The stout was fermented at 18-21 over a ramp, and it’s not very bananaey, but there’s a lot of dark malt to hide it

Interesting - I kinda want some banana just to make sure people realise it’s legit coopers yeast. The stout was fermented at 18-21 over a ramp, and it’s not very bananaey, but there’s a lot of dark malt to hide it
Yeah that was just one experience so not entirely proven. From memory it was about a 2l starter from 6 stubbles of dregs. Yeast count, age,stress etc are all a bit unknown so take with a grain of salt.

Yeah that was just one experience so not entirely proven. From memory it was about a 2l starter from 6 stubbles of dregs. Yeast count, age,stress etc are all a bit unknown so take with a grain of salt.
This will be a massive amount of slurry from the stout so at least I’ll know whether or not it likes being over pitched!

This will be a massive amount of slurry from the stout so at least I’ll know whether or not it likes being over pitched!

Do you need to wash it going from dark beer to light beer? The only time I did this I went dark beer to dark beer and after I'd siphoned beer off the cold crashed slurry I just threw another whole fresh wort on top. Made a gigantic mess.

But Barley Wine is Life after all, so yolo

Do you need to wash it going from dark beer to light beer? The only time I did this I went dark beer to dark beer and after I'd siphoned beer off the cold crashed slurry I just threw another whole fresh wort on top. Made a gigantic mess.

But Barley Wine is Life after all, so yolo
Probably but I’m not too worried - I’m not dumping it on the whole cake, will probably just scoop out a heap and then make a quick starter out of it

Will you have the next wort ready to go? Making a starter seems like an unnecessary step
It’ll just be a quickie to get it raring to go. I like pitching yeast when it’s at peak activity even if it doesn’t need the growth per se. I have some starter wort ready to go so it’ll be easy enough

store update GIF

Back