Random Random thoughts and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta love the obsession from the mutts. They now have a dedicated thread to talk about us.

The obsession is so pathetically hilarious. Even the mods are getting in on it
GG ànd me been pissing em off on the Bay, they pissed me off so I took a shot. Running behind their board means they're safe. At least ours is walled now.

Sadly human nature being what it is respect has to be taught sometimes.

Hi guys I went to the big bash thingo tonight. Last ball 6 to win, notbad.jpg

Crickey there's a lot of noise and a lot of screeching kids

Fun but maybe a bit loud for my tastes to attend regularly...
I was there last night, too! Last minute thing - went with my Dad as he had a couple of spare tickets. Only flew back from Vic yesterday afternoon. We sat at the showground end. Atmosphere = AMAZEBALLS!!!

So what James Hird and his family is going through right now is horrible. And I have seen similar very close to my heart.

Forget the Essendon drug scandal... This is a human being in need of help

I know I need not say this of you guys. But giants fans be classy.

I say that as a disclaimer but I know you will

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gotta love the obsession from the mutts. They now have a dedicated thread to talk about us.

The obsession is so pathetically hilarious. Even the mods are getting in on it
The interesting thing is it's gets locked becuase of an internal shitfight. Seems they have issues between themselves, which does blow up around BF I've noticed. How someone like Matt Dougie is aĺlowed to continue is beyond me. I wont copy posts because I dont want to pollute our board but he really is beyond disgraceful.
I think it's a bigger issue with how the place is controlled. I do get it's a business ultimately and the issue for online business is always how to extract revenue. When any organisation uses volounteers though, in my experience the dark side of human nature appears. The lust for power is a strong motivator for people and with no other incentive it's harder to attract the minority who may not be, altruism isn't common.
I've seen solicitors letters flying over control.of a snooker club with an annual budget of a few hundred dollars before. People who maybe have no clout at work look for somewhere they can have some.
Add to that the need any organisation has to support the structure and it's not surprising we see what we see in the way the place is moderated. It would really be siĺly to expect any different.
My view is I do what I do, and what happens, happens.
Why you would sell your integrity to belong to an internet forum is beyond me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

35 years on bulletin boards and forums has taught me very little, but one thing I really did pickup on, if the troll isn't fed it dies.

Sometimes to defeat evil you need a different type of evil.

Wamp and I are not the fan we want but the one we need right now!

Oh and they really don't die off. MD shows this (among others).
But I do love how even his own fellow fans cant stand him.
Would hate to be like that eh guys... Guys?

meh, shaddup troll :p

meh, shaddup troll :p
0da78bc6084a3befbb0453e21546db22.gif

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say MD is related to someone.I like to think I'm pretty good at reading these things, not perfect, but I've had some good teachers over the years. There's something missing in trying to interpret what's hapoening and a close relaionship to someone who can protect him seems most likely to me.

On a completely different note I just managed to upgrade to premium for this account. The ads have been driving me crazy, possibly becuase I'm on a phone and tech challenged. Woo Hoo!

I also get morally if you use a service as much as I do then you probably should pay something.

Hi, new to the BF forum and I just had a question about the 2017 draft.

Not sure if this question is a bit early, but assuming we retain most of the academy zone and taking the 1000 point draft penalty into consideration, I was curious what trades (e.g. devon smith for a 2017 first round pick) we would predict or want to make in order to gain the necessary points to pick up academy products such as Jarrod Brander, Jack Powell and Charlie Spargo, all of whom could be prospective 1st round picks. I think we currently hold our own 1st round pick, 3 2nd round picks (additional two from St. Kilda and Collingwood), no 3rd round picks and our own 4th round pick (with all subsequent round picks carrying no points). With the strength of our current team, would it be worth trading 1 or 2 first 22 players (e.g. shiel, patton or smith) in order to acquire points in the 2017 draft?

Not sure if this question is a bit early, but assuming we retain most of the academy zone and taking the 1000 point draft penalty into consideration, I was curious what trades (e.g. devon smith for a 2017 first round pick) we would predict or want to make in order to gain the necessary points to pick up academy products such as Jarrod Brander, Jack Powell and Charlie Spargo, all of whom could be prospective 1st round picks. I think we currently hold our own 1st round pick, 3 2nd round picks (additional two from St. Kilda and Collingwood), no 3rd round picks and our own 4th round pick (with all subsequent round picks carrying no points). With the strength of our current team, would it be worth trading 1 or 2 first 22 players (e.g. shiel, patton or smith) in order to acquire points in the 2017 draft?

We have 16 senior list players coming out of contract at the end of this year, we'll trade the ones that want to go home.
No point worrying about the academy guys value as yet, they were mostly wildly inaccurate for last year 10 months out.

Lot of water to pass under the bridge before this one can be answered properly

Welcome
I actually hope we're struggling to get the points together in some ways. It will mean we've retained the guys coming off contract. It know it's a business but I like our list. I'm sure the ckub will have a different view about brining in draftees thiugh, and you have to trade some.

Thanks for the welcome guys,

Yea I think we are still a fair way off having to worry about which players may be wanting out and I do like the look of the current list at the moment too. I reckon we are pretty well covered in defence and midfield (good spread of ages and good depth). Not sure what you guys think, but our forwards and their structure could be vulnerable if players like Patton and Smith choose to return to Victoria and Stevie J retires. Himmelberg (also out of contract at year's end), Sproule or Tiziani could fill for Patton, M. Kennedy if we can retain could take up Stevie J's position and another rotating midfielder could fill Smith's absence. I know all this is speculative, but assuming we do draft an academy product in 2017, which player would you prioritize out of Brander, Spargo and Powell? I would say Spargo is most important since he has good leadership qualities and because he fills the need of depth in the small forward role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back