Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently Otten might be rested this week and Newman dropped.....words going around on SC boards, not sure if true....but i fkin hope not otherwise ruins my trading plans.

Not a single mention of either of those players on Twitter in the last day other than an AFL Fantasy post including Newman and two posts about nothing for Otten.

It may well be true but methinks that kind of thing is just people making it up. Otten was supposed to be out the last four games.

So apparently Otten might be rested this week and Newman dropped.....words going around on SC boards, not sure if true....but i fkin hope not otherwise ruins my trading plans.

Newman wont be dropped. People are getting their knickers in a knot because we have players coming back from Injury. Newman on form is above a lot of Swans players like Florent/Fox/Foote/(Our WHOLE ******* TEAM) plus Newman has played a lot of midfield in Reserves so he can push up on the wing/release Jones & Mills.

Newman wont be dropped. People are getting their knickers in a knot because we have players coming back from Injury. Newman on form is above a lot of Swans players like Florent/Fox/Foote/(Our WHOLE ******* TEAM) plus Newman has played a lot of midfield in Reserves so he can push up on the wing/release Jones & Mills.

For the sake of my draft team, which has both, PLEASE!!!!!

With our outs already & the suns having big man problems in the backline I'd be very surprised if Otten isn't named this week.

I hope we only replace Kelly so either Crouch or Wigg come in but our forward structure stays the same & we send a Mackay/Milera/Smith type player to come of HB otherwise I'm trading Otten instead of Hampton this week

Last edited:
Strongly considering Yeo this week. Florent > Balic frees up enough cash for me to upgrade Taranto to Yeo. Taranto might still have a bit of money to make but waiting on him to max probably puts this trade out of reach.

Good trades. The perfect downgrade/upgrade.

And Houston will finally be dropped for Pittard :rolleyes:

Good trades. The perfect downgrade/upgrade.

Still the inherent risk of banking on Yeo to score more consistently than in previous years, but I think I'm okay with taking that risk for what I'm giving up. Florent is a steaming pile of forty and Taranto just not setting the world on fire, and there's not much reason to think either of them will change that anytime soon. Balic may turn out to be a bust, but his low score at this point is right in Florent's regular range, with his high well above Florent's ceiling so far.

With our outs already & the suns having big man problems in the backline I'd be very surprised if Otten isn't named this week.

I hope we only replace Kelly so either Crouch or Wigg come in but our forward structure stays the same & we send a Mackay/Milera/Smith type player to come of HB otherwise I'm trading Otten instead of Hampton this week
Reckon Hampton may get the chop this week with Crouch possibly returning?

If that happens then I might jump on Hodge #YOLO

I hate this trade week, I feel I need to make a smart move to make ground, but it could be silly also.

Still the inherent risk of banking on Yeo to score more consistently than in previous years, but I think I'm okay with taking that risk for what I'm giving up. Florent is a steaming pile of forty and Taranto just not setting the world on fire, and there's not much reason to think either of them will change that anytime soon. Balic may turn out to be a bust, but his low score at this point is right in Florent's regular range, with his high well above Florent's ceiling so far.

Pretty easy to justify.

As you say, at worst Balic = Florent and Yeo >> Taranto

At points in the season you need to take educated risks on guys breaking out/underpriced because you cant have a team of all the most expensive players. Yeo has burnt me before so I am not sure if I would go there but he looks relavent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Hampton may get the chop this week with Crouch possibly returning?

If that happens then I might jump on Hodge #YOLO

I hate this trade week, I feel I need to make a smart move to make ground, but it could be silly also.

Yeah I think that would be a higher chance of happening as we have a lot more players who can cover his position atm rather then us leaving another "taller" option in Otten out. Although I wouldn't understand that decision either, as we want game time into players like Hampton & I would of thought his skills he brings to the side are perfect for a fast exciting match that will be played against GC, I'm thinking we get atleast another week out of both.. just

Robertson could be worth a look if going down that route?? Quite a bit cheaper & averaging a lil more, although I have no idea of his role or anything as haven't paid him any attention

Thinking about Yeo but he's the ultimate burnman. My mind keeps going to Zerrett. Kid is a jet.

Thoughts on proposed:

Hampton>Williamson
Shaw>Zerrett

Completes my mids but I'd be now running a 2/0/6 backline (Doc/Adams & co)

Thinking about Yeo but he's the ultimate burnman. My mind keeps going to Zerrett. Kid is a jet.

Thoughts on proposed:

Hampton>Williamson
Shaw>Zerrett

Completes my mids but I'd be now running a 2/0/6 backline (Doc/Adams & co)
I am thinking along the same lines. I desperately want him but really want to wait a week. As good as he is, I doubt he will hit his BE and I wouldn't mind saving a few thousand bucks. I also intend on running a bit light on down back at the moment.

I might be crazy, but despite his s**t form I can still see Shaw being a backline keeper at seasons end
Top Backs currently are
Adams, Larid, Docherty, Lloyd, Roberton, Montagna, Hodge, Salem, Howe, Suckling, Simpson

Shaw can easily join that group. He would have scored 90 last week if he hadn't gone off injured

The right time to get rid of Shaw if you were going to was before price changes (or after the first, when Lloyd was still cheaper). Reckon those that didn't offload him before are best to stick with him

I reckon even if Yeo limits his output a little (10ppg) he will still be a Top 10 forward by the end of the year

Right now the Top 10 Forwards (who have played more than 2 games) by average are
Riewoldt, Walker, Macrae, Yeo, Neal-Bullen, Franklin, J.Cameron, WHE, Dahlhaus, I.Smith

There's a few forwards in Greene,Gunston,"The Real" Tom Lynch & maybe Miller who should come through into the top10 list but I agree I think he will be a top 8-10 FWD at years end...Unless I choose him over Buddy next week(won't happen) then he won't get into my team but I don't think anyone would regret the decision & the rd12 bye is a bonus!

I might be crazy, but despite his s**t form I can still see Shaw being a backline keeper at seasons end
Top Backs currently are
Adams, Larid, Docherty, Lloyd, Roberton, Montagna, Hodge, Salem, Howe, Suckling, Simpson

Shaw can easily join that group. He would have scored 90 last week if he hadn't gone off injured

The right time to get rid of Shaw if you were going to was before price changes (or after the first, when Lloyd was still cheaper). Reckon those that didn't offload him before are best to stick with him

Will be in my team when his price hits rock bottom :) I'd much rather him at D6 then half those names mentioned

Will be in my team when his price hits rock bottom :) I'd much rather him at D6 then half those names mentioned

This. I traded out Shaw for S. Martin before price changes but Shaw is someone that could bottom out at low 400Ks and come good for an awesome D6.

Who ?? Nick Robertson ?? You sir are crazy !!

That would be a guy averaging 101 compared to hodge 98 who's 40k cheaper and has a be of 40 compared to Hodgey's 76

Averaging 26 disposals 8 marks over the last 3weeks with a ratio of 4:1 kick to hb! if you would like to know more on this guy who within the last 30 minutes of reading up on him would 100% be a better punt then Hodge imo head here http://dreamteamtalk.com/2017/04/19/ripe-for-the-picking-a-hyphen-a-day/

:)

Currently, I can't believe Sam Powell-Pepper is number 1 on the list of players traded out of my team. There are so many rookies that will not go as high as him, seems a strange choice. His 30 odd score wont help, but he is one rookie you will bank on getting mid 300K unlike Pickett/Florent/Stewart/etc....

That would be a guy averaging 101 compared to hodge 98 who's 40k cheaper and has a be of 40 compared to Hodgey's 76

Averaging 26 disposals 8 marks over the last 3weeks with a ratio of 4:1 kick to hb! if you would like to know more on this guy who within the last 30 minutes of reading up on him would 100% be a better punt then Hodge imo head here http://dreamteamtalk.com/2017/04/19/ripe-for-the-picking-a-hyphen-a-day/

:)

I think you missed the point. He was pointing out you said Robertson when speaking about Roberton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back