Toby Greene

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires really have no input in MRP anymore so regardless of what was said and the initial report it is unlikely to have any impact on the suspension. This was shown last week when Greene got off with the headbutt despite the umpire being two metres away.

MRP focus on two things, video evidence and doctors reports. Media influence will play a much bigger role than what the umpire said.

3 down to 2 for mine, probably should have missed the game after last week anyway, 2 to 1 is probably more apt but his rep kills him.

I want to the the umps apologise for the free against Mumford when Libba was knocked out, if that's illegal they need to play in ballet slippers

Why so aggressive? Rather really odd behaviour. Anyways.

I was showing point of contact, where it clearly shows the point of contact was mainly with the ball and not the head.

If anything the Bulldog player bending his neck after the taking the mark exacerbates the contact. The umpires comments were damning as if he was being targeted even before the game.
Fair play
I misinterpreted your intent

Play on

I'm a long way from an MRP expert, but I've thrown a few punches in my life, not once I have I closed my eyes whilst throwing a hook
Or not looked at where my fist arm was going...

He should get a week a though.

But interesting the 2 swinging arms from the Mutts werent reported not 5 mins later

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Or not looked at where my fist arm was going...

He should get a week a though.

But interesting the 2 swinging arms from the Mutts werent reported not 5 mins later

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I have seen it and it doesn't look like that big a deal to me. It's not a serioys premediated punch, is an infraction. Fine or a week is my guess.

Expect he'll get two weeks. Prior form counts and Toby's been on the edge a few times, the MRP will want to send him a message that may work out for us in the long run.
He's an annoyingly pesky smart alec of a player, he's OUR smart alec.

Bugger
Not really unfair though. We take it on the chin and hooe the other guys can step up I guess

Zac Dawson got the same penalty for spreading Jezza's nose across his face with his elbow, nowhere near the ball.
Jordan Lewis breaks a kids jaw, nowhere near the ball, again same penalty, got 3 weeks for poor record but was assesed exactly the same.

Quoted from the MRP statement,
The player has no applicable record which impacts the penalty

yet the AFL site has this as a headline, "Toby cops two games, serial offender banned."

WTF?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he first did it I thought he would get 3-4 weeks.

When I saw the comparisons I thought 1-2 weeks.

All things considered 2 weeks I think is ok. He needs a punishment and time away to reset and feel some pain.

He is close to my favourite player and clearly our most valuable this year but he does need a wake up call or he will miss a gf or crucial game.

We need to take our medicine on this and move on.

When he first did it I thought he would get 3-4 weeks.

When I saw the comparisons I thought 1-2 weeks.

All things considered 2 weeks I think is ok. He needs a punishment and time away to reset and feel some pain.

He is close to my favourite player and clearly our most valuable this year but he does need a wake up call or he will miss a gf or crucial game.

We need to take our medicine on this and move on.
I was thinking this too. Hopefully learns a valuable lesson.

Plus rest him up for saints and pies and bring him back firing for richmond and eagles

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gerard Healy said something really stupid on the couch last night. (I know, I know). But it was along the lines of "what do you do with a player like Toby who's always getting suspended"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but he copped a week in 2012 which ruled him ineligible for the rising star- and this one.

Been a few fines along the way, but am I missing any other actual MRP imposed suspensions?

Twice in 6 years is hardly "always"

Pre-judged and perception.

Gerard Healy said something really stupid on the couch last night. (I know, I know). But it was along the lines of "what do you do with a player like Toby who's always getting suspended"

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but he copped a week in 2012 which ruled him ineligible for the rising star- and this one.

Been a few fines along the way, but am I missing any other actual MRP imposed suspensions?

Twice in 6 years is hardly "always"

Pre-judged and perception.

You're right re suspensions but I think he was getting at the fact Toby has been cited quite a lot and dodged bullets.

Without thinking too hard I can remember the spitting, head butt and a couple of high shots with insufficient force.

He has had to play an enforcer role earlier for us as our team has always been young and was pushed around for the first 3 or 4 years. It's also a bit his personality.

I love the fact he's aggressive and doesn't bow down to anyone it's just recently it's got a bit out of control.

It's a shame as his game has gone to another level and he is now genuinely elite.

He does not need to lose his competitiveness, just needs to tone down the overt stuff that gets him into trouble and beat them with his talent/hard work.

You're right re suspensions but I think he was getting at the fact Toby has been cited quite a lot and dodged bullets.

Without thinking too hard I can remember the spitting, head butt and a couple of high shots with insufficient force.

He has had to play an enforcer role earlier for us as our team has always been young and was pushed around for the first 3 or 4 years. It's also a bit his personality.

I love the fact he's aggressive and doesn't bow down to anyone it's just recently it's got a bit out of control.

It's a shame as his game has gone to another level and he is now genuinely elite.

He does not need to lose his competitiveness, just needs to tone down the overt stuff that gets him into trouble and beat them with his talent/hard work.
I disagree. He is good because he is hard and competitive and physical. It's not that he is good and is choosing these things but rather he is good because he does. If we want to accept him as an elite player I think we need to accept that he will cross the line as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back