• Ds 30+

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Ds 20 +

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Ds by a smidgen

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confident whenever we play at Adelaide oval, won 20 of our last 22 games at AO plus 23-12 record against Melbourne, 14-4 in Adelaide. Will be breathing fire and get back on track. Adelaide by 61

Seem to recall Melbourne beating us at AO. Was my first game at the oval, ******* horrible game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember we had long periods of bombing it into the forward line time and time again for absolutely little award.

Just looked up the match.

9 goals 13 behinds to 11 goals 4 behinds :eek:
2 goals 4 behinds in the first half :eek:
64 inside 50s to 41 in our favor :eek:
Cam Pedersen with 12 hitouts :eek::eek:
Rohan Bail, Matt Jones and Dean Terlich with more than 20 disposals :eek::eek::eek:
Chris Dawes with 3 goals :eek::eek::eek::eek:

But most surprisingly

David Mackay with 22 touches, 4 tackles, 6 inside 50s, 4 clearances, 4 running bounces :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

If anyone wants a good laugh, go read the 'McDonald - Australian slang for spud' thread on the Melbourne board. Genuine barrel of laughs, many very amusing posts on that thread.
Seems odd. Tom McDonald is a gun, remember him giving Tex a solid bathing one day. If they don't want him, we'll take him off their hands.

Seems odd. Tom McDonald is a gun, remember him giving Tex a solid bathing one day. If they don't want him, we'll take him off their hands.
Tom is good
Oscar needs more development

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne have been criticised for not capitalising on winning positions. We starting about as well as my old mower.

If the D's watch the tape of the North game, they should come out breathing fire. If they're up at 3/4 time, they will win.

If we get our hands on the pill early and use it well, we should win comfortably. If we don't, we don't deserve to be in the conversation.

Melbourne have been criticised for not capitalising on winning positions. We starting about as well as my old mower.

If the D's watch the tape of the North game, they should come out breathing fire. If they're up at 3/4 time, they will win.

If we get our hands on the pill early and use it well, we should win comfortably. If we don't, we don't deserve to be in the conversation.

If we don't beat Melbourne at home and "respond" after getting slaughtered by a 1-5 team, our season is cooked. It'd show we are mentally shot.

If we don't beat Melbourne at home and "respond" after getting slaughtered by a 1-5 team, our season is cooked. It'd show we are mentally shot.
Hold the phone mate, no team at 6-2 is at a 'season over' scenario. Melbourne have been right in every game they've played this year, they've beaten us at Adelaide Oval before and have as much to 'respond' to as we do. We should win but we might not.

For all those claiming 'there's still doubts' etc.; guess what? There always will be. No team is a monty to win every game. There's a reason there's never been an undefeated season in the history of the VFL/AFL. It's an even more even comp than ever now too, we're going to lose sometimes. The Dogs lost 7 times last year and still won the flag. Settle yourself down and start enjoying footy again.

Hold the phone mate, no team at 6-2 is at a 'season over' scenario. Melbourne have been right in every game they've played this year, they've beaten us at Adelaide Oval before and have as much to 'respond' to as we do. We should win but we might not.

For all those claiming 'there's still doubts' etc.; guess what? There always will be. No team is a monty to win every game. There's a reason there's never been an undefeated season in the history of the VFL/AFL. It's an even more even comp than ever now too, we're going to lose sometimes. The Dogs lost 7 times last year and still won the flag. Settle yourself down and start enjoying footy again.

It's not a matter of winning enough games to make finals. We'll make finals this year, and probably top 4. It's about being a team good enough to win the flag. If we're not mentally good enough to step up, respond, come out breathing fire to atone for a shitfest, how on earth are we going to be in the right mental state to win when it counts?

I don't mind losing to better teams. I don't mind rocking up, trying our hardest, and getting beaten by a better outfit. But we are clearly a better team than Melbourne and the only way we lose is by putting in another insipid, weak effort. Putting in s**t efforts when we should be doing the opposite is the exact plague that has prevented us from winning when it matters: in finals.

Was super impressed with Sam Frost's game on the weekend. Looked like Lever with his ability to intercept the ball and take off the other direction. Really took the game on and set up play from the backline. He's someone we will need to keep quiet.
Melbourne have some quality midfielders these days, with the emergence of Oliver, Viney and Neal-Bullen (and a few others). The Jacobs vs Pedersen matchup is one we will need to exploit and get first use of the ball as often as possible.
Bernie will probably tag Rory, even if they're pretending he won't. Sloane is good enough to break that tag, but the Crouch brothers will play a big role in winning the ball in the contest.
Hopefully we come out firing early, after what can only be described as a disaster last week. We will learn a lot about this group by how we come out at the start of this game. Feels like a statement game tbh against a fairly good opponent.
I'm expecting us to win, and it's pretty important we do.

Collingwood came mighty close in 1929, winning all 18 home and away games. Dropped the 2nd semi, won the prelim and won the premiership. I wonder if any team will ever go through undefeated in a season. Seems might unlikely.
I doubt we'll be beaten on Saturday, but even if we are it aint the end of our season nor the world. The Footscray example you quote is pertinent.

I was one of a small number of Crows supporters to see the Massacre at Blundstone live and I must admit it has shaken my confidence. The Roos kicked with the wind in the first quarter but it wasn't a hurricane, after quarter time there were 14 goals kicked with the wind and 11 goals against the wind.

The major problem in the first quarter was that we were killed in the clearances and after winning the centre clearance the Roos either scored quickly or kept the ball in their F50 until they scored. Over the whole match we lost the centre clearances 23 to 11. We are very lucky that Max is gawn this week. Melbourne have a good group of tough inside mids and they are quite capable of repeating the smacking we received from the Roos midfield. Sauce should give our mids first use of the ball and hopefully they will be ready to rumble.

Riley Knight couldn't get near the ball but he has played well in his other games this year. Similar story for Hampton. We have to back these guys in because they can provide the improvement that we need as a team to challenge for the flag.

I will be happy with a one point win this week.

Was super impressed with Sam Frost's game on the weekend. Looked like Lever with his ability to intercept the ball and take off the other direction. Really took the game on and set up play from the backline. He's someone we will need to keep quiet.
Melbourne have some quality midfielders these days, with the emergence of Oliver, Viney and Neal-Bullen (and a few others). The Jacobs vs Pedersen matchup is one we will need to exploit and get first use of the ball as often as possible.
Bernie will probably tag Rory, even if they're pretending he won't. Sloane is good enough to break that tag, but the Crouch brothers will play a big role in winning the ball in the contest.
Hopefully we come out firing early, after what can only be described as a disaster last week. We will learn a lot about this group by how we come out at the start of this game. Feels like a statement game tbh against a fairly good opponent.
I'm expecting us to win, and it's pretty important we do.
Im expecting Bernie to be the most hated person in Adelaide on sat night if he tries his dirty tactics

Back