Player Watch #44 Jake Lloyd

Remove this Banner Ad

sbyiYhsV.jpg

Jake Lloyd

Player Profile

Jake Lloyd is a ball magnet, an endurance machine, a clean user of the footy and a calming influence on the Sydney Swans’ half-back line. The former rookie-listed Swan averaged 27.22 disposals per match between 2016 and 2019 and won the club’s 2018 Bob Skilton Medal. Lloyd became the quickest Swan in history to reach 100 senior games when he ran out against Hawthorn at the MCG in Round 8, 2018. He was then recognised as one of the best players in the league when he was selected for Victoria in the State of Origin match for bushfire relief in February 2019. Draft history: 2013 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 15; 2014 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney).

Jake Lloyd

DOB: 20 September 1993
DEBUT: 2013
DRAFT: 2014
RECRUITED FROM: Horsham Demons (Vic)/North Ballarat U18

Last edited:
He needs to be signed up long term quick.

Most consistent player all year Buddy excluded.

Been a rock.

JPK?
I'd argue Jack has been consistently bad this year also, but yes Lloyd provides surety on rebound and has been consistently good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has taken on much of the responsibility of our transition this year and handled it with minimal fuss.

Will be top 3 B&F this year the way he's going.

I firmly believe we would have won the Hawthorn game if we hadn't have lost Jake so early, even playing as poorly as we did. Of ALL the players to lose, Jake was probably the one we could least afford such is his importance to our set ups, in my humble opinion anyway.

Haha. This thread reminds me of my great uncle who used to slag off Grundy every chance he got. He went quiet for about 6 years until Grundy had a couple of poor games earlier this year before declaring "he's still s**t"

SM is your great uncle?

I firmly believe we would have won the Hawthorn game if we hadn't have lost Jake so early, even playing as poorly as we did. Of ALL the players to lose, Jake was probably the one we could least afford such is his importance to our set ups, in my humble opinion anyway.

Tend to agree with you. We gave up 19pts from 6 turnovers in D50 in the first quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me does it feel like lloyd has been in the best 22 a lot longer than he has...debuted in 14'...to me feels like he has just always been in the side

Yeah he's pretty much a staple. It's been bizarre watching his development. I can't recall ever seeing a player's growth in confidence being so physically evident each year. Feels like every year he's gotten better and better to the point where now he plays with borderline arrogance (except that he's actually one of the fairest quiet achievers at the club)

Yeah he's pretty much a staple. It's been bizarre watching his development. I can't recall ever seeing a player's growth in confidence being so physically evident each year. Feels like every year he's gotten better and better to the point where now he plays with borderline arrogance (except that he's actually one of the fairest quiet achievers at the club)
Has copped some flack on here for being perceived as soft( i for one dont think so) but he really had a trial by fire. Got into the team and pretty much stayed in wheres as most othrr youngsters have had to really prove themselves to horse

He is another one that needs to be signed up. Starting to get some attention now so the vics will be circling.

Lloyd, papley, hewett, blakey, jones, heeney, mills...this club is in a real good place

Said it up this thread or another.

If anyone need a long term contract it is this guy.

Jakey really has become important for our structure.
I feel confident now when he has ball in hand that he will make the right decision
He was a big out in the Hawks game

He's our most important player right now. We can handle buddy not playing and Kennedy not playing imo (well I mean to an extent). But our ball movement completely breaks down without Lloyd. Just vital to the team.

He's our most important player right now. We can handle buddy not playing and Kennedy not playing imo (well I mean to an extent). But our ball movement completely breaks down without Lloyd. Just vital to the team.
Lloyd is good but no way in the world is he more important than buddy or jpk ,
Even Parker , grundy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back