Jonathan O'Rourke

Remove this Banner Ad

He will play in the VFL this week according to Andrew Russell. This is pretty much it. How he finishes the year off in the VFL may determine whether or not he gets a new contract extension.
He will be at the club next year mate

Andrew Russell said: 'we decided to give him a really good rehab, put a conditioning block into him, so that he can finish the year really strongly and we expect him to come back and play some good footy for us.'

From a statement like that it seems like he's firmly in our plans for next year and hopefully can get his body right. We've seen some younger players thrive with the departure of Sam and Jordan, so hopefully O'Rourke is one that lives us to his potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm hoping we give him 2018 as his last chance to get healthy and break into senior side, was good in the VFL this year before the usual JOR hamstring injury.

It seems this is the plan to me. He's got skill, talent, athleticism. Just crap hamstrings. A midfield with a Brownlow medalist (knock on wood), a Rising Star and a #2 pick could be a nightmare for the competition (one man's nightmare is another man's wet dream).

It will take incredibly hard work and a good dose of luck (what champion team doesn't need those?), but the Hawks are staring a phenomenal opportunity. I'm almost giddy thinking how exciting this could all be.

I see JOR as our Burgers replacement long term.

Bloody big shoes to fill
Naah he just brings something different to what we have in the midfield. Important player good skills and vision. Could be a great receiverin traffic

Not many people on the list I want to see do well and succeed. Cops it on here but the injuries obviously aren't his fault and I can imagine the mental demons he has faced trying to get through this. Was in amazing form pre injury this year and he will play a big role next year.

would be silly to let him go.
we need all the depth we can get at the moment especially not having as many high draft picks.
if he can stay healthy I believe he can become a B grade player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back