Teams Minnesota Vikings - Skol Vikings

Remove this Banner Ad

Well once again proof that we can't have nice things.

******* sucks for Dalvin.

In all seriousness, very sorry to see that.

Hate seeing rookies get such serious injuries.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer confirmed Dalvin Cook tore his ACL Week 4 and is done for the season.

Zimmer added there is a "little bit of cartilage" damage in Cook's knee and there could be some damage to the meniscus as well. It is a terrible blow for a player who was on his way to a great rookie season. Cook should be able to return in time for training camp next year, but the Vikings likely will take it easy on their franchise back throughout the offseason program. With Cook out for the year, Latavius Murray should step into a featured role with Jerick McKinnon as the change-of-pace option.

Source: Vikings on Twitter

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer confirmed Dalvin Cook tore his ACL Week 4 and is done for the season.

Zimmer added there is a "little bit of cartilage" damage in Cook's knee and there could be some damage to the meniscus as well. It is a terrible blow for a player who was on his way to a great rookie season. Cook should be able to return in time for training camp next year, but the Vikings likely will take it easy on their franchise back throughout the offseason program. With Cook out for the year, Latavius Murray should step into a featured role with Jerick McKinnon as the change-of-pace option.

It’s rumoured that Ronnie Hillman might make a return to the team. Not a bad RB3 option IMO

So lucky to have a back up RB of Murrays quality ready to go.

Was as attractive as Mike Glennon but its a W at Soldier.

Thank jebus for this defence.

Watching when I get home will be both interesting and depressing.
only their 2nd win at Soldier Field in the last 10 games there, so any win is a good win....

only their 2nd win at Soldier Field in the last 10 games there, so any win is a good win....

Yeah absolutely.

Sam clearly not ready to go. Mobility wasn't there, not stepping into the throw, whether it was the brace or still the injury itself. Was like he had to give it a go, but didn't really want to be out there yet. Case has shown he can get some things done for a stretch at least, so we'll see for a few more weeks now.

Nice to see Jet step up with a big game, he is the better fit to the now Cook centric design for alot of it, so it makes sense. Should be a decent mix if he can do it consistently this time around, mixing it with Murray banging it in.

Again it's on the defence, and man I love em, once they make there adjustments they are all over it. Should have had a few more picks :p

Last edited:
Yeah absolutely.

Sam clearly not ready to go. Mobility wasn't there, not stepping into the throw, whether it was the brace or still the injury itself. Was like he had to give it a go, but didn't really want to be out there yet. Case has shown he can get some things done for a stretch at least, so we'll see for a few more weeks now.

Nice to see Jet step up with a big game, he is the better fit to the now Cook centric design for alot of it, so it makes sense. Should be a decent mix if he can do it consistently this time around, mixing it with Murray banging it in.

Again it's on the defence, and man I love em, once they make there adjustments they are all over it. Should have had a few more picks :p

After listening to Eric Sugarman's (Vikings Head Trainer) description of Bradford's knee injury as "wear and tear" I genuinely doubt that the Vikings would consider Bradford for anything other than the franchise tag in 2018 as anything else would be too high risk. Sugarman said the injury was a non-contact injury and it would appear that Bradford simply twisted his knee during the game and that resulted in a month long injury. Bradford has had his left knee repaired twice and it would appear that their may be ongoing issues with the general health of that knee as a result.

The focus will inevitably move to Teddy Bridgewater who gets the final checks on his knee next week prior to the decision to activate him from the PUP list. The media is speculating that Bridgewater would likely to be ready to go following the week 9 bye if he was activated after week 6. The only problem with that plan is that the Viking's schedule ramps up from a defence perspective with Washington, LA Rams, Carolina, and Cincinnati on the list of opponents.

If Detroit figure out there current kinks they would be my favourite for NFCN. Tate missing will hurt them abit for a few weeks. But they are the more complete team when functioning correctly.

Our offense is week to week at the moment and if it starts failing could easily burn out the defence again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Detroit figure out there current kinks they would be my favourite for NFCN. Tate missing will hurt them abit for a few weeks. But they are the more complete team when functioning correctly.

Our offense is week to week at the moment and if it starts failing could easily burn out the defence again.

TBH - I'd wait a few weeks before anyone rights off the Packers. Hundley has been in on the team for three years and should have a good grasp of the offence. He's definitely no Aaron Rodgers, but Keenum has surprised me so far with his performances behind centre, and there's no evidence (yet) that Hundley will be putrid.

One of the big knocks I've got on the Lions is the total lack of a vertical offence. The Cotter approach features a lot of short passes (sound familiar) and that kind of game plan needs perfect execution to win consistently.

TBH - I'd wait a few weeks before anyone rights off the Packers. Hundley has been in on the team for three years and should have a good grasp of the offence. He's definitely no Aaron Rodgers, but Keenum has surprised me so far with his performances behind centre, and there's no evidence (yet) that Hundley will be putrid.

One of the big knocks I've got on the Lions is the total lack of a vertical offence. The Cotter approach features a lot of short passes (sound familiar) and that kind of game plan needs perfect execution to win consistently.

Yeah they are still a shot for sure, I don't think he will be putrid at all, but if the OL continues to struggle with injury and can't give Hundley time I think he might struggle to put them over the top more often than not.

Bulaga and Bahktiari should be back soon though, so we'll see.

I'm waiting for the Int giveaways Keenum has been known to host for opposing teams. Hopefully they don't come this year.

Yeah they are still a shot for sure, I don't think he will be putrid at all, but if the OL continues to struggle with injury and can't give Hundley time I think he might struggle to put them over the top more often than not.

Bulaga and Bahktiari should be back soon though, so we'll see.

I'm waiting for the Int giveaways Keenum has been known to host for opposing teams. Hopefully they don't come this year.

I'm pretty sure the plan going forward is to get Bridgewater in, as the starter, following the bye (week 9). I don't think the record of the team at that point (6-2, 5-3, 4-4) will change the plan as the team will either want to evaluate Bridgewater in the context of a contract extension or to get the team in a better position to compete post season. Any poor performances by Keenum will only make that decision an easier one to make.

IMO any team in the NFC North that gets to 10-6 will win the Division, and I wouldn't be surprised if 9-7 was good enough.

I think packers D is what will cost them the north.
Rogers could've helped with the offence - defence play time keeping the ball in possession longer. Not the Hundley will be woeful but it will give opposition more chance to hurt them.

Lions are a chance but tend to fall over and Tate out/lack of long game could cost them some vital wins.

Vikings with the best chance atm but 10 weeks to go, lots of chance to bugger it up.

Bears own the North... Too bad it's the afc north

It really is great to see Teddy B back out on the practice field.
One of the best stories of the year, definitely the best for Vikings fans. I doubt he'll have to do much to win Comeback Player of the Year.......

Day 1 of Teddy's comeback and the hype starts....

Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater returned to practice Wednesday after a 14-month absence, and head coach Mike Zimmer sought to temper expectations.

But that wasn’t the case with Minnesota players. Several lauded how Bridgewater performed, including tight end Kyle Rudolph comparing him to hall of fame quarterback Joe Montana.

Bridgewater was back after having suffered a torn left ACL and dislocated knee in the final preseason practice on Aug. 30, 2016. During the 20 minutes of the session that were open to the media, Bridgewater threw a few short passes and did some general warm-up work.

“We still don’t know where it’s going to go, where that’s going to lead to,” Zimmer said before the practice. “But I think everybody feels good for him because they know what kind of kid he is and how hard he’s worked.

“He’s probably not going to play this week, so we need to put the brakes on things a little bit.”

The Vikings face Baltimore on Sunday at U.S. Bank Stadium, with the likely starting quarterback again being Case Keenum. Sam Bradford, who has missed four of the past five games with a knee injury, did not practice Wednesday and Zimmer would not speculate on his status.

Bridgewater was placed on the physically unable to perform list at the start of the season, and was able to practice Wednesday for the first time with six weeks having passed. The Vikings have three weeks to decide whether to restore Bridgewater to the 53-man roster or place him on injured reserve for the rest of the season.

Bridgewater was unavailable for comment after the practice, but is scheduled to speak with the media Thursday. Players said afterward that Bridgewater went through the workout without any apparent limitations.

“He was getting some reps with the first team,’’ said backup quarterback Kyle Sloter. “It looks like they’re trying to get him ready to play. Case is the guy right now, he’s been playing well… But I thought (Bridgewater) looked great.’’

Sloter hardly was alone in his praise.

“I thought he looked like Joe Montana,’’ said tight end Kyle Rudolph. “He was excited. He was smiling, bringing energy to practice.’’

Perhaps Rudolph was exaggerating, but he did make the Montana reference twice. Other players simply said the quarterback looked like the old Bridgewater.

“He’s the same old Teddy,’’ said wide receiver Adam Thielen. “It was fun to have him out there…. He was out there slinging it around.’’

Running back Jerick McKinnon admitted being surprised at how well Bridgewater performed after being out so long.

“He looked good,’’ McKinnon said. “Just to see him go through that whole stage, the process of rehabbing, working through the kinks, and to come out here the first day and just be him and do him is something remarkable to see.’’

Bridgewater wore a knee brace during the workout. Zimmer said the most important thing during practices will be how well Bridgewater can elude pass rushers.

“Protect himself,’’ Zimmer said. “Move out of the way, move away from the defender when he comes free.”

As for Wednesday, McKinnon said Bridgewater “moved good.’’ Sloter agreed.

“He looked like a normal person moving around out there,’’ Sloter said. “It didn’t look like there were any glaring issues, no limp or anything like that.’’

Thielen said Bridgewater’s comeback has been helped by remaining with the team, including attending all meetings since spring drills.

“The most impressive thing for me this whole time has been the way he’s reacted to being in all the meetings and seeing the film after practices and trying to coach us up,’’ Thielen said.

Thielen said Bridgewater critiques his route running, which he likes. Keenum says Bridgewater provides him with plenty of advice.

“I lean on him quite a bit,’’ Keenum said. “It’s little intricacies of the offense, maybe how to talk to a receiver, how to read a certain defense.’’

Now, what many want to know is when Bridgewater might challenge to take over his old starting job. That’s what Zimmer is trying to temper.

“The fans, the media and everybody is so excited about Teddy being back, but he’s still got a ways to go,” Zimmer said. “So, we need to just remember (it’s) still a work in progress. If and when the time comes, we’ll get him in there and we’ll go, but for right now it’s business as usual.”

You can tell the players and coaches love Bridgewater. He definitely has the right mindset when it comes to doing the right things, he rehabbed at the team facility so that he could keep close with everyone and he doesn't mind sharing his knowledge with others, including the QBs, to make the overall team better.

On behalf of the rest of the NFC East - thank you Case Queenum for rocking out the tunes and beating the Washington splorks.

Now, can you just take care of a couple more NFC teams for us??
on to the Rams.....

On another note it's the Rams that have the ability to shape the NFC (@ Minnesota, New Orleans, @ Arizona, Philadeplhia, and @ Seattle over the next 5 weeks). It's like a mini playoff schedule....

On paper it's all setup for what should be a win.

Their OL & DL at present are probably under-performing, I still like their DB's and they are still grinding out wins.

I will be very disappointed if we let their run game get going again after what it has looked like recently. (Abdullah's best game was against us earlier this season and one of only two times he has gotten close to 100yds)

Staff and Tate in particular always seem to find a way to get thing's done against us.

It's one of those match-ups where the stuff on paper really hasn't meant too much though.

I'll be surprised if it's not another close one.

Big game.

I'd also just like to give props to the OL aka The Minnesota Moving Company for playing better than I could have imagined coming off the last couple of seasons. Case's mobility definitely helps the case, but I'm liking it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back