2018 Rolling State of Origin Thread (performance based)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dav

Hotel? Trivago.
10k Posts Koala SFA State of Origin Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A. Pantskyle SFA Fight For MND SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Brisbane Dolphins Player - BFFCL BFFCL Club Captain Blue Mountain Bounders Player - BFFCL
Jul 23, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Brighton, McLaren F1
Round 1 Teams

Victoria

upload_2018-4-7_0-28-24.png
Ins: None
Outs: None

Coach: Leon Cameron
Captain: Joel Selwood

Western Australia
upload_2018-4-7_0-51-19.png

Coach: Don Pyke
Captain: Alex Rance

South Australia
upload_2018-4-7_1-45-2.png

Coach: Stuart Dew
Captain: Shannon Hurn

Allies
upload_2018-4-7_2-10-59.png

Coach: John Longmire
Captain: Steven May & Dayne Beams

No Dangerfield or Dustin Martin in the Vic side. OK.

I was going to be a smartass and say Danger is from SA (which is true) but he’s not in that side either.

These sides have been done on this season’s performances, not reputation and past form. That said, Dusty is still in the best handful of players so far in 2018 and Danger was huge against Hawthorn.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was going to be a smartass and say Danger is from SA (which is true) but he’s not in that side either.

These sides have been done on this season’s performances, not reputation and past form. That said, Dusty is still in the best handful of players so far in 2018 and Danger was huge against Hawthorn.

Apart form his time at the Crows what's the SA link to Dangerfield? Looking at his wiki page can only see links to Vic. Born in Vic, went to school in Vic, played for Geelong Falcons.

Round 2 Teams

Victoria
upload_2018-4-7_2-52-0.png

Ins: Jarryn Geary, Dustin Martin, Jarrad Waite, Tom J.Lynch, Todd Goldstein, Josh Kelly, Clayton Oliver, Ed Curnow
Outs: Heath Shaw, Seb Ross, Matt Crouch, Luke Parker, Stefan Martin, Aaron Young, Toby Greene, Jack Watts

Western Australia
upload_2018-4-7_3-11-59.png

Ins: Callum Sinclair, Scott Lycett, Tim Kelly, Nat Fyfe, Jesse Hogan, Nathan Wilson
Outs: Nic Naitanui, Aaron Sandilands, Jaeger O'Meara, Mitch Duncan, Cale Hooker, Kamdyn McIntosh

NOTE: Error made, Callum Sinclair is not from WA; Scott Lycett to be elevated to ruckman, Nic Naitanui into the side at Sinclair's expense

NOTE: Error made, Scott Lycett is not from WA either (I completely ****ed this one up), move Nic Naitanui to starting ruckman and Aaron Sandilands to the bench.

South Australia
upload_2018-4-7_3-32-9.png

Ins: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, James Aish
Outs: Shaun Burgoyne, Jordan Murdoch

Allies
upload_2018-4-7_3-45-57.png

Ins: Jeremy Howe, Matt Suckling, Dom Barry, Dayne Zorko
Outs: Callum Mills, Mitch Robinson, Jack Bowes, Luke Breust

Last edited:
No Dangerfield or Dustin Martin in the Vic side. OK.

That was the Round 1 team and this team is based off performances this season. Therefore, no Dangerfield for Round 1 and probably not for a couple of rounds until the game he missed doesn't mean much. Dusty was outperformed by a few in Round 1 but comfortably made the Round 2 team.

Apart form his time at the Crows what's the SA link to Dangerfield? Looking at his wiki page can only see links to Vic. Born in Vic, went to school in Vic, played for Geelong Falcons.

Yeah no, Patrick Dangerfield is 100% Victorian unfortunately.

I like the bit where Jarryn Geary is captain

He's the only member of that Victorian team who is a captain, so yeah.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Callum Sinclair make the West Australian team when he is Victorian?

That's my bad, I didn't read any further into his draft history. Saw he has drafted from the WAFL but I can see he played his youth career in Victoria. Will fix that up, cheers mate.

Round 2 Teams

Victoria
View attachment 479925

Ins: Jarryn Geary, Dustin Martin, Jarrad Waite, Tom J.Lynch, Todd Goldstein, Josh Kelly, Clayton Oliver, Ed Curnow
Outs: Heath Shaw, Seb Ross, Matt Crouch, Luke Parker, Stefan Martin, Aaron Young, Toby Greene, Jack Watts

Western Australia
View attachment 479932

Ins: Callum Sinclair, Scott Lycett, Tim Kelly, Nat Fyfe, Jesse Hogan, Nathan Wilson
Outs: Nic Naitanui, Aaron Sandilands, Jaeger O'Meara, Mitch Duncan, Cale Hooker, Kamdyn McIntosh

NOTE: Error made, Callum Sinclair is not from WA; Scott Lycett to be elevated to ruckman, Nic Naitanui into the side at Sinclair's expense

South Australia
View attachment 479936

Ins: Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, James Aish
Outs: Shaun Burgoyne, Jordan Murdoch

Ins: Jeremy Howe, Matt Suckling, Dom Barry, Dayne Zorko
Outs: Callum Mills, Mitch Robinson, Jack Bowes, Luke Breust
NFI
No Ben Brown for the allies?

NFI
No Ben Brown for the allies?

It's a rolling team rather than a week by week team so his Round 1 performance will have hurt him. But he's probably gonna make the side next week if he kicks 2 or more goals. The point of the team is that it takes a couple of weeks of good performances to get in and rewards consistency.

This thread should be called team of the week from each state surely?

Just the eight changes in the Vic side....

This thread should be called team of the week from each state surely?

Just the eight changes in the Vic side....

Biggest talent pool and it's Round 2, gonna be a lot of changes. As the season goes on, the side should stabilise.

And it's not Team of the Week, it's a rolling Team of the Season.

Luke Bruest on the bench.... behind Motlopp, Heeney, Parfitt. Must be one of the most underrated players.

Last edited:

upload_2018-4-7_16-56-35.png

Round 1 Teams

Victoria

View attachment 479886

Coach: Leon Cameron
Captain: Joel Selwood

Western Australia
View attachment 479895

Coach: Don Pyke
Captain: Alex Rance

South Australia
View attachment 479913

Coach: Stuart Dew
Captain: Shannon Hurn

Coach: John Longmire
Captain: Steven May & Dayne Beams

Dayne Beams born in Vic, also no Dusty, Martin or Pendles in the Vic side? No Cyril in the WA side? That Vic side is far far from what it should be

Dayne Beams born in Vic, also no Dusty, Martin or Pendles in the Vic side? No Cyril in the WA side? That Vic side is far far from what it should be

Beams was born in Victoria but played football from ages 13 to 17 in Queensland, which is where State of Origin eligibility comes from. Cyril Rioli hasn't played overly well and is from the NT anyway. And like I've said multiple times, it's a rolling team of the season based on performance only so of course it's not gonna be 100% yet, it's gonna be heavily skewed towards players who did well in the first two weeks funnily enough.

I know right! There are so so many better players left out of that Vic side it's not funny - and Cyril not in the WA side?! What the.......

Can't stress this enough - based purely on performance. Someone like Ed Curnow will more than likely not be in the squad later on but his start to the season warrants his inclusion. Also I have no idea why multiple people think Cyril would play for Western Australia when he was born and raised in the Territory, played footy from 14 to 18 for Scotch College, and as far as I know never played for a WA side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back