Autopsy Rd 7 Big loss but some promising signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Kennedy was fine. Just needs a full season playing as an inside mid, rather than a high half-forward who pinch-hits in the middle. He's already strongly built, but will go to another level as he adds strength and gets some continuity in his play.

Love watching Zac Fisher play too. He's one of the few in our lineup who's hard to read, and harder to defend - if you overcommit, he sidesteps you but if you give him time and space he's got the vision and poise to bring it back through the middle. He's going to be a monster as our young inside mids develop - and he's no slouch at winning clearances himself either.

We looked clinical at times last night.
I truly believe Fisher could get his game to the level of Zac Merrett.

wish I could see it

latest

Many of his efforts still annoy the * out of me. But I'll give him credit for improving his work rate and intensity as the game progressed.

We really can't afford any non-physical passengers given the state of our list right now.

players that are chosen to represent my club won't be ridiculed or insulted by me - I've been down that road and felt like s**t about it - if they ain't good enough for me I'll say so but only after all sign of hope is gone - type your post pretending you are about to say those words to the players face
Spot on again. What brand of coffee are you drinking?

Many of his efforts still annoy the **** out of me. But I'll give him credit for improving his work rate and intensity as the game progressed.

We really can't afford any non-physical passengers given the state of our list right now.
you can't be worried about being hit out there - on saying that, I reckon every player who takes the field has immense courage just doing that

you can't be worried about being hit out there - on saying that, I reckon every player who takes the field has immense courage just doing that

Absolutely, I ain't getting in the way of a 100kg key forward any time soon, hell no. So I don't expect our smaller blokes to do that (Simpson is just a freak).

But it's completely fair to expect 100% commitment at contested ground balls.

How does everyone feel about Daisy. He has had a really solid year so far, not to mention his off field impact for the younger guys. Closing in on 250 games. I recon he has another couple of years in him.
I would really struggle and so would he should he be part of our best 22 next year - would love to see him take a lead in the development of the NBs

Nah, he looked close to getting his game right tonight.

It is so so refreshing to hear someone get it. We are building indeed. My head hurts every time a football person says re-building.

and his first he has looked like he was not sore. I think some of us forget he really is moving playing position from half forward at Giants to trying out in new midfield with guys he never played before. He is also from same draft year as Weitering, Jack Silvagni, Cuningham, McKay and Charlie Curnow. Most of them are far from finished product and still learning how to play against men in the late 20's and early 30's. As frustrating as it is to hear and do, patience is what we need as supporters right now. Lots of it as it is not all just going to click into place with our team in 5 minutes time. It sucks knowing patience is actually the reality of what we need to be as a supporter right now.
used to think you were a blusterous clown - hate being that wrong - respect

If The Navy Blues are gonna Man-Up and be awesome ... they need to at least look the part - those outfits are the worst I've ever seen on a Footballer.
Who comes up with that garbage? They looked ridiculous. If you were invited to a Pajama Party - that's what you'd wear ... shocker!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If The Navy Blues are gonna Man-Up and be awesome ... they need to at least look the part - those outfits are the worst I've ever seen on a Footballer.
Who comes up with that garbage? They looked ridiculous.
yep - worst ever outside the candy-arse livestrong ensemble

Haven’t read this thread yet, but I’d like to know who played on Mitch McGovern?

Couldn’t watch last night.

If we playing zone defence someone probably guarding a certain space and when McGovern launches in his area tries to stop him but to be honest, McGov Mark Two was on fire last night. Clunking everything and timing his launches beautifully. He is up there with McGovern , his brother , Ben Brown and Levi as best contested marks in the league. Seemed to be Jones was in a lot of those times he come over the top and take an elite grab.

Who comes up with that garbage? They looked ridiculous. If you were invited to a Pajama Party - that's what you'd wear ... shocker!

Prefer it over the white strip tbh.

That was NOT the game to waste a bottle of ST Henri's on. Sorry, should only be drunk after a win.
strange drop that one - never really carried the mythology of some others in the penfolds' suite - 389, 707, grange etc

I'm really hoping for a Wilson or Findlayson in SOS's plans. Bold, strong, long kicks from the back half just change the game. O'Brien has potential but frankly I don't see him as being able to defend all that well.

Findlayson is a freak.
Jimmae & I have been banging on about wanting SOS to lever Finlayson out of GWS for a couple of years now. Is way better than Tomlinson and was always going to be so. Really surprised it's taken others so long to cotton on. It would cost us too much to extract him now and given that he's a local product he'd probably be reluctant to move.

I know not many here are going to like this very much but Doc has also had his disposal accuracy problems in the past.

Yes we miss him terribly but that remains a fact.

Sorry.
not sure an apology will quite cut it......

I hope i am wrong and i know he has been injured, but i just cant see the value in Kennedy....His slow, cant take a contested mark and makes poor decisions.....reminds me of Smedts....
I can't even......

Jimmae & I have been banging on about wanting SOS to lever Finlayson out of GWS for a couple of years now. Is way better than Tomlinson and was always going to be so. Really surprised it's taken others so long to cotton on. It would cost us too much to extract him now and given that he's a local product he'd probably be reluctant to move.
I'd say Finlayson's kicking isn't as good as Tomlinson's, but otherwise, sure.

Took me a while to come around given that, but he's made massive improvements in the consistency of his action.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back