Ryder out for a rest = Dixon to ruck and hopefully finds form
Marshall out = Watts in
Jasper out = DBJ in

Two fairly obvious changes:
Pittard (inj) > DBJ
Hombsch > Jonas (if fit)

Plus the big one to fix our forward structure:
S Gray > Watts

The third move will be unpopular because Sammy's had a pretty good year but we need to see Dixon, Watts and Marshall in the same team again now before it gets too close to finals and its really only either Boak or Gray who could drop out for Watts and we wont be dropping our captain.

Thomas has somewhat taken over Sam Gray's role as the emergency one forward out target and doing perhaps a better job at it.

I think Gray is definitely a first 22 player for us but in terms of input, there really isn't anthing separating him and Marshall. Also Marshall's game was starting to turn but he had some goalkicking woes which was holding it back. I'm hoping Todd kicking a goal in front of our home crowd would elevate him further.

Structurally I think it makes a lot of sense to bring in Watts for Sam Gray this week.

To be honest I didn't see much of the game, turned on the tv at end of third quarter, and I was nervous in doing so, why Ports why! So what was the overall game vibe, just hard to show up for the bottom team??, they played well?? please fill me in.

Personally we don't seem to be able to kill teams but seem to like it tight and close and win the struggle, maybe that's just us? not the 2014 model....

Watts and Marshall should both play, both have great decision making abilities. Maybe like I keep thinking they have a rest/rotation thing going on, Watts is playing a mote demanding role for us in terms of running so maybe he's just being rested? Thoughts?

Unfortunately
Out 2 of Trengove Hombsch OR Clurey
In DBJ Jonas
I named Trengove in the best today so that can be regarded as pretty stiff.
If Watts has a good game tomorrow he will possibly replace Marshall but I reckon Marshall will get another shot at it.

I personally wouldn't drop Marshall yet. I know it shouldn't matter but it could destroy him emotionally. Unless the coaches think it would be good for him to spend sometime in the seconds.
I think he needs to just play footy and go hard at the ball with as little stress as possible. He’s not involved enough at the moment. Another good game by Watts tomorrow will make it hard for Ken to justify Marshall’s selection ahead of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jonas and DBJ come in for Pittard and Hombsch.
Where does JT play?

Pittard came off because he felt his hamstrings getting tight. He's not injured, he just didn't want to do a hammy.

Jonas for Hombsch

Byrne Jones for Sam Gray - Trengove into Gray's spot.

Watts for Marshall - it's either Marshall or Thomas at the moment.

Can't play a backline of Hombsch, Clurey, Jonas, Trengove, Howard in my opinion. Way too little rebounding run and Bonner is struggling enough as it is at the moment without having the responsibility to provide all of the attacking moves off our half back line. Really hope Pittard's injury is just a corkie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back