Player Watch #31: Bayley ‘Slick’ Fritsch

Remove this Banner Ad

He played well but he did **** all last week lol.

Definitely a consistent contributor and an upgrade on Watts, though. Happy to call that a big win 2/3 of the way into his first season, which is an indictment on Jack.

Definitely a consistent contributor and an upgrade on Watts, though. Happy to call that a big win 2/3 of the way into his first season, which is an indictment on Jack.

Fritsch is everything watts was supposed to be already. Jack Watts is playing reserves, he should feel embarrassed by his football career

Except we did go to the draft to get him

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What I meant was you don't need to just look to recruit from the under 18s there's still some great talent out there in the vfl sanfl wafl ect, which is more common since expansion. We did some good trading to get weideman because there wasn't many good forwards coming through the under 18s. Yet we end up getting this vfl player who's so reliable with his hands a few years later.

What I meant was you don't need to just look to recruit from the under 18s there's still some great talent out there in the vfl sanfl wafl ect, which is more common since expansion. We did some good trading to get weideman because there wasn't many good forwards coming through the under 18s. Yet we end up getting this vfl player who's so reliable with his hands a few years later.

Terrible drafting though. Weid is so s**t compared to Curnow. Gee that burns

Terrible drafting though. Weid is so s**t compared to Curnow. Gee that burns
That's the risk using high picks on forwards from under 18s. It's a big investment they take a while to develop, if they're no good you've wasted a lot of years. I know midfielders are dime a dozen but you know a lot quicker if they're no good. Curnow aside we could have kept that pick for 2016 and got a powell pepper instead.

That's the risk using high picks on forwards from under 18s. It's a big investment they take a while to develop, if they're no good you've wasted a lot of years. I know midfielders are dime a dozen but you know a lot quicker if they're no good. Curnow aside we could have kept that pick for 2016 and got a powell pepper instead.
He didn't even play U18s because of his injury. As others have said, Weideman doesn't look out of place - his tackling and leading patterns are good. Its just actually clunking them and kicking them that he struggles with, which is a concern given he takes the third defender.

in a team with a decent forward structure, where team mates work to create space for each other, Weideman would be able do better I reckon. I wouldn't be surprised if other teams are interested in him come trade time, willing to take a risk and back themselves in to get the best out of him. maybe like the Hawks or North as maybe a replacement for Waite. I doubt we'd want to let him go cheaply yet though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he came good after an average second season then.

Weid is in his 3rd season mate.

Hawkins averaged 5 marks and 1.3 goals a game in his second season

Fun fact, he kicked 25 goals in his first 2 season. 9 of them were against us with a bag of 4 and bag of 5.

Weideman has played five games this season as either the second or third tall, and kicked two goals. He has eight career goals, and two of them came on debut against the Hawks.

I'd rather just talk about how smoOoOOooth Fritsch is, rather than bashing the Wiedman

He only needs 10 possessions or so to hurt the opposition, bloody hell, how good is it to watch him play?

He's just so crisp overhead and doesn't mind a tackle for someone his size, should have kicked 5 as he missed a sitter of a set shot which he normally nails

Looked good on the wing about a month back too

Who was the last key forward who was complete dog s**t 3 seasons in and turned out to be good? He will be gone off the list soon.
Tom Lynch (Adelaide version) was delisted by St Kilda at the end of his 3rd season

Josh Kennedy had played 29 games for 18 goals at the end of his 3rd season

Last pick on Weed's instagram from last week is him dressed up as a Native American and drinking a Carlton Draught. There's so much wrong with that I don't even know where to start.

Having comprehensively stalked him on social media i can say with 100% confidence he's an alcoholic- and a tasteless one at that.

Delist.

(PS: FRITSCH!)

Who was the last key forward who was complete dog s**t 3 seasons in and turned out to be good? He will be gone off the list soon.

Kepler Bradley. That's why Jake Melksham is s**t.

Tom Lynch (Adelaide version) was delisted by St Kilda at the end of his 3rd season

Josh Kennedy had played 29 games for 18 goals at the end of his 3rd season
Lynch isn't a key forward, I'll give ya Josh Kennedy but that's more exception than rule. Key forwards just like anyone should be showing more than weid 3 seasons in.

Tom Lynch wasn't delisted he was traded because he wasn't getting a game under ross lyon. Saints wanted to keep him but he had enough. Anyway weids needs to start clunking them like our man Fritsch.

Lynch isn't a key forward, I'll give ya Josh Kennedy but that's more exception than rule. Key forwards just like anyone should be showing more than weid 3 seasons in.
Lynch was drafted as a KPF, in fact there is 2cm difference in height between them.

I agree these are the exceptions but maybe Weid is an exception too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back