RICHMOND V GEELONG CATS, AFL Rd 20, 2018 - 3/8 19:50 AEST - Squiggle says Richmond 73%

Remove this Banner Ad

one team are the reigning premiers

and it is spelled Richmond
And it was spelt Bulldogs the year before.

Tigers came good near the end of last season, and this is their first season of actually looking like the top team in the league. Claims on greatness are really premature. There is a best team in the league every year. No reason to label them all as greats.

Then maybe Hawking’s should add some more strings to his bow and be able to play more consistently like Reiwoldt
Both players are having excellent years. Hawkins has improved his adaptability over the ground but doesnt cover the ground as far and wide as Reiwoldt.

Would this be Jacks best season at Richmond?

Triggered.

Fact is in 20 years time no one will rate this Richmond team bar Richmond fans. Better than Adelaide's back to back, and better than the Bulldogs 2016, but this team is still one of the least dominant and inspiring Premiership teams of the last 20 years.

The fact you can't even win interstate proves this.

I think it's you who is triggered.

I'm not sure what you expect, from his playing days all the way up to now Chris Scott has always been an entitled flog. He was just having his usual whinge, like he does whenever things don't go his way

Hawthorn were minor premiers only once of the 4 flags they won from 2008 - 2015, Geelong only once for their 3 flags and the swans not once. How could these teams be so dominant when they only finished on top once in these so called dominant seasons?

Um because they won multiple flags? Look at port in the early 0s. I wouldn't call them dominant and they finished on top a couple of times but choked on the big stage.

Next you'll be saying Brisbane 01-03 weren't dominant.

No Richmond's game plan was. I think they copied it from Auskick.
Whatever it is, it bloody well works better than the rest of the comp. Their game plan makes up for quite a few of their players being really averaged skilled.

Both players are having excellent years. Hawkins has improved his adaptability over the ground but doesnt cover the ground as far and wide as Reiwoldt.

It’s up there, last year was a really unselfish year and still managed to kick goals when needed, this season seems his leadership onfield has grown and he’s taking more pack marks like he used too.

I think it’s the little knock ons to advantage and blocking that has made him more team focused this season. He seems happy to draw players and let our quicks get the footy over the back

You've got to do it first.

And Geelong and Sydney have sustained excellence for over a decade.
Sydney have 2 flags in 13 years, cats haven’t saluted in 7 years. Who cares about making finals and being bundled out, that’s not excellence. It’s all about premierships. We win this year we equal what the swans have done and 1 behind what the cats have achieved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 teams have won 7 of the last 11 Premierships.

Hawthorn and Geelong.

3 teams have won 10 of the last 17 Premierships.

Brisbane, Hawthorn and Geelong.

4 teams have won 12 of the last 17 Premierships.

Brisbane, Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney.

Not one of those teams is spelled Richmond.
And one team is reigning premiers.

Um because they won multiple flags? Look at port in the early 0s. I wouldn't call them dominant and they finished on top a couple of times but choked on the big stage.

Next you'll be saying Brisbane 01-03 weren't dominant.
So by your rationale if we win the flag this year and be the only side along with Brisbane and hawthorn to win back2back since 2000 we will be dominant, right?

Whatever it is, it bloody well works better than the rest of the comp. Their game plan makes up for quite a few of their players being really averaged skilled.

This isn’t having a go mate just curious as how opposition supporters see the whole “average skills” thing?
I’ve noticed this year as a Richmond supporter that our disposal efficiency across the team has very nearly been around 70% each week which champion data class as elite.

Is it the kicks/handballs to space that gives this perception?

Champion Data said in an article a little while ago that they now judge a disposals effectiveness based on the next player to touch it and not if the ball is marked or the next possession is taken cleanly.

I’m just curious as I look at our players and see plenty of great kicks in the side that always seem to get the footy to advantage of a teammate.

I don’t think so. Jack has been one of the most consistent player of the last decade. Can’t remember the last bad game he played. One premiership and all the experts start raving

Your getting him confused with the flagless FIGJAM

Yeah, nah.

He talked a big game before the ball was bounced. When the game was up for grabs his players failed to seize upon key opportunities and as a result lost. He then proceeded to attempt to talk down the opposition in his presser because he was teary.

There's actually only one other coach in the league that'd do the same and it's his brother Brad. Must be genetic.

Richmond are good.. but they are no where near ‘untouchable’ or ‘certainties’. Not by a long shot.

They’re a decent footy team thats hit its peak where there aren’t a whole heap of other great teams going around... very even comp.

They aren’t fit to shine the likes of Recent (2008-2015) #1 teams (such as the Hawks, cats and swans) shoes.

Wouldn’t make top 4 in 2014.
in your uneducated, uninformed, biased opinion

Hahaha clearly a passive aggressive post. So salty.

Just trying to point out like others on here that Richmond really aren’t as good in the big picture as their supporters think. But that can be difficult when dealing with people who let there highs get like they are now where is clear they literally are in love with players on there team but also let there lows get to the point where they are happy to spit on their own team and coaches Image1533338528.940536.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back