Crouching Tiger

Remove this Banner Ad

Bigfooty sometimes underestimates the influence it has on the rumormongers. During trade period I think you could link about 50-60% rumors back to bullshit on here.
We know most media morons read it.

He isnt going anywhere, nor would we let him.

We just hired the guy who's been helping him with his rehab.

At his best he is exactly what we need. His value shown in the 2 finals at Adelaide Oval last year.

He's 25 next season and has played 60 games in 6 seasons, including 0 this year.

If we can get pick 16 and Stengle (if we're interested), I'd pass him on.
Your first sentence hits the nail on the head. His value to us is in all likelihood far greater than what teams will be willing to pay.

What did Hawthorn pay for JOM ??

Basically says Crows haven't heard anything from Brad, but wouldn't trade him anyway.
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/spor...t/news-story/5515ac93a3b387c24f8870d888295d45
ACE Adelaide midfielder Brad Crouch has been linked with a move to Richmond.
But it is understood the Crows have no intention of entertaining any offers for their midfield ball magnet, who did not play an AFL game this year because of the chronic groin condition osteitis pubis.
While Adelaide on Monday stuck to its policy of not commenting on list management speculation, it is believed it has no knowledge of any move from the Tigers and considers 24-year-old Crouch to be a key part of its future, despite his horror run with injuries.
Crouch has played just 61 games for the Crows since being selected by the club as a 17-year-old access player following a trade with GWS in 2011.
He has two years remaining on a four-year contract he signed with Adelaide late in the 2016 season that ties him to the club until the end of 2020.
That deal was reportedly for $2.2 million over four years.
Reports from Melbourne suggest Richmond, which is almost certain to land star Gold Coast key forward Tom Lynch as a free agent, is eyeing Crouch to beef-up its on-ball brigade after the shock preliminary final loss to Collingwood.
Crouch has been training privately with some of his Crows teammates since the club’s season ended last month.
Born at Beaufort in country Victoria and a product of the North Ballarat under-18s, Crouch
said he considered returning to Victoria before he signed his last contract because of his bad injury run and the death of former Crows coach Phil Walsh.
“When things weren’t going so well (with injury) and obviously the death of Phil there were some things that have been very hard to deal with,’’ he said at the time.
“So there’s definitely been times when I have thought I might be better off back home in Victoria.
“Mum and dad are at home in Ballarat so when things weren’t going so well for me here I thought maybe a change of club could be good but I never really got serious with that.
“We (the Crows) are a really strong club, I’ve got good friendships here, a bond with the playing group and coaches and think there is something special we can achieve.’’
Runner-up for the AFL Rising Star award in 2013, Crouch’s younger brother Matt also is at Adelaide, winning the best and fairest award in 2017 when the Crows lost the grand final to the Tigers.
The grand final was Brad Crouch’s last game for the club.

With all the bullshit that's happened with the camp and apparent culuture issues and players wanting out, now's the time for Crouch to come out and say its a load of shit.

Yep, he needs to do what Luke Parker or Dayne Beams did when this rubbish crops up

He isnt going anywhere, nor would we let him.

We just hired the guy who's been helping him with his rehab.

We’ve committed to challenging for a premiership over the next 2-3 years. Brad is key to this, if we can get a midfield of Crouch x2, Sloane, Gibbs and Greenwood fit and firing, were going to be very tough to beat.

We lose Brad and suddenly the acquisition of Gibbs has simply just covered the loss of Brad. We drafted Gibbs to sure up our midfield.

If we’d lost Sloane and Lynch, and Betts had retired as was threatened, we likely would have been up for a mini rebuild in which I would have entertained losing Crouch for the right deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously Bigman, you're calling for change now. It's too late mate. This should have been looked at least 5 years ago. The horse has well and truly bolted now.

Not talking about you but some supporters really have no feel for this game. Apparently, replacing gun players in their prime with untried 18 year olds is a solid strategy and the way to win a premiership.
You are talking about a player who can barely keep on the park? If that’s his prime perhaps it’s the right time to trade?

Last edited:
All media at this time of year just randomly make up sh*t to get click bait and callers. It's xtremely irritating, and correct about 10% of the time

We had inside word 2 months ago that Brad was seething at injury management and was considering options. This rumour is not a surprise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back