Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It almost looks as if he hasn’t been injured at all in the last 12 months. Incredible.

He looks to have come back a better player.

He's heavier but doesnt look to have lost any agility or spring.

His goal kicking is like he's a different bloke - he's added significant distance to his set shot.

Part of me wonders whether we'll hear one day that he got to a bad place and ended up taking a leave of absence as much as anything else. Basically had the clubs blessing to work on his game.

Even in JLT he looked great.

I dont know how he is doing this on the back of a supposedly interrupted pre-season.

The only sign he's been out were a few time his legs were shot and he couldnt go with Moore on the rebound.

Anyone who thinks we are better off without Daniher has lost the plot.

Really good Full Forwards don't grow on tree's and they take a lot of time to develop.

Really good Full Forwards with X Factor are incredibly bloody rare. Fun fact, we have one!

Was thinking of updating the thread title, lots of bumped player threads with no context atm :think:

For inspiration, we have this rather interesting turn of phrase from the Essendon journo;

Essendon booted three in a row to finish the term, with star forward Joe Daniher roosting a mammoth drop punt from well outside 50 to drag the side back within 15 points at the main change.
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-25/brave-dons-back-themselves

Anyone know what the actual distance of that kick was?

65 seems to be generally quoted, Seven going with a bit of a stretcher saying 70.
I'm biased so I say we go the longest one the media quote :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coming back from a season out with OP in this sort of form is extraordinary,

I, along with most others, didn't see how well he's playing coming at all.

I'm loving it.

did you notice the angle the ball came in from on that goal?

theres no way they could have touched it, it crossed the goal line at its highest point....

nearly dropped vertical over the line

Untitled.jpg

most guys from that range hit a lower flatter kick looking for raking distance, easier to touch thru

After comparing the footage with the highest quality image of the MCG with an AFL configuration that I could find on Google Earth it measured at 68 meters.

View attachment 662349

I took the liberty of adding the umpires data, I think youll be unsuprised with the resulting trend

1556257692971.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back