Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If nothing else, the distance thing is potentially really good evidence of his fitness.
I distinctly remember in his “why are we playing him?” days early last year he had a few shots from 50m that either didn’t make it or were touched on the line. It was one of the big giveaways that he wasn’t 100%.

If nothing else, the distance thing is potentially really good evidence of his fitness.
I distinctly remember in his “why are we playing him?” days early last year he had a few shots from 50m that either didn’t make it or were touched on the line. It was one of the big giveaways that he wasn’t 100%.
Game time
60m drop punts
rucked

North game should have added match fitness

Stay fit now Joey.

So do we think he was always playing?

Or legit late call up? Part of me thinks it was all to fox norf and lessen comeback pressure
Woosh said Clarke called the club on the morning of the game still in pain and they found a calf bleed. I'm no doctor, but that sounds convincing and if you look at the photo above Raz is still clearly upset by the whole issue. The evidence speaks for itself.

Or legit late call up? Part of me thinks it was all to fox norf and lessen comeback pressure
A few of the boys who were interviewed after the game said they were surprised to see Joey turn up on Friday to play. I guess you could take that with a grain of salt, but my read on it all is that he wasn't expecting to play.

If it was a fake-out then JD is a pretty good actor as he was quite convincing with his "I turned up for VFL training and got the call" story immediately after the game.
Not that you can't be coached in sort of thing but it did come across as legit

Woosh said Clarke called the club on the morning of the game still in pain and they found a calf bleed. I'm no doctor, but that sounds convincing
Clarke reportedly didn't train, JD should've at least been named an emergency. Dirty trick TFC.
and if you look at the photo above Raz is still clearly upset by the whole issue. The evidence speaks for itself.
WTF did he just tell them, I'll miss you blokes in Adelaide?!

Trained with the main group yesterday, pulled up well from the last match. So if there was any doubt, he'll be available for Anzac Day and Clarke won't.

Joe Daniher took Clarke’s place in the line-up last week for his first senior game since round seven last year, and Crow said the star forward’s recovery from the breakthrough match has been successful.

“Joe came out of the game well, he trained yesterday with the main group and looked quite good, so we’re really comfortable with how Joe’s pulled up from the last match.”
https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2019-04-23/zacka-ticking-the-boxes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It almost looks as if he hasn’t been injured at all in the last 12 months. Incredible.

So good to see him back.

Few rusty kicks in play and a lack of match fitness is evident but even at about 75% fitness he's probably the most dangerous player out there.

He's such a gun.

For all the talk of Grundy (fair enough too, he is a genuine gun) Joe's numbers are exceptional, especially for a guy 2 games back from a year off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back