Round 7 Discussion (dedicated to Andrew Birch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interesting, I'm ranked 5,574 and have a total score 15,275
So 132 points between 3,500 ranks isn't too bad.

I'm ranked 9183.

82 points separates the 3500 ranks between us. That's literally just the difference of me fielding Drew instead of of Balta in round 1.

BFLONELYKENTSCLUB 74!!!
Good effort guys - keep charging
Note: this is just a random 18 BF posters, natural selection, not based on previous ranks etc

Can we get a list of which posters are who in it?
I'm The Dish Liquors...

Somehow scored 2,101 and went up slightly (1,808 overall). Expected a free fall considering I had Clark on field, Worpel, my hack midfielders Crouch x2, Oliver, Libba, Coniglio underperforming again + fielded Ross over Stack.

Oh well, I’ll take it. Now to trade some of these useless campaigners out.

lol look at that rank.

Pretty embarrassing losing to me.

Sorry Keg on legs

Not sorry Gresh_Magic

View attachment 668262
source.gif

I haven't even cracked 2200 yet :'(

1557061178268.png

I'm captain of the Titanic this season.

8o7uPoZ.jpg

Last edited:
Got Cameron instead because of their easy draw, decided I needed to make left field picks to try to jump rankings. Kinda-ish worked? Yay?
Ok, nice.
Depends on rookies named and downgrades you require I think you should get Telly this week if you can. Still cheap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big winners at the moment are the players who have ROB at R2. Whether they traded out Gawn or one of the others to do it, it's looking like a winning move. Frustrating having a premo score sitting on the bench.

I bet some of those teams who downgraded Gawn > ROB 3weeks ago used the cash to upgrade 2 rookies (who weren't even close to mooing yet) or under-performing mid-price defs BSmith or ZWilliams (just before their scoring spree) to over-priced must have Whitfield who was going to average 130 all year!! (just before his 80, 43 & 0) & Marshall who was still only 410k (just before his 50 & 0) :rainbow:

The winning move will be having top5, 120ppg averaging Gawn at R2 AND the 94 averaging rookie cash cow ruck on the bench making sweet $$$ and using that cash to upgrade him to a def, mid or fwd premo (depending on your DPP's) when the time is right whilst having Gawn and an extra 2-3 trades on the Gawnless panic merchants. :)

I bet some of those teams who downgraded Gawn > ROB 3weeks ago used the cash to upgrade 2 rookies (who weren't even close to mooing yet) or under-performing mid-price defs BSmith or ZWilliams (just before their scoring spree) to over-priced must have Whitfield who was going to average 130 all year!! (just before his 80, 43 & 0) & Marshall who was still only 410k (just before his 50 & 0) :rainbow:

The winning move will be having top5, 120ppg averaging Gawn at R2 AND the 94 averaging rookie cash cow ruck on the bench making sweet $$$ and using that cash to upgrade him to a def, mid or fwd premo (depending on your DPP's) when the time is right whilst having Gawn and an extra 2-3 trades on the Gawnless panic merchants. :)
Would love to know how many people traded out Gawn for him. surely, though, you have to agree, that anyone who didn't have both Gawn and Grundy, and traded out one of the others and put ROB on the ground, are significantly in front.

Would love to know how many people traded out Gawn for him. surely, though, you have to agree, that anyone who didn't have both Gawn and Grundy, and traded out one of the others and put ROB on the ground, are significantly in front.

I highly doubt that. Trading in/out any of those players I used as examples (rookies with low b/e's or BSmith/ZWilliams > Whitfield/Marshall) would have off-set any advantage they had whilst being 3 trades down and eventually 4+ trades down when they sell the farm to Roughy manoeuvre Gawn back in.

I'd love to see a list of trades all the people who did Gawn > ROB 3 weeks ago and compare their scores to what they would have scored had they not burnt those 3 trades. (Gawn>ROB + 2-3 upgrades/sideways trades)

Last edited:
I highly doubt that. Trading in/out any of those players I used as examples (rookies with low b/e's/BSmith/ZW > Whitfield/Marshall) would have off-set any advantage they had whilst being 2 trades down and eventually 3-4 trades down when they sell the farm to Roughy manoeuvre Gawn back in.

I'd love to see a list of trades all the people who did Gawn > ROB 3 weeks ago and compare their scores to what they would have scored had they not burnt those 3 trades. (Gawn>ROB + 2-3 upgrades/sideways trades)
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Not sure how you don't see an advantage in sideways trading a Goldstein to another premo to get ROB on the field. Their averages are nearly the same. It's a massive help if you have Bines as the swing so you only need one trade to do it. If I didn't have Gawndy I would have done it in a heartbeat.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Not sure how you don't see an advantage in sideways trading a Goldstein to another premo to get ROB on the field. Their averages are nearly the same. It's a massive help if you have Bines as the swing so you only need one trade to do it. If I didn't have Gawndy I would have done it in a heartbeat.

I didn't say anything about Goldy > ROB nor did I argue against that. Why are you moving the goal posts?

You also included Gawn > ROB as a winning move in your post which IMO is just wrong and I explained why I thought it was wrong.
3 rounds.JPG

Not sure what that has to do with my post? I didn't suggest trading Gawn. I said if I didn't have Gawndy I would have traded to get ROB on the field. It's simple maths. He's scoring close to a premo and is on the bench. If Bines was on the Fwd bench, if I had Goldstein, I could trade him out, bring in a premo on another line (Fyfe for example) and put ROB on the field. It's about maximising points as much as cash generation.

Big winners at the moment are the players who have ROB at R2. Whether they traded out Gawn or one of the others to do it, it's looking like a winning move. Frustrating having a premo score sitting on the bench.
Yes that's true .....but, us ROB owners (R3) will have our day & catchup .....

anyone going early on him if named this week?
No-way at $461K .....I'll take the full 2, maybe 3 games .....same approach as Greene, who has not turned out to be a must have at his price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back