Australian Cricket Thread - No.3 🏏

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.. I suppose it (mankad)Has it's time and place but if a batsmen isn't trying to sneak a half a metre befor the ball has been bowled it's not a good look ..
It was used often at indoor cricket back in the day but that's a completely different game .
Of course they'd mankad in that sport. It's the game of smartarses for smartarses...

Bloody Adelaide. I went early with the media blackout. However Fox is showing the Shield final and Victoria is well placed with a lead of 351 with 5 wickets in hand. 5/183. Currently a rain delay. Contributions from the top order but no big scores. Imagine how cold the Junction Oval is today.

And this today on Instagram.

What an iconic photo.
View attachment 645713
Fred ‘The Demon’ Spofforth made his test debut for Australia on this day in 1877.
Also, makes you wonder how on EARTH they batted on the bloody things and made so many runs! Just look at the pitch from that shot!

Shock omission for World Cup!

I s**t you not this is the front piece of the article on msn.com in affiliation with 9's Wide World Of Sports.

Then you click on it and the full article appears:

Warne reveals shock omission from World Cup squad!

Then you read the actual article:

"He’s scored more one day international runs than any other player
in the world in 2019, but Usman Khawaja won’t be on the plane to England for the World Cup if Shane Warne has his way."

Where do you start?

Geez the music between overs in the Australia v Afghanistan game is annoying.
The game is not allowed to speak for itself anymore, the people must be entertained.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody oath
Used to be able to talk to people with you at the cricket and AFL games when there were breaks in play, now you have to yell to be heard over the silence filler being blasted out of the speakers.

Ruins the atmosphere rather than enhancing it.

Watched the cricket until the 41st over last night. When Maxwell holed out it was all over.

Bowling was difficult last night. It reminded me of street cricket with a tennis ball. Despite the rantings of the commentators the Indian bowlers were only slightly better than the Australians.

Warner was the problem last night. He looks to have the world on his shoulders. Terrible decision by him ran out Finch who looked set for a big one. And then he takes forever to score his 50 runs. He goes a run a ball and we’re close to winning the game.

I think he should sit out a couple and reflect on why he’s so worked up that he can’t cricket properly. Bring in Marsh and open with Usman.

Smith is the complete opposite and looks superhuman given the pressure he’s under.

Shout out to Virat for telling off the Indian (and pommy) spectators for booing Smith. I’m not a Virat fan but who knows after that gesture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back