McGovern reported

Remove this Banner Ad

That sets a dangerous precedent.
McGovern's actions: -push player between shoulder and knee = legal
-while player is in possession = legal
-within the field of play = legal
Why the **** was that campaigner sitting in a chair so close to the boundary? Not McGovern's fault. If the fence or officials aren't a safe distance from the play (i.e. a player can do something that happens 10 times a game and it happens within the field of play), then bring the ****ing boundary in.

From now on, that says if a player is injured from anything in the game, it's rough conduct.

Thats the thing that the taxi ride was for the ribs not the head.

So how can it be medium force to the head? If anything it would be medium force to the body and low force to the head.

Of course MRP being the flogs they are have conflated the two so its now medium force high.
I'm sure we'll argue this. And given he was cleared of any injury, I don't see how it can be medium impact if his ribs are a bit sore.

He only got injured because of the chair. You can’t suspend someone on that basis.

McGovern was the one who pushed him into it so he takes the blame not the chair, it's not like the chair attacked Guelfi on it's own and injured him.

Not surprised he got a week for it, Michael Christian has handed out some garbage suspensions in his time but this wasn't one of them.

I doubt West Coast would even appeal it as they don't really have any grounds to appeal, I don't think blaming the chair at an appeal would hold much water.

McGovern was the one who pushed him into it so he takes the blame not the chair, it's not like the chair attacked Guelfi on it's own and injured him.

Not surprised he got a week for it, Michael Christian has handed out some garbage suspensions in his time but this wasn't one of them.

I doubt West Coast would even appeal it as they don't really have any grounds to appeal, I don't think blaming the chair at an appeal would hold much water.
It got assessed as head contact. McGovern did not touch his. Downgrade to body and it's a fine

How to you get to medium force high contact from hitting your ribs on a chair?

Like I said earlier the MRP have pulled a shonky by conflating the two. The taxi ride and the inability to return to play was due to the rib injury.

Last edited:
What a f#*@ing joke this competition has become.

Christiansen and the rules are so out of touch its beyond logic. A bump in play near the boundsry gets a week. Deliberste elbows to the head get nothing.

WtF is going on..

It has never been this bad.

Eagles will take this one on.

What a joke....a softer penalty given to a player who intentionally bumped high. I hope theres a challenge but I doubt theres grounds to fight it.

There are massive grounds to appeal.

It was in play.

Body on body.

A football action.

The chair and distance from the fence is not within the control of the player.

Clean record.

Injury not has serious as first thought.

Did Guelfi pass the concussion test (or even have one)? All the reports are saying the problem was lungs/abdomen. That's body contact. Medium impact at worst considering he was cleared of any damage today.

If its graded at high, surely the impact is decided on any head injury?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Guelfi pass the concussion test (or even have one)? All the reports are saying the problem was lungs/abdomen. That's body contact. Medium impact at worst considering he was cleared of any damage today.

If its graded at high, surely the impact is decided on any head injury?

Pulling a shonky. Deliberately mixing the two.

Putting a guy into the fence head first counts as high contact.

That is was careless and not intentional was lucky, he gave him a good shove straight out of play but I guess it goes to the Gaff defence, I was aiming elsewhere etc.

Well, your action created the entire event.

That is was careless and not intentional was lucky, he gave him a good shove straight out of play but I guess it goes to the Gaff defence, I was aiming elsewhere etc.

It’s not Auskick, you can’t have different rules for different parts of the ground. What did he do that was reportable? He gave away a free kick. Nothing more nothing less.
And I would be all over this even if it was a Dockers player. It’s just ridiculous child sport stuff, even in Auskick it’s just a free kick at worse.

It’s not Auskick, you can’t have different rules for different parts of the ground. What did he do that was reportable? He gave away a free kick. Nothing more nothing less.
And I would be all over this even if it was a Dockers player. It’s just ridiculous child sport stuff, even in Auskick it’s just a free kick at worse.
If he did it at the goals and put a player into the goal post head first he would get banned too.

A shove around the ground isn't the same as a shove over the boundary.

Really?

If you cant make an argument without posting sh!t like that you need to get some help yourself.

I'm fine, you need to lay off the pipe it seems. You know you can quote multiple messages in one post rather than abusing various posters over a whole forum page, right? Also, reported for trying to avoid swear filters :)

Which is why I asked about the concussion test...if he didn't have a concussion it surely high and low impact, which is also a fine.

If you want to grade it medium impact, then its body contact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back