Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eagles have gotten away with a few wins this season because the opposition missed shots at goal. Not tonight. Well deserved win Pies, you played better all game.

Quite a few premiership players just stopped working in that 2nd half. Maybe they lack the desire and intent after the flag. 1 point in 45 mins of play at home. Just didn't seem to want it enough.

I am so f**king livid right now. Should've thrashed them. No goals in nearly an hour? Putrid. We've been overrated after the Derby. Maybe brought back down to earth. We just fall asleep too easily. Way too many forward 50s and shots by the Pies. Heck we were pretty lucky, they missed easy chances. Pretty pissed off, blew a chance to secure 2nd.
I find remembering we are the reigning premiers helps

I said it in the Eagles board so I may as well just say it here, too.

I can't feel mad about this loss, we literally did the exact same thing in reverse to them in a Grand Final. I'd never get over it if tonights game was last years Granny, but it isn't, it's a regular season game, there's always next week. If they're good enough they'll bounce back.

Collingwood wanted it more when it mattered and deserved the gutsy win.
Can’t dispute much of this. Although the result tonight didn’t mean as much as some of the past encounters between the two sides, it still felt good to get one back on you b*stards. Still reckon you blokes are the front runners this tear. All the best from here on in.

One of the best games of the season. Incredible by both sides. Eagles too strong in the first half, but Collingwood too strong in the second half. At one stage, the scoreline was 1 point and I was like...oh wow, the Eagles won't win by 5 points again...will they?

As others have said, almost a reverse of the Grand Final, but just as entertaining. Thanks for a thrilling contest for us neutrals, guys, and well done to Collingwood for being just that bit better on the night :)

I find remembering we are the reigning premiers helps

It does a bit, but a chance for b2b doesn't come around very often. This by no means isn't season ending, we're still neck and neck with the Pies, but we had a chance to really set it up and blew it. We still have holes we need to work on. Not as invincible as some thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kudos to the pies, eagles were stuffed the final quarter. Loved a lot of the game though and still a lot of positives for the eagles. Still games of the year imo despite the final result

That was an absolute thumping after halftime by an under strength collingwood side (who lost moore early and had to carry crocker and elliott all night). I don't think the Eagles have the same intensity/hunger as last year. Their list is arguably in better shape than '18 but something's missing

It does a bit, but a chance for b2b doesn't come around very often. This by no means isn't season ending, we're still neck and neck with the Pies, but we had a chance to really set it up and blew it. We still have holes we need to work on. Not as invincible as some thought.
Kennedy was a passenger, some stinker moments by redden Masten Ryan cole and sheed ... just one of those nights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back