Review Round 17, 2019 - Port Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We just ended Hinkley's career. Just gobsmacked at that performance from us. Never really challenged.

Rockliffe had 29 possessions, and absolutely no impact.

Lycett knew Steph was a better ruckman, and his defensive efforts backfired immensely.

No Hodge - not needed. A defensive unit with core of Harro, Gardiner, Rich & Lester can win you a flag.

Not enough credit being given to how far our boys were from their comfort zone. That weather, when it hits Adelaide, is straight from the south pole.

In awe of this Lions team. Bring it on.

Have we fixed our first quarters?

Fages keeps mentioning it, that the boys are really really easy to train. It really must be a delight for all involved to be simpatico. Now if only there was provable training to get higher shooting efficiency.. :D

edit: Also that Robbo moment is #10 in the '10 things from the round' thingamajig vid from the afl. Quality Robbo! deserve the votes right there

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would just like to say that I am really glad for Ben Keays to have been given a go today and to have been a part of such a great victory!

I think it is really important for guys like Keays and Walker when they get these opportunities to have success as part of the team. It really infects the rest of the players in the club when they likely step back to NEAFL but are driven to get back up again and also driving that expectation in their NEAFL teammates. It is often the case that a club will be finalists in both firsts and reserves in the same year. High standards spread through a club.

Likewise Lester and Christensen who have spent time in NEAFL this year.

Is it selfish of me to be slightly disappointed our second half was fairly low scoring? Although it almost felt like we switched into a defensive training drill rather than focusing on piling on the percentage.

At times I've been a Fagan critic thinking whether he's the right guy for us going forward but the last month just realised how wrong I was,
he's got us absolutely purring

giphy.gif

I have that as more impressive than last week's effort. To win that sort of game (for its physicality and how they targeted our best player) without Hodge shows a maturity I didn't think we had yet.

I really thought we'd stutter next year without Hodge down back. I think his tactical nous but also his calming ability to navigate a young team through tricky scenarios (like today's game) would be apparent. Good ****ing times lads

Is it selfish of me to be slightly disappointed our second half was fairly low scoring? Although it almost felt like we switched into a defensive training drill rather than focusing on piling on the percentage.

Baby steps. This is still an immense jump and I don't think we've quite learned when/how to be ruthless just yet. I'll settle for deadly then safe at this point.

Back