Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

For someone that gets accused of being soft he had 7 tackles in the wet? where Daniel Rioli had 1 tackle.
More Closer to missed tackles. He doesn’t really stop the person as he’s physically not strong enough. Looks like a headless chook bouncing all over the place. We can’t be serious about taking this guy into September. He’s lifeless when it comes to impact and players just brush him away too easily.
Then add his lack of vision and panic when players are on his hammer.
He puts us under a lot of unnecessary pressure and is only surviving the season bc of our injuries.

More Closer to missed tackles. He doesn’t really stop the person as he’s physically not strong enough. Looks like a headless chook bouncing all over the place. We can’t be serious about taking this guy into September. He’s lifeless when it comes to impact and players just brush him away too easily.
He puts us under a lot of unnecessary pressure and is only surviving the season bc of our injuries.

Crazy to have Mcintosh and Pickett types outside the 22 to accommodate brando imho

Crazy to have Mcintosh and Pickett types outside the 22 to accommodate brando imho
It’s like they’re playing him so his trade value doesn’t depreciate. He’s an enigma bc he’s still the same when he was running around for West Coburg.
You think he would have cleaned his act up by now.

What are you smoking? There are no injured players that play his role.
So he had 7 missed tackles, yet gets credited with the tackles
His role depends on the type of forward he plays on, find out who it was today and what impact he had on the game, then educate yourself about team structures...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are you smoking? There are no injured players that play his role.
So he had 7 missed tackles, yet gets credited with the tackles
His role depends on the type of forward he plays on, find out who it was today and what impact he had on the game, then educate yourself about team structures...
He was absolutely low impact today and I’m sure somebody so clued up like you would have noticed?
You’re Exactly right we don’t want anyone playing his role bc it’s a nothing role. We need hard nosed ball winners and polish with a bit of mongrel. Pickett or KMac could easily account for his caper.

For someone that gets accused of being soft he had 7 tackles in the wet? where Daniel Rioli had 1 tackle.
End of the second qtr, his head over the ball, front on attack and tackle against Cripps forcing a throwing/stoppage was great.
No doubt will be highlighted in his line reviews, but I doubt his detractors here even noticed it.

All up, had a ripper game. 20190812_162611.jpg

Last edited:
Equal 5th for disposals
Equal 2nd for marks
Equal 3rd for tackles
9th for pressure acts
9th for metres gained
6th for clearances
Equal 3rd for I50s
Equal 2nd for R50s
Equal 5th for Intercepts
Equal 7th for contested possessions

Brandon was solid and very efficient and selfless today, Dimma will be pleased with his work rate and efforts again as he always is.

Vlastuin was solid.

Ellis was prone to mediocrity like much of his career

that cap space and compo pick looking pretty darn enticing about now

Comfortably in our top 5 today. You want a whipping ball I present you Castagna and the momentum.swing which occured when he turned the footy over trying to do to much on the half forward flank .Like he often does.
What’s a whipping ball? 😏If Castagna is a basketball then Brando is a ping pong ball. 😋

Comfortably in our top 5 today. You want a whipping ball I present you Castagna and the momentum.swing which occured when he turned the footy over trying to do to much on the half forward flank .Like he often does.

Top five? delusional.

Geroge and Ellis both have brain fades but George isnt soft and cracks in

Your top 10 - many of those posts of a very low fanboi quality

those in glasses houses
Also if Fanbois weren’t on here with their rubbish and insults we wouldn’t need to be here as often.
It’s hilarious how they take the personal line bc they can’t defend the issues being raised.

Also if Fanbois weren’t on here with their rubbish and insults we wouldn’t need to be here as often.
It’s hilarious how they take the personal line bc they can’t defend the issues being raised.
You claimed he was low impact and soft today yet he was ranked top 10 in the following areas today, including contested possessions and tackles. He was also ranked second for distance covered with 14.5km

Equal 5th for disposals
Equal 2nd for marks
Equal 3rd for tackles
9th for pressure acts
9th for metres gained
6th for clearances
Equal 3rd for I50s
Equal 2nd for R50s
Equal 5th for Intercepts
Equal 7th for contested possessions

You're kidding yourself if that is a low impact soft game, but I'd like for you to defend you position that it was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back