Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s a reliable shot..I just only see him running in straight lines you don’t see much of the twisting outve trouble from Brando
For the amount of running he does he covers his line and the shortest distance
between two points is a straight line. 😀
I think the biggest disappointment this year has been Rioli as I expected him to step up and play the attacking wingman role .

I see Carlton are shopping for Ellis

depositphotos_67585693-stock-photo-recycle-brown-paper-bag.jpg

I thought you had me on ignore?😎
I don’t think they’re belittling him, but more mentioning a plethora of poor results. Everybody on here deep down know he’s best 22 , but are more concerned with his shortcomings considering he’s a seasoned footballer.
I do periodically when you get all ridiculous! :cool:
I posted earlier that I rewatched the QF, and it was glorious, and Brandon did appear to have a negative role on Parfitt, Murdoch and Menagola who all did SFA!!

I do the same, but have to back for the lolz.:cool:

Is that to learn gooderer Enklish....:moustache::D (PS we all do it - just a good humoured gee-up!)

I do, unlike your 21
Seriously mate grow up as you’re touting the win to Brando. Do you actually read what you post and what others have been posting? For the last time everybody on here has complimented Brando’s game , yet you’ve accredited the win solely to him.
The teenager description of you was actually a compliment after all you’ve posted recently. Now crawl way and go and throw your toys somewhere else.

Watching the replay vs WC he shirked a couple of contests where he perceived there to be contact, very annoying to watch his self preservation at times.

That stupid panic pass in the last few minutes of the last Q to a marked Dusty 3 metres away instead of a more simpler option over the top to George which would have resulted in a shot at goal and taken valuable time off the clock could have cost us big time.

At other times he was very clean like the handball to Jack for the sealer. His best is very good but unfortunately too often his worst is well and truly sprinkled into the mix.

Seriously mate grow up as you’re touting the win to Brando. Do you actually read what you post and what others have been posting? For the last time everybody on here has complimented Brando’s game , yet you’ve accredited the win solely to him.
The teenager description of you was actually a compliment after all you’ve posted recently. Now crawl way and go and throw your toys somewhere else.

He got extra credit, credit when it’s due! I’m allowed to do that, so grow up before you tell other people to do so

He got extra credit, credit when it’s due! I’m allowed to do that, so grow up before you tell other people to do so
Good on you mate, If a certain poster is going to have 400 posts on a player and pretty much comment so negatively on nearly every one of them and rating our boy Brando as not worth a penny over 250k a year, They probably deserve a bit of the 'I told you so' treatment. :clapping:

There’s more propaganda in here than North Korea at times. The way they try and spin any little afl quality moment into a “see how good he is” argument is painful at times.
Yep and even after you acknowledge and credit Ellis for a good game they then accuse you of trolling and still accuse you of being negative. I blame the failed Australian Education systems of the past 20years for the growth explosion of these types.

They probably deserve a bit of the 'I told you so' treatment. :clapping:

If you're up for it, scroll back about 50 pages to the infamous "squibbed it when no one was behind him" game. Quite a few I told you so's after that effort.

I want the guy to iron that out of his game but it can't be denied that he squibbed it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay vs WC he shirked a couple of contests where he perceived there to be contact, very annoying to watch his self preservation at times.

That stupid panic pass in the last few minutes of the last Q to a marked Dusty 3 metres away instead of a more simpler option over the top to George which would have resulted in a shot at goal and taken valuable time off the clock could have cost us big time.

At other times he was very clean like the handball to Jack for the sealer. His best is very good but unfortunately too often his worst is well and truly sprinkled into the mix.
That Eagles player had every right to put dusty out for the season in that bit of play, it was shithouse from Ellis

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That Eagles player had every right to put dusty out for the season in that bit of play, it was s**thouse from Ellis

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
However the resident statiticians will tell us he got rewarded a kick, a contested possession, hard ball get and three pressure acts for that. 😏
Whilst Dusty was rewarded with a tackle against , five pressure acts against, a bruised neck, ribs and back.
Probably exaggerated, but you get the drill. 🤪This chip chip kick is the equivalent to a hospital handball and I hate it bc it’s unproductive and potentially dangerous as you say.
If he irons this out I think it’ll improve him immensely as well as the team.

Last edited:
Lol, to Carlton? Think he would retire before going there if they were his only options
They’re going to offer a lot more, he in all likelihood will get squeezed out unless he leaves a lot of money on the table.
Was only a matter of time until we eventually lost fringe best 22 players.

You’re baiting with utter tripe with that post
What did I say that was wrong?
He’s a good player, but the fact that he’s probably 16-22 in our team is a testament to why we are so strong and makes him fringe best 22 especially with young guys in the vfl pushing for his spot.

Mods should delete it if they want to be consistent. Bet anything they wont.
Try and make valuable contributions otherwise you’ll get the treatment you deserve and called out for what you are.

7F6CA86B-863B-435F-B386-3420F472C091.jpeg

What did I say that was wrong?
He’s a good player, but the fact that he’s probably 16-22 in our team is a testament to why we are so strong and makes him fringe best 22 especially with young guys in the vfl pushing for his spot.
Fringe 22. Pathetic attempt at baiting.

FMD it’s Ike an alternate universe exists where we’ve had players re-sign and Ellis hasn’t put contract talks on hold and isn’t a FA this year and probably at the stage of his career where he can get his biggest pay day and in reality that would be at another club because we have a salary cap with players on serious money.
If he stays full credit to him for showing loyalty and leaving serious money on the table, but it’s just delusional to completely dismiss the very real possibility that it will happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back