Player Watch #45: Patrick Naish - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like to find a spot for him. He's a good user. Need more class on the outside cause we have a bunch of butchers in the middle atm.

sorry for the intrusion (fantasy question) will naish come back into the side this week

I think he should, but we just made 7 changes in the game past, so it won't come as any surprise if any changes are simply forced changes.

After 9 rounds Naish currently sits second in the JJ Liston Trophy trailing by 2 votes.

If he won, he'd be out 3rd straight winner of the award following on from Miles and Townsend

He was unlucky to be dropped from seniors, was mainly because we had 5 or 6 back at once. I know they’re not going to bring him in for finals but it’s frustrating when you know he’d outperform the likes of short or the plodder baker

He was unlucky to be dropped from seniors, was mainly because we had 5 or 6 back at once. I know they’re not going to bring him in for finals but it’s frustrating when you know he’d outperform the likes of short or the plodder baker
No, he wouldn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pickett is good enough and not getting games.

You logic is flawed imo
Is he though? He's had a few good moments but not exactly banging the door down. The hype that surrounds him is way over the top mostly due to the great background story that comes with it.

I'd be surprised if he could come in and perform to Ellis' level straight away. Next year with a pre season and once hes more settled, maybe.

Dimma has shown a willingness to give games to kids games with strong VFL form, sometimes even a little early (Egg) given the right circumstances. Pickett isn't not playing because he's 'being blocked' by Ellis, it's cos he's not in our best 22 in the eyes of the selection committee. You play your absolute best available team in finals, there is no wiggle room.

I reckon Naish will be in our best 22 next season whether Ellis hangs around or not.

Is he though? He's had a few good moments but not exactly banging the door down. The hype that surrounds him is way over the top mostly due to the great background story that comes with it.

I'd be surprised if he could come in and perform to Ellis' level straight away. Next year with a pre season and once hes more settled, maybe.

Dimma has shown a willingness to give games to kids games with strong VFL form, sometimes even a little early (Egg) given the right circumstances. Pickett isn't not playing because he's 'being blocked' by Ellis, it's cos he's not in our best 22 in the eyes of the selection committee. You play your absolute best available team in finals, there is no wiggle room.

I reckon Naish will be in our best 22 next season whether Ellis hangs around or not.

Pickett - true , but I think you'll get a pleasant surprise when he does make it

Naish - developing nicely , in years gone by he'd have plenty of games under his belt , at more than half the other clubs he would have been thrown in at the deep way before now in his career , but he has landed at Punt Rd in a time of untold playing list depth , look at how Lloyd & Miles ripped it up in the VFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back