Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm torn with this Marchbank news.

I'm on the fence. If he wants to go, ok. If the club thinks it's worth cashing in, ok. Would love for him to stay. Missed quite a few games this year but I reckon he is developing every year into a very good player.

If the Swans want Marchbank, it's a straight swap for Papley or they can sod off.

They have a contracted, best 22 player we want, we have one they want, straight swap and move on. Marchy ain't steak knives.

And you know what...I'd consider it.

Martin for future second.
Papley for Marchbank.
Betts + Cameron/Jacobs + Butler/Cutler for late picks.

Pick 8 gets someone like Deven Robertson or Dylan Stephens, perhaps we get lucky and Kemp, Ash or Young slip to that pick. Or we could be a bit craftier and trade it for a couple of picks in the 16-25 range, where there are still going to be some handy small forwards and mids available.

Or maybe there's that mature midfielder that can be pried out of another club for Pick 8...Petracca? Crouch?

Of course they are. Wouldn't dream of changing that. Simply mean is that news just coming from an essendon member, or is there a word missing between * and member (such as board) which may give it more credence. I am a Carlton member. My knowledge of Carlton player comings and goings is limited to what I read on big footy. Most * members would be the same.
Ah I see. Bluemours come in various forms and from different sources. Not all of them can be Club Board members. I took it as meaning * club member who might be involved in a club group or something. In any case, Sheepy has had mail before so I'll take it.

Also on the Marchbank talk. Enquiries happen all the time. We've probably enquired about Lachie Whitfield, Zach Merrett and Brodie Grundy, but doesn't mean anything.

I do appreciate the info, tencentpiece - I know not all mail is positive. But I hope we gave the Swans a swift "no" to their enquiry.

If the Swans want Marchbank, it's a straight swap for Papley or they can sod off.

They have a contracted, best 22 player we want, we have one they want, straight swap and move on. Marchy ain't steak knives.

And you know what...I'd consider it.

Martin for future second.
Papley for Marchbank.
Betts + Cameron/Jacobs + Butler/Cutler for late picks.

Pick 8 gets someone like Deven Robertson or Dylan Stephens, perhaps we get lucky and Kemp, Ash or Young slip to that pick. Or we could be a bit craftier and trade it for a couple of picks in the 16-25 range, where there are still going to be some handy small forwards and mids available.

Or maybe there's that mature midfielder that can be pried out of another club for Pick 8...Petracca? Crouch?
I'd say the only way we let Marchy go is a) if it means we hold our draft currency completely (as you've suggested) and b) if we've got a BIG name midfielder coming that requires both first rounders for.

1. New Coach. This is being tended to.
2. Cohesion. The NB's has for too often come across as an 'Every man for himself' mob. Something isn't right.
3. The Northern Blues has to look for players that will make the squad better overall as there will always be injuries.
The recruitment of certain types is puzzling. Did we need two KPD's (Johnson & Collins) given we took on Goddard as a rookie, BSilvagni from the draft and still have Macreadie developing? Is almost as though the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.
I wonder if the NB players who were hoping to be rookie drafted had a change of attitude once it didn't happen. Seems a little reminiscent of Lambert and co were playing for themselves not the team about 5 years ago.

Caleb has family link to Carlton and was keen to come to us in first place.

would be hard to convince him to go back to Sin City.

There's zero chance we force or convince him to go.

We may ask the question to gauge his interest, but that'll be it. He is a required player.

If we bring in Martin, Papley and Butler I can't see much game time going forward for Matty Kennedy, should the club and himself look at involving him in the Martin trade? He'd get regular game time up there. Does Kennedy and one of our later picks get it done?

On CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was our leading goal kicker in the last 7 or 8 games to finish the season. Never been fully fit. He's a keeper. Without a doubt.

Marchbank value would be at it's lowest right now. Swans probably want pick 8 and Marchbank for Papley. That seems well overs to me.

Definitely overs. We'd never do that deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans have inquired about Marchbank

Swans need KPB.

We arguably have too many to squeeze into best 22 IF all are fit.

Don't want to lose him, but it makes sense all round.

As long as we aren't selling at his low value point.

Swans need KPB.

Tin-foil hate time > losing Marchbank would/could make a space for Talia.

Jones and Talia to play FB and CHB. Weiters then becomes the main interceptor and distributor - which are currently his best attributes.

Swans need KPB.

It's still not even clear if Marchbank is contracted for next year. I've found this very, very interesting. Apparently there's a trigger but there's no word whether he has met it, nor whether either side has triggered it.

Maybe Marchbank will decide whether he stays or not.

Tin-foil hate time > losing Marchbank would/could make a space for Talia.

Jones and Talia to play FB and CHB. Weiters then becomes the main interceptor and distributor - which are currently his best attributes.

You made me feel the warm and fuzzies inside. Yes please.

Marchbank straight swap for Papley would work, fills a need for us and we have coverage for him, not ideal, but you have to give up quality to get quality in. You would think a 3 or 4 yr deal on good coin would be appealing to him especially given he would look great in there backline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back