Awesome attitude era moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Raw February 26 2001

X-Factor doesn't have their Uncle Kracker theme on WWE Network! That's a travesty, ladies and gentlemen.

You may remember this song. It charted in Australia:

This is The Kat's final appearance and Jerry Lawler's last until November 2001. In real life, next day she gets fired for some reason and Lawler quits because he's engaged/married to her.

Raw February 26 2001

X-Factor doesn't have their Uncle Kracker theme on WWE Network! That's a travesty, ladies and gentlemen.

You may remember this song. It charted in Australia:

I always preferred Yeah, Yeah, Yeah which charted ok here but no one ever seems to remember.

Raw March 5 2001

Paul Heyman's first episode on commentary. Back when he was good, not repeating the same Brock Lesnar speech for 8 years.

Raw February 26 2001

I've got everything I wanted and I'll never get that back. I know you hate that fact X-Factor, but you ain't gotta look at me like that. I said you ain't gotta look at me like that!

Do they play the imitation D-Generation X/My Time hybrid theme on the WWE Network?

This is The Kat's final appearance and Jerry Lawler's last until November 2001. In real life, next day she gets fired for some reason and Lawler quits because he's engaged/married to her.

Apparently she had a bad attitude backstage and many people wanted her gone. Vince didn't want to get involved so he had JR do the firing instead.

Raw March 5 2001

Paul Heyman's first episode on commentary. Back when he was good, not repeating the same Brock Lesnar speech for 8 years.

Even though a lot of people knew that ECW was done as a promotion by February/March 2001, Heyman's appearance on Raw confirmed it.

I've got everything I wanted and I'll never get that back. I know you hate that fact X-Factor, but you ain't gotta look at me like that. I said you ain't gotta look at me like that!

Do they play the imitation D-Generation X/My Time hybrid theme on the WWE Network?

Apparently she had a bad attitude backstage and many people wanted her gone. Vince didn't want to get involved so he had JR do the firing instead.

Even though a lot of people knew that ECW was done as a promotion by February/March 2001, Heyman's appearance on Raw confirmed it.

Been a loooong time since Vince did the firings himself.

SmackDown March 8 2001

Tazz takes Jerry Lawler's spot as commentator. Jim Ross filled in the week before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Raw March 26 2001

WWF purchased WCW in real life the previous Friday. This episode has a simulcast/crossover with Vince at Raw at Ohio boasting in the ring about beating his competition. In a shock twist, Shane appears in the ring at Nitro in Florida (the final Nitro) announcing he bought WCW and it will kick Vince's ass again in the future! Remember watching this at the time and it was all very exciting.

Raw March 12 2001

Kurt Angle puts Debra in the ankle lock haha
Stone Cold Steve Austin likes this.

Raw March 26 2001

WWF purchased WCW in real life the previous Friday. This episode has a simulcast/crossover with Vince at Raw at Ohio boasting in the ring about beating his competition. In a shock twist, Shane appears in the ring at Nitro in Florida (the final Nitro) announcing he bought WCW and it will kick Vince's ass again in the future! Remember watching this at the time and it was all very exciting.

I still remember the Raw fans booing heavily when Lex Luger's name was mentioned by Vince.

Heat April 1 2001 (before WrestleMania X-Seven)

From memory we didn't get pre-PPV Heats in Australia. So, amusing to see its match years later.

X-Factor theme isn't Uncle Kracker on this old recording so mustn't have had that theme yet :think:

WrestleMania X-Seven

"WrestleMania, a celebration of life" *dramatic music*

At the Houston Astrodome. First Attitude Era WrestleMania in a big, * off stadium. Wouldn't return to a normal arena until 2004.

This goes for 4 hours. Remember when only WrestleMania did that, and there was enough going on to justify 4 hours...

Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho vs William Regal opens the show. Jericho is Undisputed WWF Champion the following year, which if memory serves me correctly made him the first wrestler to go from curtain jerking to the main event in consecutive WrestleManias.

Last edited:
They've cut Eddie Guerrero tripping over the bottom rope and reduced how long Test gets himself stuck in the ropes boooooooooo

WrestleMania X-Seven

"WrestleMania, a celebration of life" *dramatic music*

At the Houston Astrodome. First Attitude Era WrestleMania in a big, fu** off stadium. Wouldn't return to a normal arena until 2004.

This goes for 4 hours. Remember when only WrestleMania did that, and there was enough going on to justify 4 hours...

One of the greatest WrestleManias of all time and to many it's the greatest WrestleMania of all time. It really had that epic WrestleMania feel to it, especially when compared to the lacklustre multi-man-mania the year before. The hype packages leading up to this PPV were awesome and they even managed to make a Limp Bizkit song sound great. :eek:

I know Vince and co. will say that the Attitude Era ended when they had to change their name from WWF to WWE in May 2002 but in my opinion and for many others, this PPV signalled the end of the Attitude Era. :(

Intercontinental Champion William Regal vs Chris Jericho open the show. Jericho is Undisputed WWF Champion the following year, which if memory serves me correctly made him the first wrestler to go from curtain jerking to the main event in consecutive WrestleManias.

Le Champion was indeed the first. The closest that any other wrestler achieved that feat before Jericho was King Kong Bundy (2nd match on card at WrestleMania I, main event at WrestleMania II).

Chyna's final WrestleMania appearance. Defeats Ivory for the Women's Championship.

Even though she wasn't considered a great worker (her matches in New Japan are surprisingly good though), winning the Women's Championship was a major step down for Chyna.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back