Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Since 2008 through to this current month .. Super has averaged 3.77% return across the board … that is not withstanding any further smashings this year ….

Median housing prices have more than doubled over the same period … I know where my money gets invested ;)

Nice - but not particularly liquid ...

The stripped back version of Let it Be released by McCartney proved that Spector was a butcher who should have been jailed years before he was actually jailed.

White Album got the same treatment last year...and there’s a trillion demos.

Helter Skelter.........phwoooooarrr.

I think a Jezza/Kouta hybrid would have improved on both models.
sounds like Crippa if we just add a dash of Judd

PS. I always thought Paul should have played Across the Universe at opening of London games. Would have been epic and perfect.
Matter of fact it is pretty relevant right now.
Saw him last year with my darl and I can die happy now. UNBELIEVABLE

Last edited:
is it true that you can draw on your super and invest in property?

I believe only if you have your own SMSF. I know you can't use it to buy a primary dwelling.

Thing is, each Super mob has its own rules, not laws.

Have gone into my own Super 3 times in the last 10 years, on hardship.

Bottom line is, it’s still your money.

This is absolutely true, pretty sure its capped at 10K per year???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keating never intended Super to become a low tax paying investment vehicle for the rich - Costello and Howard fixed that. People aggregating tens of millions of dollars and more whilst paying 15% tax offset by franking credits....just a nonsense theft on the ordinary Australian who has to pay full rack via PAYE - grubby stuff.

Keating never intended Super to become a low tax paying investment vehicle for the rich - Costello and Howard fixed that. People aggregating tens of millions of dollars and more whilst paying 15% tax offset by franking credits....just a nonsense theft on the ordinary Australian who has to pay full rack via PAYE - grubby stuff.

It was always a flawed system. You essential stack the deck, and lay at the mercy of fund managers, and market forces.

funny that

Further more, I put it to you, a property portfolio is far more liquid than super. I can access draw down funds at anytime. Almost as good as a JP Morgan credit card, but not quite though.

SMSF is the only go

I set mine up as soon as the gubbermint relaxed the laws ;)
Mine is about 85% property and 15% high risk shares.

Came into a reasonable inheritance late last year, so I spent the last few months asking around.....invest in Super....shares.... lots of stuff.

Anyhoo, after stern advice from my Pizza mogul/mobster buddy next door.........put it nearly all into my apartment mortgage, with full redraw, paid off all the credit cards and gave myself a cash float.

Did not put a cent of my own into Super, which would have garnered CGT anyway.

Might have made the right move, just quietly.

Came into a reasonable inheritance late last year, so I spent the last few months asking around.....invest in Super....shares.... lots of stuff.

Anyhoo, after stern advice from my Pizza mogul/monster buddy next door.........put it nearly all into my apartment mortgage, with full redraw, paid off all the credit cards and gave myself a cash float.

Indeed you have old boy.

Anyhoo, after stern advice from my Pizza mogul/mobster buddy next door.........put it nearly all into my apartment mortgage, with full redraw, paid off all the credit cards and gave myself a cash float.

Great advice and well taken.

Metalcrusher - if you are leveraged into property via your super - you do understand that your real bet is on the continuation of lax rules by the govmint re Chinese investment in residential real estate - yeah? If you aren't leveraged ( ie have no borrowings on the property, risk is lower but factor bet is the same).

As a general rule the govmint has declared its intentions re super last year - anything above 1.5M is no longer a tax haven - that is stage one.

Metalcrusher - if you are leveraged into property via your super - you do understand that your real bet is on the continuation of lax rules by the govmint re Chinese investment in residential real estate - yeah? If you aren't leveraged ( ie have no borrowings on the property, risk is lower but factor bet is the same).

As a general rule the govmint has declared its intentions re super last year - anything above 1.5M is no longer a tax haven - that is stage one.

Dunno if it happens in the Eastern States, but if you buy a SA residential property, even as a first home buyer, and you lease it out, you are exempt from land/sales tax, which is usually 15k on top.

Kicker is, the banks will only go 50% on the loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back