Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 18 - North v Eagles Thurs September 17th 7:10pm AEST (Metricon) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

• North by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

12-5 is so us.

I mean, after 1-3, you'd take that in a heartbeat, but it ain't gonna be our year.

You could beat Port at AO you love that ground. Could beat Brisbane in a day game at the Gabba but probably not at night.

5th against Dogs or Pies even in Perth could be dangerous, needed the double chance with your injury list imo.

I think the potential for Blues & Magpie upsets will be more interesting in how that influences QF matchups. Crows and Swans will have to play out of their skins to let the Eagles slip through the door. And with our percentage, we probably don't deserve to be there anyway. We'll have our hands full in the EF anyway.

It's the injuries that worry me. Finishing 5th doesn't help.

If we were at full strength, I'd give us a chance on the road against Port or Brisbane. But we haven't put ourselves in a position to have a crack at that.

I'm always optimistic .I see every team we have to beat as very beatable .You know you make your own destiny .See how it goes.

You could beat Port at AO you love that ground. Could beat Brisbane in a day game at the Gabba but probably not at night.
With no Harris Andrews and McInerney as their first ruck. I would have welcomed that chance had we finished third. It's hard to remember a top 2 side being more gettable in a QF.

5th against Dogs or Pies even in Perth could be dangerous, needed the double chance with your injury list imo.
Of course it "could be dangerous". Any final could be. I don't care about the double chance - I care about the opportunity to win in week 1 and go straight through to a PF. We won't have that opportunity.

WC won't be able to host a final after the first week, so you're talking nonsense.
hey just looked it up n your right! afl only allowing that one perth final!
congrats! you get to "win" after being nasty for no reason!
i should be sympathetic considering what your family musta been like growing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After losing the first three games after the restart finishing 12 and 5 is pretty good and if you are keen on the Eagles you wouldn't be to unhappy with that.
I'm happy with the Eagles and have a bit of optimism for the clubs 24th finals campaign in the AFL era.
Beaten North, Giants, Bombers, Hawks, Blues, Saints since the 7 games in Perth there’s still a question on whether they can beat quality in Qld at night.

They are a great team, but I question their ability to adapt to the conditions against good teams in QLD moving forward.

I think Redden is more likely than Hutchings.

I guess Hutchings and Jetta could be considered but are they walk-up starts these days?

Neither are in 2020. 6 games for Jetta, 3 for Hutchings. Would love to have Hutchings in form going into a final against a top 4 side but he missed the first 13 games then only got two full games in before getting injured again. If he'd stayed in from Round 14-18 and built form he'd be a walk up, IMO.

Back