Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok its been 3 full days since the draft. faith had a bet with me for a bottle of penfolds RWT and since the draft is nowhere to be seen. Can we put out an missing persons flyer on every street post and tree to find him. I am thirsty:wineglass:

I did tell you the grub wouldn’t sack up

less integrity than Marty & Mick

RT reminds me a lot of Paul Salmon. He played at FF for most of his early years before going to the Hawks where he played ruck because they had no-one else.
People are comparing RT to players that can play forward / ruck equally well

However RT has the athleticism to do more

This is where I dont agree with the Paul Salmon comparison

Was Salmon as clean below the knees as RT?

Could Salmon push up and play on the wing?

Did Salmon has quick hands and handball release like RT?

Can RT play forward / ruck like Salmon and Otten well the answer is yes however could Salmon and Otten play potential up on the wing and go to work on ground balls like RT, the answer to that is NO

What we have with RT is a 200cm player that has rare 200cm qualities, RT qualities

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

That wouldn’t have come into consideration, you don’t draft for the first year output otherwise we wouldn’t have taken Dangerfield

No it wouldn’t have come into consideration with the recruiting team but would have with the fans. Danger also wasn’t coming off an ACL and actually did play in that first year.

No it wouldn’t have come into consideration with the recruiting team but would have with the fans. Danger also wasn’t coming off an ACL and actually did play in that first year.
What do the fans have to do with the recruiting decision?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am a Hollands fan but he won’t play a game of AFL next year. People realise this right?

There is no way we could have overlooked RT.

You realise it’s in the club’s best interests to lose as many games as possible next year right?

I’m not going to sit here and bag RT or bag the selection, but we’re in a rebuild and the 2021 draft is absolutely stacked with elite talent inside the top 5-10.

Any selections in 2020 would have been geared towards us still being a bottom 4-6 side in 2021, and building towards the real rise up the ladder commencing in 2022-23. I’d suggest Hollands will be an emerging star by then.

I understand the RT selection, but the fact that Hollands is unlikely to debut in 2021 was not a factor in it at all.

You realise it’s in the club’s best interests to lose as many games as possible next year right?

I’m not going to sit here and bag RT or bag the selection, but we’re in a rebuild and the 2021 draft is absolutely stacked with elite talent inside the top 5-10.

Any selections in 2020 would have been geared towards us still being a bottom 4-6 side in 2021, and building towards the real rise up the ladder commencing in 2022-23. I’d suggest Hollands will be an emerging star by then.

I understand the RT selection, but the fact that Hollands is unlikely to debut in 2021 was not a factor in it at all.
Going to be a funny year next year, we want to see the team develop but know the better they do we hurt our 2021 draft position.

Having said that, I don’t think we will have to worry, they very nature of our list with the lack of depth will see us struggle with the smallest injury list. We just want to see the kids who showed stuff towards the end of the year continue and those like Jones and McHenry justify their selections.

Going to be a funny year next year, we want to see the team develop but know the better they do we hurt our 2021 draft position.

Having said that, I don’t think we will have to worry, they very nature of our list with the lack of depth will see us struggle with the smallest injury list. We just want to see the kids who showed stuff towards the end of the year continue and those like Jones and McHenry justify their selections.
I agree but to go into games as suggested above wanting to not get results is a bad move..that is almost the carlton approach and look at them..rebuild 3 and counting.

Let the kids play and develop and whatever will be results wise will be regardless of whete we finish

Playing the 18 year olds with small bodies and limited pre-seasons helps us achieve that low pick number. So drafting a guy who misses 2021 doesnt help get Horne.

To kill 2 birds with one stone, we should put as many games as possible next year into the young players.

My memories of Cory McKernan are hazy at best, however sometimes think he is a player that TT is similar too.

TT looking at the photo with Crouch and Doedee TT still physically looks like a kid through the arms and chest. I think he could easily finish up another 10kg heavier

Problem is, leap is very important when he's going to be matching up against similarly sized guys (and key defenders are also getting taller, so 201 cm is not the advantage it was 10 years ago when Tippett was hitting his straps). He will need to find a way to develop his leap so it doesn't curtail Thilthorpe ability in a contested marking situation, because it will if its not good enough, even with a big wingspan.
A poor leap hasn't been a problem for Dixon, Lynch, McKay, Hawkins or Brown.

I never said it was a factor!

I agree but to go into games as suggested above wanting to not get results is a bad move..that is almost the carlton approach and look at them..rebuild 3 and counting.

Let the kids play and develop and whatever will be results wise will be regardless of whete we finish

Yep we should be playing the kids next year (if they win their position on merit), but we should also be going out there to try and win 22 games. That’s the only way to develop a winning culture. Our draft position will sort itself out.

On a separate note I think we should be rotating Tex TT Himmelberg and Fogarty. Tex has a lot of in game knowledge to pass over to the younger players, but he should realistically only be playing a handful of games next year. There’s no space for all 4, and it would be ludicrous for one of the young 3 to be missing games other than for a short 1 week rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back