News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate had to throw 150kg of meat away, because he couldn't keep his kebab shop open.
**** you and your world wide phenomenon.
Just cop it sweet that you panicked and got it wrong over the two week lockdown claim.

Lots of people aren't coping well in this massive planet wide natural disaster.

On Pixel 4a (5G) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just cop it sweet that you panicked and got it wrong over the two week lockdown claim.

Lots of people aren't coping well in this massive planet wide natural disaster.

It's truly amazing to me that you probably ACTUALLY think you're not defending Andrews. If you can't see that your political allegiance is informing your posting in this thread, then you have an astounding lack of self-awareness for someone that continually denigrates others as having no real-world experience.

By the way - I'm still waiting for you to tell me what my political allegiance is. You promised to do it a few days ago, before just insulting me and leaving it at that (the insulting posts are still there by the way - thanks mods!).

You have it all wrong mate, SimpkinByTheDockOfTheBay is posting 300 posts a day insulting anyone that's unhappy to be lied to by politicians, but he's not defending Andrews. He'll send you aggressive PMs calling you a child and telling you you picked an argument with him if you say he defended Andrews. Don't be a sheep that listens to corporate media.
He is the campaigner that comes on here and celebrates that people have died due to this government's mistakes - and then wants everyone to celebrate that there have been more government mistakes leading to lockdown and misery in this state.

It takes a special type of campaigner to be that low but he manages to achieve it - actually relishes that the Victorian population has suffered 10 fold more than other states over the past 12 months and wants Dan to receive awards for such 'leadership'. FMD we have some morons on here.

He is the campaigner that comes on here and celebrates that people have died due to this government's mistakes - and then wants everyone to celebrate that there have been more government mistakes leading to lockdown and misery in this state.

It takes a special type of campaigner to be that low but he manages to achieve it - actually relishes that the Victorian population has suffered 10 fold more than other states over the past 12 months and wants Dan to receive awards for such 'leadership'. FMD we have some morons on here.
Celebrating death?

Pull your head in mate.

This history on the legislation is interesting reading. Politically Scott Morrison's actions make sense.

I think there may be an element of the Feds putting the policy in place that gets them the kudos but the major reputational risk is in the execution.

I have been trying to find reporting on the initial discussions and national cabinet meetings that resolved that the states would manage the hotel quarantine system but not having much luck.

I would think from a practical sense the states were much better placed to get hotel quarantine up and running at scale immediately. It happens with their jurisdictions and the feds don't really have any service delivery staff. The other factors in favour of the states running it would be that the quarantine system would need to integrate with the health system, testing regimes and quarantine system in each state.

The other factor would be that we have seen that certain states are extremely keen on being able to shut borders between states. A purely nationally run quarantine system would have serious implications around that. I am not sure that the premiers would want to go cap in hand to ScoMo every time they wanted to enforce quarantine for interstate travellers.

I am not sure that a national cabinet would agree to the feds taking sole ownership of the traveller quarantine. There are some major egos and significant tensions around turf at play, and political risk/reward when that group gets together,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Close an entire state down for 5 days for a handful of cases - the 'health advice' Andrews is getting is of the highest quality:rolleyes:. He needs to start getting some business advice.

Look, he's a professional career politician who has no real life understanding of everyday folk, and this car crash rests at the feet of the bureaucracy that supposedly informs him on the pandemic. It's not as if he would have a clue about it. He's not even particularly intelligent.

This monumental series of cluster ****s ultimately lies at the feet of a staggeringly.......and I mean STAGGERINGLY incompetent bureaucracy which has evolved on the taxpayers teat. The Victorian bureaucracy is the actual dangerous mutation that the people have to face.

Celebrating death?

Pull your head in mate.

Did you make the same comment to Shintemaster?

It is true the SBTDTB has been dismissive of comparative outcomes as a measure of state performance during the pandemic. that can come across as perhaps being cavalier about the fatalities. It is completely unfair to say he has celebrated deaths though.

Tell that to the many business owners who lost a fortune over one of the busiest weekends of the year and have to try and still somehow maintain their operations and confidence whilst constantly looking over their shoulder to see whether the government’s quarantine and contact tracing systems aren’t going to fu** up yet AGAIN.
And tell that to the many 000’s of casual workers who mostly live week to week and have potentially lost 5 days pay and won’t have enough to pay rent and put food on the table this week...
The lockdown was simply a face saving/covering arse exercise implemented because the inept system in place couldn’t handle a handful of cases. Fear and spin used to disguise it. If this is how Andrews will respond every time there are a few cases then god help us all. Just hope he can somehow bullshit his way into closing down quarantine here and outsourcing arrivals out to Darwin as suggested today.
And spare us the “but but but it’s a global pandemic, we’re smashing it here compared to London, he’s keeping us safe” bullshit. Victoria is anchoring down the nation due to continual massive incompetence.
What a strange take that is. Whatever the reason for it, the fact that some quarantine workers and their close contacts had caught it could have led to another widespread outbreak but you think the lockdown was a PR exercise? It's the same thing NZ has been doing whenever they have community cases and what WA and SA did

You're dealing with the bureaucratic class. They know nothing about the real world.

All they know is that they truly believe that they are your moral superiors, have taken hold of your taxation, and they will do what they damn well please with it, and with you.

The people need to rise up and eliminate them.
because that worked so well in the US!

its classic you reap what you so, people continually maintain the safe seats in the electorates that they live in so we have this quasi democracy.

so in a nut shell the public are getting the representation they deserve.

Did you make the same comment to Shintemaster?

It is true the SBTDTB has been dismissive of comparative outcomes as a measure of state performance during the pandemic. that can come across as perhaps being cavalier about the fatalities. It is completely unfair to say he has celebrated deaths though.

It's the same bloke who told the forum that The Huddle and AFLW would bring in big numbers of members. It's the same bloke who propagandised that voting for certain board members would bring the club political favor and insulate the future. It's the same bloke who has utilised alt accounts to shape a false consensus in support of his ideals.

It's ALL lies!

If the reader hasn't come to the conclusion that this bloke is professionally and personally politically compromised, then they qualify as a card carrying dullard.

so in a nut shell the public are getting the representation they deserve.

.........and they're getting it good and hard.

It still doesn't change the fact that the people's biggest enemy exists by sucking the blood of the people.

It's the same bloke who told the forum that The Huddle and AFLW would bring in big numbers of members. It's the same bloke who propagandised that voting for certain board members would bring the club political favor and insulate the future. It's the same bloke who has utilised alt accounts to shape a false consensus in support of his ideals.

It's ALL lies!

If the reader hasn't come to the conclusion that this bloke is professionally and personally politically compromised, then they qualify as a card carrying dullard.
If true (bolded), there is some serious concerns.

Last edited:
If true (bolded), there is some .......... concerns.

I'm not going there, but it is delusion to pass this behaviour off as being "clever", which is what he thinks he is.

Intellectually, it's actually weak and sad.

Last edited:
What a strange take that is. Whatever the reason for it, the fact that some quarantine workers and their close contacts had caught it could have led to another widespread outbreak but you think the lockdown was a PR exercise? It's the same thing NZ has been doing whenever they have community cases and what WA and SA did

I don't agree that it was face-saving but there was a strong element of panic in the latest lockdown. Just because Qld, Sa, and NZ have done something doesn't necessarily make it right. There is significantly more than a minority view that believes both the Qld and WA lockdowns were significant overreactions on the back of a single case, and in both cases panic because it was a different variant, and a lack of faith in the contact tracing infrastructure they have.

In hindsight, given that every case has been within the known bubble of close contacts, our contact tracing system did manage this. There may be a strong element of luck in that as they were well behind targets early and were bumbling around. There are anecdotes of them calling someone in the hospital with covid to tell them they had covid, and another of them not calling someone at all who was actually contacted by the Qld contact tracers. It appears we are still some way short of the "gold standard and better than NSW" that Andrews foolishly claimed two weeks ago. There is no doubt that given a similar event in NSW they would not have gone into lockdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back