Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 3 - Blues v Freo Sun April 4th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 43.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Liam Jones BOG. Freo couldn’t get it out of their defensive half with Jones shutting them down. 15 intercept possessions.

Turned himself into one of the best defenders in the game it's quite a remarkable really he was on the scrap heap as a fwd

A win on the board but not overly impressed by coaching group.
Small step forward but a 12 goal plus win and getting Samo or Dow more midfield time than Curnow would have shown some pro-active coaching was happening.
We won't win a flag with Barker as our midfield coach .

Casboult and Ed Curnow won't be in our premiership team , we have to move on from them . Wonder what there kicking efficiency was today .

You guys had no backline today and no Fyfe. You were poor today no doubt, but something like 25 %(if not more)were on the sidelines. Hardly any team in the comp could cover that many losses. I expect you to win more games than you lose at Optus (provided you get a kinder run of injuries)

Just have to hang in there as Freo fans and hope for some luck from the injury gods.

Thx Mate!

Dockers still not mature enough regardless of the injuries to get it done in Melbourne! No finals again!
We had our fair share of injuries. Yet the performance was horrible. Fair enough.

Freo won't make finals this season. That is 6 years in a row of no finals. That is not good.

Not going to get angry about it as it's a waste of energy.

Saying that... This team can win games in Melbourne. They beat Collingwood at the MCG in 2019.

They just need their full strength team on the park

Is there a more un-inspiring footballer going around than James Aish? Get ball, handball to someone else that's my job done.

Uninspiring is a good description. He just seems to cruise around the edges of games while rarely impacting anything.

The sad thing is out of the two we got together, I still prefer him to Acres. I wasn't overly enthused when we recruited for them and my opinion has only gone downhill since then.

We had our fair share of injuries. Yet the performance was horrible. Fair enough.

Freo won't make finals this season. That is 6 years in a row of no finals. That is not good.

Not going to get angry about it as it's a waste of energy.

Saying that... This team can win games in Melbourne. They beat Collingwood at the MCG in 2019.

They just need their full strength team on the park

What's up with Freo's injuries? Feels like you've had a stacked injury list since 2019.

What's up with Freo's injuries? Feels like you've had a stacked injury list since 2019.
Just been unlucky. Tried a lot of random things too.

Got rid of Jason Weber who was like the our strength and conditioning coach or head of the Medical t who we had from 2008-2020. He is now at Perth glory.

Most teams get people and staff from successful clubs. Teams have poached assistant coaches from the hawks in recent years.

Replaced him with Phil Merriman and rightfully so. Was atthe demon's from 2018-2020. The main reason we got him was he was at the hawks from 2011-17. Merriman wasn't the main person at the hawks Medical staff but he was part of it. He is now our high performance manager at Freo now.

Is a singular season win considered “holding the wood” now?

No, but I'm going off the last 2 seasons and in 2 of the 3 games Carlton have dominated the Bulldogs, and were unlucky not to win the one they lost. They've been dominating the Bulldogs similar to how the Bulldogs have been dominating us in games. Only difference is the Bulldogs have been dominating us in games for longer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cripps has been a little dirty campaigner so far, hope he gets roughed up in the 2nd half.
You should go don on big bad Cripps. Poor Freo, being picked on by nasty Cripps.

Stop being a baby.

I'm reading in this thread posters saying "ohhh carlton fans up and about".... all I'm reading is sooky Freo fans complaining about umpires.

Totally was a gutless performance by a gutless football club

Cripps has been a little dirty campaigner so far, hope he gets roughed up in the 2nd half.
I'd love to see more angry Cripps, it's exactly what we need. And understandable considering he gets manhandled every game and usually doesn't get noticed.

Carlton win against a young inexperienced side. Carrying on like absolute pork chops.

I get the feeling you aren't much of a Blues fan - oh well good luck with your rebuild - lucky you've got a war chest' - Kelly is gettable

You should go don on big bad Cripps. Poor Freo, being picked on by nasty Cripps.

Stop being a baby.

I'm reading in this thread posters saying "ohhh carlton fans up and about".... all I'm reading is sooky Freo fans complaining about umpires.

Totally was a gutless performance by a gutless football club
I don't think Carlton fans really get a say on what's considered gutless mate.

Back