Traded Joshua Schache (2015-2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

..good luck to him and his point to prove..I still have my doubts..

HERO_JoshSchacheStory.jpg

There has been noise about his being "less than totally physical" in his approach to the game well before he was traded. Certainly more than 3 months ago.

Surely he must have been aware of the rumours and whispers when he was in Lions colours

So it seems disingenuous for him to all of a sudden get "pissed off", as though it's somehow news to him .

As I said earlier.....NOW he gets pissed off:rolleyes:

There has been noise about his being "less than totally physical" in his approach to the game well before he was traded. Certainly more than 3 months ago.

Surely he must have been aware of the rumours and whispers when he was in Lions colours

So it seems disingenuous for him to all of a sudden get "pissed off", as though it's somehow news to him .

As I said earlier.....NOW he gets pissed off:rolleyes:
Very pleased we unloaded this feeble spirit,he obviously wasn't wanted around the NEAFL finals campaign....what an indictment.

Still can't find it in me to actively hate him. Just a whole bunch of disappointed mehness.

Wish him well personally but can't say I am hoping for him to become a star though. Too many positives at our club to get too caught up in it though.

Still can't find it in me to actively hate him. Just a whole bunch of disappointed mehness.

Wish him well personally but can't say I am hoping for him to become a star though. Too many positives at our club to get too caught up in it though.

So BrownDog, in the end, what do you think went wrong with Josh and the Lions?
Like you, I do not have any angst with him personally and would have preferred he stayed and bought in to our future. I will be disappointed if he turns into a gun for the dogs but that is now out of our hands. I still maintain that if Aish had stayed he would have built a quite respectable career with us...the move to Collingwood has just not worked for him - I suspect, mostly between the ears.

So BrownDog, in the end, what do you think went wrong with Josh and the Lions?

Wrong personality type... no grit. I think the club didn't help early on by not protecting him from the "chosen one" hype and it all steamrolled from there.

He wanted it to work as much as the club did but something something about a road being paved with good intentions.

"I'm not here to run around the ground and do the little things, I'm here to compete really hard and do what I need to do for the team.

Hey mate, you need to run around the field and present, tackle, you know, do those little things.

Oh...You want to just compete really hard when the ball enters your small area of the ground? The VFL sounds like your type of place!

Hey mate, you need to run around the field and present, tackle, you know, do those little things.

Oh...You want to just compete really hard when the ball enters your small area of the ground? The VFL sounds like your type of place!
Pretty sure he is completly regretting he said that. I doubt he meant it, just a slip of the tongue. If he did mean it... then he won't last long.

Pretty sure he is completly regretting he said that. I doubt he meant it, just a slip of the tongue. If he did mean it... then he won't last long.

Sure hope he doesnt mean it. Can see him in the ruck. Gets a tap off and just stands there rooted to the ground.

This practising in the ruck thing is interesting.

I think that it had to be initiated by the Bulldogs coaching staff, rather than Josh himself.

If so, you'd have to think they're trying to get him accustomed to trhe physical side of the game. In other words try to harden him up.

Could be that there a few "doubters" in the Dogs camp

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that it had to be initiated by the Bulldogs coaching staff, rather than Josh himself.

If so, you'd have to think they're trying to get him accustomed to trhe physical side of the game. In other words try to harden him up.

Could be that tere a few "doubters" in the Dogs camp
Pretty sure the whole competition had doubts considering the price paid.
And general lack of interest.

Could be that tere a few "doubters" in the Dogs camp
Give a dog a bad name, you might as well...

Hard to believe he was a #2 pick. Still soft as butter, probably played his last game at senior level last night. Picks 25 and 40 seems overs now.

In third quarter when Richmond was swarming, Dogs were desperate for that relief mark on the wing. Schache just couldn't get it done. Close but Broad outmarked and ran off him too easy.

I just don’t get it. If you get smashed from pillar to post about how soft you are, surely you make a real effort to prove people wrong. Lay a big tackle, line someone up, crash a pack. Do something. Doesn’t have to be dirty because that’s no measure of toughness, just show you don’t mind a bit of body contact.

Watched the game last night and I haven’t seen a softer footballer. Maybe Cale Morton? But he didn’t have Schache’s size.

Had high hopes after his first season. What a waste of a career.

Someone rang into SEN last night and suggested Schache might go better up in the back line....I nearly laughed. If he cant take the heat in the forward half, he sure as hell isn't going to like it in defence......the oppo might get rough with him.

Someone rang into SEN last night and suggested Schache might go better up in the back line....I nearly laughed. If he cant take the heat in the forward half, he sure as hell isn't going to like it in defence......the oppo might get rough with him.

The Liam Jones trajectory eh

The Liam Jones trajectory eh
Liam Jones has some closing speed and a bit of mongrel about him, Schache not so much, I'd take him as a mid season trade for my grandsons under 14 side though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back