Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams has had no continuity at all this season and would be a fair reason for his output, he hasn't even had a chance to find form.

However, that's been his whole career. We do seem to like chasing injury prone guys and be shocked when they can't get on the park consistently.

With GWS he's played:
2013 11 games
2014 8 games
2015 12 games
2016 22 games
2017 23 games
2018 2 games
2019 24 games
2020 11 games

Only 3 full seasons in 8 years, with the rest being around or under half a season. We shouldn't be surprised he's been nicked with us.

I think ‘embarrassment’ is not a new word to be associated with Carlton; it’s hasn’t been the dominate club it once was for some time.
Lynch and May were both captains at the GC who left the their clubs. It’s not the end of the world if players leave, three day news cycle, and then the world moves on to the next story to beat up.

I'm in the camp at the moment of thinking that the club has a very toxic culture and if they need to move on directors, coaches and players to try and fix it, I'm all for it. Not having any idea what the route cause of it all is.

Not sure on the culture, it seems quite harmonious for the players & admin, whilst the board is ticking boxes off the field. There’s been some unwanted changes off-field (some earlier than expected like Bolton & Trigg, SOS was OOC) but hopefully for the better.

Players have wanted to join the club as well, hopefully for more than any buffered monetary rewards.

We just need some tinkering to get some W’s on the board & the place>outlook will be a rosier place from outside.

Williams has had no continuity at all this season and would be a fair reason for his output, he hasn't even had a chance to find form.

However, that's been his whole career. We do seem to like chasing injury prone guys and be shocked when they can't get on the park consistently.

With GWS he's played:
2013 11 games
2014 8 games
2015 12 games
2016 22 games
2017 23 games
2018 2 games
2019 24 games
2020 11 games

Only 3 full seasons in 8 years, with the rest being around or under half a season. We shouldn't be surprised he's been nicked with us.

3 out of the last 5 though

I think the thing about Brittain was we didnt do any due process at all. Which gave Elliot more power than ever to do as he liked. And he sure did to the detriment of all. Brittain as a coach looked okay at first with a very good list at his disposal but that history doesnt read well.

I think your being a bit harsh on Brittain here, only had 2 years and, whilst there may not have been a lot of due process, pretty sure he came highly recommended by Parkin who made no secret that Brittain was doing most of the match day coaching which got us to a Granny in 2000.

Did win our first wooden spoon but I always felt that was the worst year I'd seen for injuries at Carlton.

There was absolutely no due process in Pagan's appointment. He was, however sold a huge dump by Elliott though.

Yep, people calling it a bust already is laughable. Even if he has a sh*t year i dont think he will be a bust. Clearly unable to run freely atm and is lacking touch. Needs to go back to the VFL to get some touch back. You can sometimes cover a lack of fitness or someone struggling with injury but he is diabolical when gong for the ball as he fumbles it and has no impact.

Like your optimism :thumbsupv1:
Re-read your post as if it was another teams player being talked about.

Paying a player $800+ to turn up unfit, lazy, "needs to go to the VFL to gain touch"(your words) and
has to learn a position that he wants to only play(Williams words) ..

To date the Williams acquisition has been an expensive failure, though he does have time to change that..

In the long term, it could be a great choice or if we wanted a HBF would have been a great choice (less the $$)
In hindsight the availability of Treloar (genuine midfielder, who is A grade) for less money and minimal trade, doesn't help the situation.

His a Carlton player and I'll back him in to get better, but he has a lot of work to do to be a $800+ player
($800+ contracts are for A+ grade stars) which he has never been.

I think your being a bit harsh on Brittain here, only had 2 years and, whilst there may not have been a lot of due process, pretty sure he came highly recommended by Parkin who made no secret that Brittain was doing most of the match day coaching which got us to a Granny in 2000.

Did win our first wooden spoon but I always felt that was the worst year I'd seen for injuries at Carlton.

There was absolutely no due process in Pagan's appointment. He was, however sold a huge dump by Elliott though.

Prelim.

But I'm with you, Brittain wasn't a bad coach.

Paying a player $800+ to turn up unfit, lazy, "needs to go to the VFL to gain touch"(your words) and

To date the Williams acquisition has been an expensive failure, though he does have time to change that..

In the long term, it could be a great choice or if we wanted a HBF would have been a great choice (less the $$)
In hindsight the availability of Treloar (genuine midfielder, who is A grade) for less money and minimal trade, doesn't help the situation.

His a Carlton player and I'll back him in to get better, but he has a lot of work to do to be a $800+ player

He isnt unfit/lazy, he is unfit as in has played with injuries etc....

Williams officially became a blue on october 30th October, but lets be honest, was agreed upon much earlier than that, Trealor was a last minute deal and went to the dogs on 12th November. So the two dont have any correlation.

Not only that he admitted he's still learning his midfield craft on a doorstop the other day.... are we paying Stocker/Ramsay/Carroll $800k to learn to play?

Has Teague got the strength to tell him sorry mate its either HBF or VFL?

Yesterday on RSN927 ...

183295492_1946750165500784_8227887937860299273_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams officially became a blue on october 30th October, but lets be honest, was agreed upon much earlier than that, Trealor was a last minute deal and went to the dogs on 12th November. So the two dont have any correlation.
But you would be silly, the second Treloar became available, not to have asked the question.

He'd have been a terrific get for us.

But you would be silly, the second Treloar became available, not to have asked the question.

I think I've said this before, not sure... Look at his move to the pies, he went there for a premiership, yeah he got it wrong but his motivation was really clearly laid out. I'd put money on him never entertaining carltons phone call, he chose the club he thought was closest to a flag.

Undoubtedly but I reckon I think the Pies would have been happy to sink in the sh*t of their own making than deal with us. Would have cost us a lot more than he cost the Doggies methinks.

Try not to ignore the second part in brackets.
I was referring to the new rules making the game faster and how he appears to be struggling to adapt to it so far. His injury could be exaggerating that, or it may not even be a thing, but I'm not the first to mention it.
Let's be honest, as great as Cripps is, he's probably the worst runner in the league out of the top 50 mids.

Not sure about that. He looks overweight and out of condition. If you really want to it's possible to keep yourself in great shape even if you can't play or train for match fitness. You think Walsh would appear out of shape if he became injured? I may be being harsh, but on that coin you'd expect more.

I recall most people on here were dismissive of going after him. I think most clubs were the same.

It doesn't really make sense looking back, he's always been quality and was being pushed out the door so was cheap in contract and in trade value. Wonder what put clubs off so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back