Thanks scomo, everyone knows 80% vaccinated is hard to achieve. More spin, we’ll never ‘open up’ with our current set of politicians (of all colours)

Remove this Banner Ad

And returning Aussies who are vaccinated and quote ‘ low risk to the population’ have to wait for 70% to be vaccinated? So are put in HQ with infected people.

we won’t get to move forward until the current leadership is replaced , but the scared population is clinging to them.

Your name is so apt. Politics aside, why can’t we achieve 80%?

150 days x 150,000 (200,000 vaccinated in one day at moment) = 22,500,000 vaccinations by 25 December 2021

Last edited:
Yeah no sh*t, cheers. Thats why I got it done

This threads about opening up

No s**t Sherlock. Far tougher restrictions are required on overseas arrivals. Month long quarantines in facilities outside Cities and Towns. Nothing short of 100% is a nonsense target.

What?

Are you saying the target should be 100% before opening up and no lockdowns?

Lockdowns are obviously critical. The Brisbane outbreak is dire inc because the infected med student visited both major hospitals while infectious

Your name is so apt. Politics aside, why can’t we achieve 80%?

150 days x 150,000 (200,000 vaccinated in one day at moment) = 22,500,000 vaccinations by 25 December 2021

Assuming that vax rate holds. Which it won't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok but this is where Scomo isn’t using spin for once, 80% is the number generally accepted as needed to obtain herd immunity. Anything lower than that and you increase the risk substantially of more widespread transmission and cases/deaths.

Now if we get there is another question, and if we don’t due to anti vaxxers, then there will come a point when we just say screw it and open up regardless of the vaccination percentage at that point. But for the next 4-5 months they need to entice as many people as possible to get vaccinated and giving a percentage goal/incentives helps to do that.
The 80% may be a theoretical, but not proven anywhere. UK after a massive effort is 60% double jab, but there is also residual infected people. They think the next 2-4 weeks figures in UK will bring more proof than theory. Actual verified herd immunity.
But there’s a lot more incentive to jab in UK. It does not exist in aus. Scomo knows that (and the premiers who are also in on this IMO)

No sh*t Sherlock. Far tougher restrictions are required on overseas arrivals. Month long quarantines in facilities outside Cities and Towns. Nothing short of 100% is a nonsense target.

‘people are contracting it in quarantine and leaving infected, while the people who gave it to them are coming out non infectious.
Increase to a month and the rate of this happening will go up too

There was nothing like the sight of refrigerated trailers full of bodies parked on street corners to get people literally running to get
vaccinated overseas. Fear works. Sometimes I wish the governments here would add a zero or two onto the case and death numbers
here to put the wind up people who are waiting for a good hair day or the vaccine to be the right colour. No chance of that of course
as governments all over the country pretending they have everything under control and everything is going just great and one day the
virus will just magically disappear.

Our governments have their sights firmly on their next election and fear is a easier than a competent vaccination program.

There is a Timewhen they should do what’s right. And they aren’t.

btw did people miss the bit that every state individually must reach the target too. It’s set up to fail and it won’t be scomos fault

Get vaccinated, it’s pretty simple

tenor.gif

I'll get vaccinated after they've done 5-10 years of research first.

Or ScoMo ponies up for a 100 inch tv :)

Google covid vaccinations per capita by state in Australia.

Spoiler alert:

Labour states are in front.
What?

16+ fully vaccinated %
  • Tasmania (Coalition) = 24.4%
  • Victoria (Labor) = 19.2%
  • SA (Coalition) = 19.2%
  • NSW (Coalition) = 19.1%
  • Queensland (Labor) = 18.3%
  • WA (Labor) = 16.1%

Haven't included the territories.

There's a massive amount of hesitancy about the vaccines still. Normal, reasonable people who are more than happy to put it off for as long as they can.

I reckon it slows/stalls significantly at around the 60-70% mark personally. Hope I'm wrong
Im in the uk and took my daughter (age 19 so now eligible) to a 7 day vaccination unit. No queue to speak of. Obviously not conclusive but I reckon you are right.

people here are removing the app so they don’t get ‘pinged’ but also schoolkids etc are faking positives to get off school. It will be a while before the figures show the true picture

also if your motivation is purely to be able to travel, there’s no point doing that till the ‘rest’ get near 80%. But scomo knows that. His precious’s religious cult is happily discriminatory

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back