Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
When all the data about how effective and safe they are has been collected through the numbers administered it is.

If you're hesitant because you don't know what the longer, and in this example longer is more than 18 months, term effects are - then it applies.

If you're worried about the long term effect of your MMR vaccine for your child that's flawed.

If they invented a new technology for vaccines nearly ten years ago and haven't been able to get any passed through in that time for MMR then you'd be right to ask questions, especially when the companies involved were granted immunity from side effects by governments desperate to seek a solution.

Ultimately we look at it clinically, the community on the whole is comfortable losing a small percentage of our number if it keeps the rest safe/free/productive - just as long as that small number aren't them.

Fast forward five years and if someone still doesn't want a covid-19 vaccine then it's a flawed argument.
They are literally all the arguments that are completely idiotic in the exact circumstance im talking about.

A good vocabulary and smart sounding sentences in an anti vaxx conspiracy theory laden rant are still just a conspiracy laden rant.

We've been through this before; it's people like you that RUSH to BigFooty to crow about the latest round of restrictions because it gives you some brief semblance of relevance that are the cult idiots ignoring all evidence that says your approach is far worse.

The WA and TAS hospital system is already stuffed without letting it rip, what do you think happens there when hospitals get overwhelmed?

You can't simply ignore that an overwhelmed healthcare system leads to a fu**load more people dying than a healthcare system that's not overloaded, that's not a hard thing for even someone of your belief system to grasp.
more people hospitalized in 2019 yet not a peep and never a problem. The cult won't have a bar of that though, need to parrot Scam Andrews press release ad nauseum

Hirdy is spot on, you love it atm because it's dragged everyone down to your level

I can tell you exactly why. Italy had both a significant population of workers return from China and an anti-racism campaign encouraging people to get out and show love to their asian community members. Before they identified that the virus was in the country it was out of control.

Meanwhile the racist Australian government banned travel from China.

It's all about opportunity for exposure. We didn't have a lot.

Should have done what Taiwan did and ban travel back in late Dec / early January after they couldn't get answers from China. Obviously Taiwan is / was highly exposed with the amount of travel around Asia.

Result: Peak covid numbers of 500 per day with a population similar to Australia in an area the size of Tassie. 2 months of partial lockdown and that's all she wrote for Taiwan.

Next time there's even a suspicion of a new virus pandemic I really hope we learn our lesson and shut it down immediately. Ask questions later.

They are literally all the arguments that are completely idiotic in the exact circumstance im talking about.

A good vocabulary and smart sounding sentences in an anti vaxx conspiracy theory laden rant are still just a conspiracy laden rant.

If you can provide results from five years post vaccine for covid-19 now it's absolutely idiotic to worry about that while getting vaccines that have decades of data behind them.

Yes.

I’m a construction worker but this is ******* embarrasing

View attachment 1240767
I think the lunchroom ban is really poor by the govt and the messaging theyve had about "people would kill to get back to work, just have your lunch without your mates" is completely disengenous BUT if anyone is going to make themselves look like a bunch of pricks when they actually are getting treated poorly its the unions, especially the CFMEU

If you can provide results from five years post vaccine for covid-19 now it's absolutely idiotic to worry about that while getting vaccines that have decades of data behind them.

Yes.
Would you expect the same for the myriad of other vaccines that are tweaked and toyed with year on year.

Anti vaxx gonna anti vaxx, at least have the balls to be consistent and admit it.

I can tell you exactly why. Italy had both a significant population of workers return from China and an anti-racism campaign encouraging people to get out and show love to their asian community members. Before they identified that the virus was in the country it was out of control.

Meanwhile the racist Australian government banned travel from China.

It's all about opportunity for exposure. We didn't have a lot.
yet not 1 case from Australians that returned from Wuhan
Most of our cases were from US ME EU early on
we needed the US to ban flights before we did

Likewise, I trust Pfizer a lot more than that dodgy looking bloke at the trance club who had green Mitzis

Yep, anyone who reckons that vaccines are "experimental" are nuts. To start with there had already been plenty of research on coronavirus vaccines through SARS, MERS, Swineful etc. Secondly, funding was not an issue with worldwide cooperation. Neither was finding vaccine trial participants with a worldwide effort. And lastly, the biggest delay in vaccine development bureaucratic paperwork was mostly eliminated due to the urgent need of slowing the pandemic down.

Yep, anyone who reckons that vaccines are "experimental" are nuts. To start with there had already been plenty of research on coronavirus vaccines through SARS, MERS, Swineful etc. Secondly, funding was not an issue with worldwide cooperation. Neither was finding vaccine trial participants with a worldwide effort. And lastly, the biggest delay in vaccine development bureaucratic paperwork was mostly eliminated due to the urgent need of slowing the pandemic down.
No, no, no.

5 years data minimum. Nothing less is acceptable.

more people hospitalized in 2019 yet not a peep and never a problem

Why do you think that is? What did they do in 2020 and 2021 that might have reduced strain on the healthcare system?

It's a mystery to you I'm sure.

Hirdy is spot on, you love it atm because it's dragged everyone down to your level

Hirdy and you would definitely agree, no doubt. Similar intellects, similar shit takes.

I think the lunchroom ban is really poor by the govt and the messaging theyve had about "people would kill to get back to work, just have your lunch without your mates" is completely disengenous BUT if anyone is going to make themselves look like a bunch of pricks when they actually are getting treated poorly its the unions, especially the CFMEU

I thought this was moreso in reaction to them being told they have to have the jab?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do you think that is? What did they do in 2020 and 2021 that might have reduced strain on the healthcare system?

It's a mystery to you I'm sure.

Hirdy and you would definitely agree, no doubt. Similar intellects, similar sh*t takes.
His answer is dont test and it goes away

also stop funding soicalist healthcare

Would you expect the same for the myriad of other vaccines that are tweaked and toyed with year on year.

Anti vaxx gonna anti vaxx, at least have the balls to be consistent and admit it.

Yeah, if they had a new vaccine technology each year I'd prefer the previously used for decades method.

It's at the point where if the state government's had wanted to, they could have nurse trainees in the hospitals by now. Instead, to hide the massive shortage of staff, they can require everyone is vaccinated and if a few decide to retire instead - well all the staffing shortfall is due to evil anti-vaxxers.
As I know lots of people in medical takes years to train.
They all burnt out now and heaps leaving before COVID.
Not really a rewarding job $ wise and takes it out of you emotional wise.

They get lot of medical people from overseas.. Although that has stopped as those countries need extra now as well.

Health is not as cool as opening a railway crossing or a new tollway.. Or promising carparks to train stations to pork barrel seats

I thought this was moreso in reaction to them being told they have to have the jab?
Fridays stuff was about the lunchrooms.

I know a few sites today are still protesting the lunchrooms as well.

Not sure about this one. Jab and Regional/Metro ban are reasonable IMO (most of the tier 1 and 2 builders will tell you behind closed doors they are happy with those mandates albeit regional one is a bit of work to manage).

Lunchrooms is ridiculous, no workplace would stand for that anywhere else.

As I know lots of people in medical takes years to train.
They all burnt out now and heaps leaving before COVID.
Not really a rewarding job $ wise and takes it out of you emotional wise.

They get lot of medical people from overseas.. Although that has stopped as those countries need extra now as well.

Health is not as cool as opening a railway crossing or a new tollway.. Or promising carparks to train stations to pork barrel seats

The reality is that results are for private enterprise, promises are for public policy.

People vote for the dream, punish for the reality.

Nothing there to suggest that the govt's intention is to maintain lockdowns on the 'pause' basis

The AMA have been going to the extreme in all their commentary.
Pretty sure I heard Dan say it himself yesterday although did spend the 20 mins listening dropping words the kids should not hear :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back