Player Watch #41: Mabior Chol - FA to GC

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I agree with all that mate, I just wish we could have hung on to Marbs, he's got so much raw talent, x-factor and a very high ceiling if he can put it all together. I would have loved to put him into Jack's role in 2023 with Nank and Soldo mostly handling the ruck duties.

I reckon he would have complimented them really well if he could spend only 5-10% of a game rucking, come in pretty fresh late in games and just jump all over the top of tired and sore oppo rucks. As a forward he's mobile and ready enough to compliment Lynch well.

If Sampson lives up to his potential 2-3yrs down the track and both Nank and/or Soldo are available most weeks in the meantime, we'll be fine.
This is an absolute crock of s**t. Marbs has had 6 years to make the grade and reach the standard the club requires from him. What did you want the club to do, Rookie him for another 4 years? You'd be screaming 'but, but he's got potential' When we finally dumped him after 10 years. Wake up! he does not deliver the level of performance required. He is soft at the contest and I and many others here on BF were celebrating when it was confirmed he was finally on the way out. Any compo for him is bonus time.

Also the club did not want to keep him. The offer he was given was never going to keep him at Richmond.

This is an absolute crock of sh*t. Marbs has had 6 years to make the grade and reach the standard the club requires from him. What did you want the club to do, Rookie him for another 4 years? You'd be screaming 'but, but he's got potential' When we finally dumped him after 10 years. Wake up! he does not deliver the level of performance required. He is soft at the contest and I and many others here on BF were celebrating when it was confirmed he was finally on the way out. Any compo for him is bonus time.

Also the club did not want to keep him. The offer he was given was never going to keep him at Richmond.

LMAO...'lockdown rant' much? ;)

I'm comfortable about the fact that my opinion coincides exactly with Dimma's many comments on the subject - you're welcome to assert that you're the better judge.

“[h]e’s got a fantastic opportunity, four years up at Gold Coast – and I think he’s only scratching the surface of what he could become,” Hardwick told AFL 360.

“He’s looking forward to the change and I think, in fairness, he probably needs a change as well. But he can be a talent, that lad.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 38 compo is great news though, good luck to Choly, will definitely miss him being a Tiger - will still support him as a sun.

So, if Chol is 'worth' pick 38 - tell me again why pick 38 is fair for CCJ nth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back