Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 7: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Do you go to the doctor when you aren't sick? So I should be going to see a regular GP for social visits when I'm not sick?

If/when I'm sick I'll see a doctor to diagnose and treat me. Haven't been to one for at least 15 years for anything other than routine blood work.
Social visits? No.

But a regular check up certainly hurts nobody.

You could even chat to them about Covid and vaccines.

But again your Internet knowledge is clearly better.

I could link you to dozens of “I’m healthy” type operators that have got Covid and been absolutely cooked or even died from it. But I won’t convince you.

You live in WA I’m assuming so you’re completely removed from Covid. I get it. But don’t sit here and act like you’re smarter than doctors and everyone else because you’re “waiting for Novavax”.

If everyone was like you the world would be rooted.

That's another problem, I've never really thought about this, once vax passports kick in the amount of staff just doing their job will come across anti vaxxers that that are being denied entry, which could be very problematic. As mentioned some of those staff will just school aged kids so that's concerning.

Especially when you have mentally unstable people like our friend TT who goes to retail places to deliberately pick fights and arguments with those underage staff. I don't think vax passports could properly work anyway unless it was an individualised QR sticker on the back of your drivers licence, as you could easily screenshot someone elses passport and pretend you're them especially with no photo ID.

At the end of the day I still think the best course of action for the deliberately unvaxxed (genuine exemption is excluded) is to either introduce a 10% Medicare Levy tax in their tax returns for the burden they will impose on the health system and also no access to normal hospital systems - treatment in triage tents only in the car park. I'd be filthy if an unvaxxed person was ahead of me to get into a hospital if I or a family member needed it.

Especially when you have mentally unstable people like our friend TT who goes to retail places to deliberately pick fights and arguments with those underage staff. I don't think vax passports could properly work anyway unless it was an individualised QR sticker on the back of your drivers licence, as you could easily screenshot someone elses passport and pretend you're them especially with no photo ID.

At the end of the day I still think the best course of action for the deliberately unvaxxed (genuine exemption is excluded) is to either introduce a 10% Medicare Levy tax in their tax returns for the burden they will impose on the health system and also no access to normal hospital systems - treatment in triage tents only in the car park. I'd be filthy if an unvaxxed person was ahead of me to get into a hospital if I or a family member needed it.
Are they allowed to drink water?

Would you blame the govt if they said they'll still wait for October 26 if the 70% is reached before that - based on current case numbers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does it maybe mean that today's high numbers are averaging out the lower numbers from the past few days and the spread is actually still flat?

This is the most likely explanation. 7 day Reff still down, 5 day Reff only slightly up. Record testing day. The Reff close to 1 is the main thing - once it gets below 1 and stays there, things will improve.

It was 2 weeks ago we had the spike from the GF stuff. Maybe it's the day 13 tests coming back
For all day 13 tests to be conducted on the same day that would mean everyone entered isolation on the exact same day. Should we expect day 13 tests to account for this number of extra cases over the next coming days then?

Scientists around the world have received threats of death and sexual assault after speaking to the media about Covid-19, a survey has revealed.

Of 321 scientists asked by Nature magazine, 15% said they had received death threats and 22% had been threatened with physical or sexual violence as a result of talking publicly about the pandemic.

Two-thirds said they had had a negative experience after appearing in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back