Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe 'scientists' do whatever they are paid to do.

They're not some saintly class of people.

They do what they are paid to do.
You see, this is what I don't get.

Extreme paranoia, skepticism and distrust for pretty much everything and everyone - except random shonks on the internet.

It's a very strange thing.

I don't necessarily mind skepticism. But it's the contradiction that puzzles me.

Like the dude on here that yells at people for not thinking for themselves - but then regurgitates other people's opinions and comments from Twitter, YouTube and Facebook constantly.

Strange stuff.

I'd be quite interested in diving further into this as it pops up in discussion a fair bit. If a person is managing a contributing health issue fairly well, e.g. they're on medication to manage a heart issue that is keeping it under control allowing them to live a "healthy" life and then they contract covid and die in hospital. It would seem to me that the death is due to covid, as if they didn't contract it they would likely have continued on their merry way.

But, do others see a situation like that as different? I'm genuinely curious. I'd imagine the term "contributing health issue" could be very broadly applied.
I have an underlying health issue (asthma) that I've been hospitalised with before. But not for years, though I still take daily medication and am totally fine to play sports, exercise, etc.

Being a respiratory condition I'm probably ****ed if I catch covid. But I guess that doesn't matter and I'm just an unhealthy weakling because I have an underlying health issue.

The way people wave off anyone who dies from covid while having some pre existing health issue is sickening. Its like they're a lesser person and their death doesn't matter.

Literally, some of them advocate to just let the virus rip because only people with an underlying health issue will suffer. Never mind that so many are natural born issues and not lifestyle related.

Whenever I see that argument, I just send whatever they said straight to the bin. That blatant disregard for people you deem physically unworthy should void you from any discussion. Its an entirely other level to simply a differing opinion.

OK. Can you show me evidence that points to this not being the case?
I don't work inside one of these companies, I don't know what policies they have in place to ensure customer safety.

I do know they put profits ahead of ethics, though:

(This is the part where you defend a multi billion dollar criminal organisation, and call me names or whatever)

I'm not sure.

So you have never even looked into this, and yet here you are, parroting the government stats.

do you think hospitals all over the world have decided to universally fudge their covid results to increase their funding?

Businesses take free money when offered by the government. I think you know this.

This is not for failing products, this is for deceptive practice.

Good point, they were only done for deception.

I don't work inside one of these companies, I don't know what policies they have in place to ensure customer safety.
I do know they put profits ahead of ethics, though:
(This is the part where you defend a multi billion dollar criminal organisation, and call me names or whatever)

Don't start getting condescending again... we're engaging in good discussion, don't be the one that derails it.

You're shifting the conversation away from my question. I'm not talking about the company as a whole, I'm talking about the scientists that are doing the work. You commented with "if", referring to my point that they are being paid to develop treatments/medications. Do you have evidence that points to these scientists not doing this?

Please don't shift the discussion away from what is actually being asked.

So you have never even looked into this, and yet here you are, parroting the government stats.
I wasn't actually parroting government stats at any point in our discussion so I'm not quite sure why you said this. However, I did ask if you had any information on this, but you haven't given anything yet.

Businesses take free money when offered by the government. I think you know this.
I'm fully aware that this happens. However, I'm asking if you think this has happened on a GLOBAL scale. Every hospital in the world forming some kind of scheme to simultaneously fudge results for more funding. If that's your opinion then OK. I'd love to see the information that lead you to this opinion.

I notice you didn't reply at all to the question asking your opinion of the historical cancer 5yr survival rate data. Can you respond to that? I'd rather that not get left behind in the discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking about the scientists that are doing the work.

What work?

They do whatever they are paid to do, by multi billion dollar criminal organisations.

I'm asking if you think this has happened on a GLOBAL scale.

Wherever the government is offering extra money for covid cases, there will be hospitals recording extra 'covid' patients.

Anybody who believes otherwise is naive in the extreme.

Who are you referring to? Or are you just making things up again?
What information are you seeing to form the opinion that you dont trust any pharmaceutical companies and that the whole thing is just a moneymaking conspiracy? You said you don't trust any scientists, so who are you trusting to devise that this whole thing is a scam?

Also you haven't answered my question. Do you ever go to the doctor?

What work?
They do whatever they are paid to do, by multi billion dollar criminal companies.

So we're going around in circles here. They are paid to do research and development on treatments/medications, including their clinical trial process. Can you show evidence that points to this not being the case. I'm genuinely curious to see this.

Also... once again... can you respond to the historical cancer data I provided you?

Oh no. I've been sucked in by another bot.
The TV has convinced you that so-called 'anti vaxxers' all get their opinions from facebook and some celebrity chef guy.

It is not the case.

Some of us think for ourselves, we don't need authorities to tell us what to believe.

This may be difficult for you to imagine.

You mean the data from 100 years ago?
What would you like me to say?
I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence from, say, the last twenty years or so.
The fact that you cannot do so speaks volumes.

The relevance of the data is that it shows that the 5yr survival rates from cancer pre-treatment was 20% or below (for some it was 0). I'm unsure how this is not relevant to the original discussion we were having. Can you explain why it is not relevant apart from an "it's old" statement? I'd like you to comment on why you think 5yr survival rates have improved since then if not from chemo/radiotherapy treatment developments.

You originally stated: "When I went looking for evidence to support my pre-existing belief, what I found changed everything."
To which I asked if you could point me to that information.
I also asked if you could provide any evidence that scientists weren't being paid to develop treatment options.
You haven't provided either of those yet so does that allow me to use your "The fact that you cannot do so speaks volumes." line?

Last edited:
The way people wave off anyone who dies from covid while having some pre existing health issue is sickening. Its like they're a lesser person and their death doesn't matter.

Literally, some of them advocate to just let the virus rip because only people with an underlying health issue will suffer. Never mind that so many are natural born issues and not lifestyle related.

Hate to break it you mate but unfortunately, life is exactly that. The fittest survive.
We see it in the animal kingdom every day. With human kind about to exceed 8 billion people, perhaps it is only a matter of time before mother nature (or ourselves) have a big say in those numbers.

Those with underlying health issues or not, it will always be that way. Call it sickening if you want, it's just a fact of life.

Hate to break it you mate but unfortunately, life is exactly that. The fittest survive.
We see it in the animal kingdom every day. With human kind about to exceed 8 billion people, perhaps it is only a matter of time before mother nature (or ourselves) have a big say in those numbers.

Those with underlying health issues or not, it will always be that way. Call it sickening if you want, it's just a fact of life.
Yes, some people being more vulnerable is a fact of life.

Saying "just let it rip because it will only kill people with other health issues" is heartless and inhumane, and not worth discussing.

Back