Rumour Bailey Smith mental health

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, a bloke suffering from mental health issues should not have fun and lock themselves indoors. That ought to do it.

If you start getting help for mental health and you're in the middle of a party/drinking phase, one of the first things any medical professional will say, is maybe, give that a break for a while? But you would know more about that than everyone else I suppose.

Is anyone lucky enough to get these ‘Runaway’ ads? Smoking!

That is fine but then don’t sign up for a National competition, accept all the commercial benefits and put caveats on who can draft you. If it is mental or emotional don’t tempt fate, just stay local and play in a state league competition. Demanding both which many seem to do is wanting your cake and eating it too.

In this case he clearly has some mental health issues and that requires empathy and understanding from all…
He can work wherever he wants.

Really? Then why are we going through the procession of a draft? Just work wherever you want and cut out the middle man.
The system is currently set up that players can dictate exactly where they want to play in most scenarios. If you don’t like it that’s completely fine but that’s how it is.

Usually one doesn't get a doctor to write up where one can work and where they can't when they are first getting in to an industry
Most people get to select their location when they first get into an industry

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Usually one doesn't get a doctor to write up where one can work and where they can't when they are first getting in to an industry
Usually the company wouldn't hire you, Nor you wouldnt have a choice which state you land in for the job

I guess with such a valuable skill such as Smith you can? Is it jealousy?

Genuine Mental Health illnesses are rarer than people think. Stuff like BPD and Schizophrenia are mental illnesses. He's NOT mentally ill. He's just feeling depressed. It's a Western Phenomenon to feel depressed.

This is like saying the flu isn't an illness because cancer and aids are worse.

Usually the company wouldn't hire you, Nor you wouldnt have a choice which state you land in for the job

I guess with such a valuable skill such as Smith you can? Is it jealousy?

Yes, it is jealousy of those who can manipulate their work and also the medical system. Wish I could get doctors to write me up a note every time something was a bit hard. Wish I could get back in to my therapist after six months of system backlog.

Yes, it is jealousy of those who can manipulate their work and also the medical system. Wish I could get doctors to write me up a note every time something was a bit hard. Wish I could get back in to my therapist after six months of system backlog.
Would need to know the background of the person and what is going through their head before you could determine whether they are manipulating their work or not. Impossible to tell unless you talk to the the person. Everyone has hard times, but people respond in different ways to it and it can take a lifetime to change a way of thinking.

This is like saying the flu isn't an illness because cancer and aids are worse.
It's not at all anything like that.

It's a good thing that we are taking mental health more seriously but we also need to be careful that we don't conflate issues and make people think they are suffering an 'illness' when what is happening is perfectly normal. Feeling grief after someone dies is not an illness, it's a normal human reaction, feeling sad after a break-up is a normal human reaction, feeling anxious about a stressful situation is a normal human reaction. All of these can become persistent and develop into what we would call an illness.

Taking time off to 'deal with your mental health' is really no different to what we used to call taking some time 'to sort my s**t out'. It's a good thing and should be encouraged, but I don't see it as an illness. And we should be equally wary of labelling people as 'ill' in those situations as that also has the potential to exacerbate the issue.

It's not at all anything like that.

It's a good thing that we are taking mental health more seriously but we also need to be careful that we don't conflate issues and make people think they are suffering an 'illness' when what is happening is perfectly normal. Feeling grief after someone dies is not an illness, it's a normal human reaction, feeling sad after a break-up is a normal human reaction, feeling anxious about a stressful situation is a normal human reaction. All of these can become persistent and develop into what we would call an illness.

Taking time off to 'deal with your mental health' is really no different to what we used to call taking some time 'to sort my sh*t out'. It's a good thing and should be encouraged, but I don't see it as an illness. And we should be equally wary of labelling people as 'ill' in those situations as that also has the potential to exacerbate the issue.

The post I was responding to seemed to be implying that depression was not a mental illness and also that it's a western phenomenon (japan literally has a forest famous for suicides), and was also making claims about Smith that have in no way been confirmed. The only evidence that he is taking time off for mental health related reasons are circumstantial.

Spoken like someone who has no ******* clue about mental health. Cool. Go to your doctor and maybe get a write up about things which get a bit hard. Sounds like you probably need to step away and think about it rather then spewing s**t on an internet forum dude. Go get a doctors note about it. I highly recommend you do :thumbsu:

And watch the sport become like the EPL which in Australia is unsustainable. The AFL is a great sport because every club and supporters have hope. Anyway, you entitled Victorian’s will never change and are not worth the oxygen.
No AFL has a salary cap and list sizes unlike the EPL. Take a look at other Australian National sporting leagues, all have salary caps, none have a draft. Don’t need to compare to what’s going on in England when we can see what’s going on in this country.

NSW people think they are entitled to young kids that have worked hard for themselves, their own dreams.

Every club and supporter can have hope if they work hard and build their club and region up to where players want and choose to play there.

Spoken like someone who has no ******* clue about mental health. Cool. Go to your doctor and maybe get a write up about things which get a bit hard. Sounds like you probably need to step away and think about it rather then spewing sh*t on an internet forum dude. Go get a doctors note about it. I highly recommend you do :thumbsu:
Spoken like someone that has no clue about other people and other situations.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Based on the tone of this thread & some of social media comments I feel like Baz is going to cop a lot of unwanted opposition supporter attention in 2022. Hope he can deal with it !

Remove this Banner Ad

Back