Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

A few months ago I probably would have agreed with you.....not now though as the figures show that this thing is not going away and we have opened up most of the borders, we have to learn to live with it by getting vaxxed and taking our own precautions by still being vigilant i.e masks, hand hygeine and keeping a distance if possible when talking to people....if people choose not to do those things then fine but consequences are on them.

At this stage of the virus all we should have to show is our QR and vaxx record. We have to get people travelling, open all boarders to come and go like we did before but with a couple of tweeks like I mentioned, nothing more and the economy needs it too.....but to have Police doing check-ups on people now is abborant imo....as my old mum said it like back in the Nazi days.

Police should be doing Police work like catching crims, solving crimes.....we are not a Police governed nation and should never at any stage get to that.

(and there were Police everywhere checking people at the airport when family landed last night too. Terrible, it was done before they left. Just had a phone call to say they have had a call this morning to make sure they arrived, are where they said they would be and will get called every day to check in. Geezuz, way way over the top treatment now, early days of the virus yes, not now! Unbelievable. Family do need to do several Covid tests while in lockup, no problem with that though)

Thats all it should be, QR, vaxx and testing.
Regarding the bolded
I get it that you believe everything is over the top getting into Queensland but the Nazi reference now that is a bit over the top.
Police everywhere at the Airport. Good to see as everyone would have been processed quicker than if say only two officers present
Called every day to check on them. That and other things would have been well known before they started on this travel before December 17th when things will change
The alternative was the dreaded hotel quarantine so a much better scenario for people wanting to move now. But things will change Dec 17th or earlier

Looking to the near future i agree that Qld, WA, SA, NT, will have to look at streamlining border entry requirements. But will they??.

However until we return to no restrictions:-
I think a Vaccine passport should be enough for air travel together with a confirmed text that covid 19 test is negative. Maybe a follow up test if coming from a hotspot.
Road border restrictions are another thing altogether. You either police them or you don't. If you don't then fines with spot checks are the only way to stop people doing the wrong thing. And plenty of people will do the wrong thing
Queensland will reduce restrictions by 17th December but it is the period after that is a bit of a concern
The talk is 90% double vaxed. Why do politicians from all parties think it needs to be a number that ends in a Zero. First it was 70, then 80 now 90
I think 85% is a number that is now achievable for 12 years + fairly soon. But 90 % is estimated to be Jan/Feb in Queensland not sure about the other states
All states have now passed the 85% of 16 +years first dose. By Dec 17th all States should pass 80%
Of course 5 to 11 year old's unlikely to get TGA approval until Jan 2022

I am hopeful that most things will be back to normality by Jan 2022 unless that South Africa variant arrives

Last edited:
So what does that mean for the non medical people here?
I had a read through it and there is a lot of medical and mathematical terminology that is over my head but this is the last sentence from the abstract that pricked my curiosity >

We conclude that the mRNA vacs dramatically increase inflammation on the endothelium and T cell infiltration of cardiac muscle and may account for the observations of increased thrombosis, cardiomyopathy, and other vascular events following vaccination.

So what does that mean for the non medical people here?
Roughly, it looks to be claiming to help explain certain rare side-effects which have already been noticed.

It is extremely preliminary - giving a talk on a subject at a conference is generally a step short of actually publishing a paper (a quite considerable step short, except in computer science). However, this abstract of a conference talk has some issues:
Soon after publication of the above abstract in Circulation, it was brought to the American Heart Association Committee on Scientific Sessions Program’s attention that there are potential errors in the abstract. Specifically, there are several typographical errors, there is no data in the abstract regarding myocardial T-cell infiltration, there are no statistical analyses for significance provided, and the author is not clear that only anecdotal data was used.
We are publishing this Expression of Concern until a suitable correction is published to indicate that the abstract in its current version may not be reliable.
- https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/abs/10.1161/CIR.0000000000001051

There are further problems. The PULS test is not a test of inflammation per se - but rather a test for the expression of a panel of 9 proteins which whose expression is, together, dubiously predictive of cardiac events (many medical tests are like that - that's not bad in and of itself, but you need to remember what you're measuring because it may become important later). The abstract only mentions three of them, however. Which is odd (some might say, "suspicious"). The error bars on these numbers are also extremely wide - it's a weak, preliminary study.

Then you get onto what this actual means. IL-16, for example, encodes for a protein which is... wait for it... part of the immune response. Perhaps it's also elevated for reasons to do with heart disease, but finding a protein associated with the immune response is elevated right after you get a vaccine is, um, not surprising. And not, in and of itself, indicative any way of a heart problem. More that you got a vaccine that was doing its job.

Ok, so let's go onto soluable Fas.
wikipedia said:
Fas ligand/receptor interactions play an important role in the regulation of the immune system and the progression of cancer.

Ok, but surely hepatocyte growth factor isn't also part of the immune system?
wikipedia said:
It is secreted by mesenchymal cells and targets and acts primarily upon epithelial cells and endothelial cells...
Oh, phew. Wait, what did I put those dots there for?
the rest of the sentence said:

Son of a...

-----

tl;dr: typo-laden abstract for a poster finds, with low statistical power, that patients in an uncontrolled study who got a vaccine had, several weeks later, biomarkers associated with "getting a vaccine".

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/show/rowe...-condition-after-covid-jab-reports-rowey/?amp

“A Crows top-up player two weeks ago got his first COVID jab… he presented symptoms to the club doctor who acted immediately and sent him to the RAH… after testing he was diagnosed with pericarditis… it’s the swelling of the outer tissue of the heart, it’s scary…

“He spent a day in hospital… his cardiologist has said for three months no exercise and he’s on medication.

“Our understanding after a number of phone calls today – his prognosis is very good. He’ll make a full recovery and I say thank God.

https://www.fiveaa.com.au/show/rowe...-condition-after-covid-jab-reports-rowey/?amp

“A Crows top-up player two weeks ago got his first COVID jab… he presented symptoms to the club doctor who acted immediately and sent him to the RAH… after testing he was diagnosed with pericarditis… it’s the swelling of the outer tissue of the heart, it’s scary…

“He spent a day in hospital… his cardiologist has said for three months no exercise and he’s on medication.

“Our understanding after a number of phone calls today – his prognosis is very good. He’ll make a full recovery and I say thank God.

Pretty sure blood clots and cardiac arrest are just a sign the vax is working.

Experienced being asked for my vaccine passport today. The world we live in today.
Didn't even know that it started today until your post, I walked into Coles and another business this morning without being asked for it, I don't have a phone capable of the check in stuff so I guess I'll have to get a hard copy of my vaccine status printed out so I can show my papers when asked.

Didn't even know that it started today until your post, I walked into Coles and another business this morning without being asked for it, I don't have a phone capable of the check in stuff so I guess I'll have to get a hard copy of my vaccine status printed out so I can show my papers when asked.
Masks back tomorrow if going indoors somewhere.

Only twice have I been asked to show proof of vaccination, both at Aged Care facilities, now noted by them.....have never been asked going into any shops.

I wear a mask at all times when going anywhere near people...even if not required too. I have no problem wearing them. Until all these damn virus's disappear I will wear them.

Funnily enough this latest Omicron one doesnt bother me as much as the Covid...we'll see how it goes I guess.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NBA is experiencing its highest rate of players going in to quarantine for “health and safety protocols”.

To the point that games are being postponed, as teams don’t have enough players to suit up.

The NBA is experiencing its highest rate of players going in to quarantine for “health and safety protocols”.

To the point that games are being postponed, as teams don’t have enough players to suit up.
Aren't the players vaccinated or a large percentage of them?

NHL has also started their christmas break 2 days early because of the number of cases, NFL is moving multiple games this week also
Curious that the reported USA cases look relatively low compared to Europe, but we haven’t seen so many sporting players under covid protocols in these numbers before.

Curious that the reported USA cases look relatively low compared to Europe, but we haven’t seen so many sporting players under covid protocols in these numbers before.

America isn't testing as much, are not contact tracing, and definitely not proactively - unlike their sports leagues.

In a few weeks we'll have 250,000 cases a day in Australia according to channel 7

Media....
I thought this must be miss reporting of a figure. But link below confirms the number and referrers to "Doherty Institute Modeling"
Even if the modeling was a TOTAL of 250.000 i doubt we get anywhere that figure
They mention a date of late January (about 30 days) or early February say 40 days

Just looked at Coronavirus worldometer for some figures
Total world number of new daily cases from yesterday was +558,958

The top 10 are:

USA....... +143,530
UK.......... +91,743
Russia..... +27,022
Spain...... +26,568
Germany.. +21,710
Turkey..... +18,762
Italy......... +16,213
France....... +15,075
Vietnam..... +14,977
Netherlands +12,154

link to worldometers if anyone interested

not sure that many people across the nation would get tested in a single day to produce such a number
80000 a day in Vic for Xmas holidays n legit crookness ...I have to get one on Xmas morning to travel to Magnetic Island...72 hours prior then another 5 days after I arrive. Risky stuff

I thought this must be miss reporting of a figure. But link below confirms the number and referrers to "Doherty Institute Modeling"
Even if the modeling was a TOTAL of 250.000 i doubt we get anywhere that figure
They mention a date of late January (about 30 days) or early February say 40 days

Just looked at Coronavirus worldometer for some figures
Total world number of new daily cases from yesterday was +558,958

The top 10 are:

USA....... +143,530
UK.......... +91,743
Russia..... +27,022
Spain...... +26,568
Germany.. +21,710
Turkey..... +18,762
Italy......... +16,213
France....... +15,075
Vietnam..... +14,977