Autopsy 2022 Rd 8 3rd Quarter Blue Blitz Downs the Crows

Who played well for the Blues in Round 8 vs the Crows?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmmm, Fisher equal 2nd with Durdin, behind Walsh for forward half pressure

Not bad for for a bloke playing the free role forward of centre and hitting the scoreboard more than our other small forwards
It astounds me that with equal numbers on the field that the Cows couldn't work out that he was the free man and allocate him an opponent.

It astounds me that with equal numbers on the field that the Cows couldn't work out that he was the free man and allocate him an opponent.
It begs the question, does Fisher actually exist or is he a figment of our collective imagination?

Obviously for Adelaide he supposedly didn't exist as he was free roaming by himself

Hmmm, Fisher equal 2nd with Durdin, behind Walsh for forward half pressure

Not bad for for a bloke playing the free role forward of centre and hitting the scoreboard more than our other small forwards

I've been very critical of Fisher's output over the last 12-18 months but he's starting to prove me wrong.

However before I can completely jump on his bandwagon I need to see him bring it consistently against high quality sides.

Wedged in between good displays against Port, North and the Crows was a shocker against Freo so his next couple games will be intriguing.

2011 with Judd and co

Thanks Wickz.

Finished 5th for the year & eliminated * 1st week of the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

....and I'm back.

God what a fun day at the footy. Perfect game for my first in 2022.

Just absolutely dominant, especially the 3rd quarter. 25,000 felt like 70,000.

Crippa is the best player in the league right now. Curnow/McKay the best forward combo(Hawkins loves a push in the back of his opponent, Cameron is a crab).

Jordan Boyd has the hunger, three games in and already one of my favourites.

Cerra's best game in navy blue. Silky smooth.

I've noticed this and the North game saw us hold off a bit in the first half and conserve energy. Great shift in philosophy from Voss and co.

Tough few weeks coming up, but if we're the real deal, we should win the next four.

Watching all the nice goals from yesterday's games reminds me of the Bolton era where players refused to take a snap at goal... rather they would try and find a better positioned player and turn the ball over.
Thanks for reminding me of that infuriating trait. So many times I'd yell out "JUST KICK THE ****** THING!" as they were flicking off the 7th handball inside 50 hoping for someone to miraculously become available in the ideal position and under no pressure.

How a 200cm+ dude can be flying full pelt at a fence and not hurt the trainer, the crowd or himself is a bloody good effort!

Michael Voss has given him enough confidence that he can do anything.

I've been very critical of Fisher's output over the last 12-18 months but he's starting to prove me wrong.

However before I can completely jump on his bandwagon I need to see him bring it consistently against high quality sides.

Wedged in between good displays against Port, North and the Crows was a shocker against Freo so his next couple games will be intriguing.

Not sure I would single out a player in that game. No matter what some players do, some will always focus on their errors/weaknesses to try and justify their opinion, rather than acknowledging what evolves and not listing them as an automatic out for some fictional better option

Said at the start of the season, if Fisher was allowed to play his position of strength, HHF coming up to the fringe of stoppages, he would play his best footy and that's what's happening

Last edited:
Back