Radio 1116 SEN 2024 Line-up

Remove this Banner Ad

Listening to Gary Lyon & Tim Watson on radio the other morning was a classic example of being focussed on one sport an one sport only. Overnight an enthralling Test concluded at Trent Bridge whilst the NZ All Whites had there WC Qualifier v Costa Rica, ironically both were covered on radio by the SEN Network. Gary starts off by saying what a surprise that England beat NZ stating the game was headed for a dull draw so something must of happened. Negative there, the game was always going to get a result and a draw wasn’t one of them. Bairstow & Stokes scored at 8 an over and got the runs with overs to spare. Then they flipped over to the Soccer ⚽️ (Football) had no idea what the result was, suddenly found it and said “oh NZ lost 1-0, so they’re out”. Better off saying nothing than talking rot.

Would that be more the fault of the production team though?

Don't think too many are interested in New Zealand soccer anyway for the most part lol.

Would that be more the fault of the production team though?

Don't think too many are interested in New Zealand soccer anyway for the most part lol.

garry and tim have input into the show though.

maybe not, but it is a world cup qualifier. And they mentioned that it was going to happen the day of Australia qualifying.

Interesting reading some of the social media comments on Trackside. In one post someone said how they had lost 10k thanks to Miles Pfitzner. I think it was a troll but did get me thinking.

I don't bet myself but happy for others to do it but I don't like the way gamberling is presented on Trackside. I think there is a big difference in how TAB/ RSN presenters and experts do their tips compared to Trackside.

Also the Trackside announcers are not using their own money. A big difference to those at home.

Interesting reading some of the social media comments on Trackside. In one post someone said how they had lost 10k thanks to Miles Pfitzner. I think it was a troll but did get me thinking.

I don't bet myself but happy for others to do it but I don't like the way gamberling is presented on Trackside. I think there is a big difference in how TAB/ RSN presenters and experts do their tips compared to Trackside.

Also the Trackside announcers are not using their own money. A big difference to those at home.
yes,they do it in a nefarious way,as many have mentioned countless times,its the equivelant of listening to random blokes down at the local drivelling on endlessly about gambling and horse racing....sheeeesh🥱

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shove that up your arse Deeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrwayne you giant knob. :tearsofjoy:
:tearsofjoy:
Dwayne came down to Colac to coach in the HFL (b4 Colac moved to the GFL). We had a bloke at Mortlake at the time who was very, very scary, Jason Mifsud’s brother Robbie. Robbie was as wide as he was tall and arguably the strongest man I’ve ever seen. Robbie used look out for us young blokes. Dwayne tried throwing his weight around one day and there was a bit of a stink, us kids were ushered off the ground and all hell broke loose, I distinctly remember the sound of a cheekbone snapping. Play resumed and I got cleaned out on the wing by a good and normally fair player who is no longer with us. As I lay on the ground dazed and confused, another stink started and big Robbie just started tossing Colac player out one by one. Dwayne thought he’d put a stop to this but Robbie picked him up by the throat and lifted him off the ground like he was a blow up doll. Don’t reckon I’ve ever seen fear in a man’s 👀 like I saw in Dwayne that day, he deadset s**t himself.

A few years later I rang in to Sports Today on 3AW and said I was Robbie Mifsud and wanted to talk to Dwayne…he dumped me but then had to explain to Gerard Healy why he dumped the call.

Might be time to do it again…

Dwayne came down to Colac to coach in the HFL (b4 Colac moved to the GFL). We had a bloke at Mortlake at the time who was very, very scary, Jason Mifsud’s brother Robbie. Robbie was as wide as he was tall and arguably the strongest man I’ve ever seen. Robbie used look out for us young blokes. Dwayne tried throwing his weight around one day and there was a bit of a stink, us kids were ushered off the ground and all hell broke loose, I distinctly remember the sound of a cheekbone snapping. Play resumed and I got cleaned out on the wing by a good and normally fair player who is no longer with us. As I lay on the ground dazed and confused, another stink started and big Robbie just started tossing Colac player out one by one. Dwayne thought he’d put a stop to this but Robbie picked him up by the throat and lifted him off the ground like he was a blow up doll. Don’t reckon I’ve ever seen fear in a man’s 👀 like I saw in Dwayne that day, he deadset s**t himself.

A few years later I rang in to Sports Today on 3AW and said I was Robbie Mifsud and wanted to talk to Dwayne…he dumped me but then had to explain to Gerard Healy why he dumped the call.

Might be time to do it again…
Jeepers crikey! Derwayne isn't exactly small. Someone called the radio a few years ago and said that after a bad Colac loss, Dwayne was still stewing over it while he was showering after the game, so he stormed out of the showers to spray the players while totally naked. Unfortunately, it wasn't just the players who could see and hear him, but also all the other people in the rooms: friends, families, staff, etc. I texted this to SEN to someone who knew Pipe well enough (I think it was Ralph Horowitz), who said Dwayne confirmed the story.

He also admitted that he once stripped off and got in the spa with the Geelong players after a game while he was working in the media, way after he retired. Weird dude. :p

Exactly what i thought when the silly woman said it
This is the problem with the world currently. You get vocal nuffies like her that have NFI what they are talking about and are offended by anything at the drop of the hat and people bow down to them instead of just cutting them off and telling them to shut up and * off like Derwayne should've done after 20 seconds of her pathetic rant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back