Preview Round 15 - Melbourne Demons v Brisbane Lions - Thursday 23rd June 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised Ah Chee wasn’t back in to play a wing/half forward role. Might see Robbo playing that role, as well as Terry and Tunstill, who has a reputation as a goal scoring mid.

We’ve gone with a stack of mids, somewhat similar to how Melbourne lines up, with mids pushed to a wing and back flank.

Surprised Ah Chee wasn’t back in to play a wing/half forward role. Might see Robbo playing that role, as well as Terry and Tunstill, who has a reputation as a goal scoring mid.

We’ve gone with a stack of mids, somewhat similar to how Melbourne lines up, with mids pushed to a wing and back flank.

Have a feeling we didn't want to make any unforced changes given our outs.

Looking forward to the Jerry and Terry show.

I don't know a lot about Tunstill but the club must rate him so eagerly anticipating what the young man can do.

With both he and Dev playing , we can get a decent look at what our midfield might look like going forward.

Sadly, it looks like Matho's papers may have be stamped:'(

Been a great club man

Dunno about giving the boy his first game in the seniors against an angry demons , bit more experience and a calm head may be a better option , couple of bad outs will make it bloody hard

That said wish jimmy all the best and hope our a graders have an huge game

golly gosh you step away from the internet/afl news and come back to this :eek:

don't really know what to think.

I am hoping that with the injection of some of that new youth blood, there will be a lot of energy there. If Andrews can keep his pressure like last week, and Starc and Answerth (or Kiddy?) hold down Fridge and Pickett and we will have this. (revolutionary plan huh, defenders defend well and we win ahah)

I think what I want out of this match is for Hipwood or McCarthy to get a bag.

and of course a win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was somewhat confident, be can’t see us winning with those ins vs the Dees on the G. Zac hurts.
Thats how I feel.

Feel as though we are conceding this one and even moreso bringing in a debutant with 3 massive outs - Darcy expected - would have been more confident if Lester selected, but losing Zorko and now Bailey and only brning in Terry and now Tunstill I feel as tho we'll lost by 6-7 goals +

Cant beleive AhChee isnt selected in front of these two or even Prior particulalry in front on a debutant who I am sure wont do much as Kai didnt do much when he debuted this year - odd decision in such a crucial match - but then again Lions in a national stage, playing away alone means a Loss but with the outs,dead certs to get spanked by a team that will want to massively bounce back.

Thats how I feel.

Feel as though we are conceding this one and even moreso bringing in a debutant with 3 massive outs - Darcy expected - would have been more confident if Lester selected, but losing Zorko and now Bailey and only brning in Terry and now Tunstill I feel as tho we'll lost by 6-7 goals +

Cant beleive AhChee isnt selected in front of these two or even Prior particulalry in front on a debutant who I am sure wont do much as Kai didnt do much when he debuted this year - odd decision in such a crucial match - but then again Lions in a national stage, playing away alone means a Loss but with the outs,dead certs to get spanked by a team that will want to massively bounce back.

Agree.

I have been watching a lot of dees games this year. I underestimated Gawn’s defensive help. Dropping back and filling the hole and plucking a mark. He definitely assists down there for May and Lever.
With those two busy on hippy, Mcstay and Daniher I think they still might be stretched. Will be close now with our outs

No chance he goes to Petracca. Will play wing as Fages pretty much said in the announcement video. Looks like a smart runner that knows where the ball is going and how to find it, seems to have a decent tank but it's hard to tell in the VFL games, can win the contested ball and is a smart user while not being a great kick.
It was my clumsy attempt at humour.

Can't see Tunstill anywhere near as useful as Ah Chee or Prior in a game such as this but it's not the first time team selections have me bamboozled.

Still ,maybe we'll try he or Robbo on Oliver.

Just don't get it at all , but stoked to see Tommy get a full game and hope he makes something of it.

It's still a game we should win . Unless they suddenly start playing like they were 6 or 7 weeks ago.

It was my clumsy attempt at humour.

Can't see Tunstill anywhere near as useful as Ah Chee or Prior in a game such as this but it's not the first time team selections have me bamboozled.

Still ,maybe we'll try he or Robbo on Oliver.

Just don't get it at all , but stoked to see Tommy get a full game and hope he makes something of it.

It's still a game we should win . Unless they suddenly start playing like they were 6 or 7 weeks ago.
If Lyons becomes a liability inside, Tunstill would be a natural replacement. Yes he lacks experience, but he’s got a higher ceiling than Terry as a future inside mid.

Thats how I feel.

How can you say that ? Conceding ?
How is AhChee a like for like replacement from the two outs in Zorko and Bailey especially with pace?
Last year after we lost to the dees in Sydney I thought we came out quick but they just continued that pace (dees) in the second half. They made us look slow. Our supporters were crying out for more pace. Well here we are …. T Berry and Tunstill.

It’s like for like …. And what does Kai’s debut have anything to do with Tunstills?
Go check out Jonathan Browns first game. You’d be filthy.

Ah Chee's non selection does seem odd. Can excel anywhere especially up forward with Bailey out
He seems on the outer after being a really good player for most of the year. Don't see that Robbo last week was anything but a step backwards from what he was delivering.

Likewise Noah has been fairly ordinary for a few weeks but I can see why we would persist with Noah.

We've had plenty of time to experiment. This game seems like a funny time.

I think Melbourne losing says lot more about them than if we lose. I think regardless of the result both teams are well and truly in contention.
Even if we are still in contention and lose - at some point we need a statement win - feels like years ago we ve won a game we werent well and truly expected to win - like Dockers did against Cats and Dees both away. It is probably for that reason I have no confidence that we'll get anywhere near winning the GF - 19 and 20 was our chance - unless we start causing some massive upset away from home and on the national stage - not being able to do that then how can anyone reaaly say we are in contention when we just beat up on lesser teams where expected to win and even then have been doing it in a very unconvincing way.

If Lyons becomes a liability inside, Tunstill would be a natural replacement. Yes he lacks experience, but he’s got a higher ceiling than Terry as a future inside mid.
It's obvious that the penny's dropped that Lyons may not cut it this year in big games say at the MCG . When we were thinking that time may be a year or two off.

They've had a think about it over the bye .Looking for a Plan B.

How can you say that ? Conceding ?
How is AhChee a like for like replacement from the two outs in Zorko and Bailey especially with pace?
Last year after we lost to the dees in Sydney I thought we came out quick but they just continued that pace (dees) in the second half. They made us look slow. Our supporters were crying out for more pace. Well here we are …. T Berry and Tunstill.

It’s like for like …. And what does Kai’s debut have anything to do with Tunstills?
Go check out Jonathan Browns first game. You’d be filthy.
Ah Chee can play anyweher buy tall so you can make the case he is like for like for either Zorko or Bailey depending on where he plays. As for conceding - i think we are probably partly due to to know wanting to show to much hand but playing Terry and then a deutant on the MCG when you have so many more experienced players that wont be overawed playing on the big stage. I dont recall many recent debutatnts for the Lions in recent years that really did anything on debut and we do it against Melbourne. I'm pleased for James, but not tomorrow night in a big game- perhaps i still recall Kai who did nothing in his first game or even Jack Watts in his first game against Collingwood many years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back