Mission: Franklin

Lance Franklin, yay or nay?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a yes, the merch sales alone will be stupendous and with the Will and Fletch new additions we could be the first AFL club to actually run out of memberships to sell ;)

There's also the fun to be had telling Leppa he isn't the greatest player ever to were the no 23 for us!

Any chance he might do the Mal Michael retire and rehire sketch or was that door closed?

Any chance he might do the Mal Michael retire and rehire sketch or was that door closed?
season 2 privacy GIF

You’re comparing Buddy and Fevola? You sir are a goose.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Of course not. The comparison lies in the fact that we should not be signing old forwards for a year.

But it’s still not a good comparison, Fevola was 28 at the time we signed him. He didn’t work out due to off field behaviour - not age.

But it’s still not a good comparison, Fevola was 28 at the time we signed him. He didn’t work out due to off field behaviour - not age.
A certain footballer ⬆️ was a patient in hospital up here, and in conversation with a staff member said;

“Don’t you know who I am? I’m famous”

SM. “No, who are you”.

“I’m a famous footballer”

SM. “Oh, you play for the Broncos?”.

Found it strange that Dom said the lions media team wouldn't be happy if they spent too long talking about the rumours. On top of Fagan getting really shitty when asked about it.

I'm assuming they don't want distractions but surely there's enough incentive for the club to concentrate on this season.

But I get the feeling they're protesting a bit too much and something might be happening behind the scenes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Found it strange that Dom said the lions media team wouldn't be happy if they spent too long talking about the rumours. On top of Fagan getting really shitty when asked about it.

I'm assuming they don't want distractions but surely there's enough incentive for the club to concentrate on this season.

But I get the feeling they're protesting a bit too much and something might be happening behind the scenes
So is The Roar Deal now an official club podcast? Or just a supported club podcast.

One has to tow the company line, the other should be able to maintain their independence, without dropping club “secrets”.

So is The Roar Deal now an official club podcast? Or just a supported club podcast.

One has to tow the company line, the other should be able to maintain their independence, without dropping club “secrets”.

From memory the caption for the podcast (evidently hasn't been changed in a while) says something along the lines of "The Brisbane Lions are proud to announce their new podcast..." so I'm assuming the former.

?????

The roar deal has always been an offical club podcast. The club provided the studios and edits it.

Doesn't the intro also say 'the roar deal, the official lions podcast'?

It's hard for Dom and Mike. It's a bit of a love fest but as long as you know there'll be nothing but a good take on things that's cool.

Fages started getting tetchy after the Melbourne loss and either there's some pressure building or some criticism from within or maybe things going on behind the scenes that they're keeping a lid on. Or maybe all or none of those.

But certainly I wouldn't be surprised if something broke in the off season. We've had 4 years near the top now without a satisfying result at the end as yet and you either keep moving forward or stagnate in this business.

It's hard for Dom and Mike. It's a bit of a love fest but as long as you know there'll be nothing but a good take on things that's cool.

Fages started getting tetchy after the Melbourne loss and either there's some pressure building or some criticism from within or maybe things going on behind the scenes that they're keeping a lid on. Or maybe all or none of those.

But certainly I wouldn't be surprised if something broke in the off season. We've had 4 years near the top now without a satisfying result at the end as yet and you either keep moving forward or stagnate in this business.
Must admit, this week's player interview was one of the best, all due to Rhys. His honesty, love for the city, teammates and club was so evident and then ore impressive, understanding of where he ranks in the team and how, for him, is really a week to week proposition was just so refreshing. I dont know how anyone couldnt be drawn in to Rhys' infectious persona and as someone that has pushed his cause this year off the back of very solid reserves form and shouldve been promoted well before he was recalled, am just so proud of what he is acheving.

As Rhys even knows, I know he isn't in Lachie's class, hell not even in Will Ashcrofts class and is a fringe player but it annoys me so much that people ride him so much and are quick to criticise him yet don't to other players, which I don't think the coaches do either, but he deserves his spot as much as anyone at the moment and hope he gets to enjoy selection in a winning finals side.

Back