FTA-TV Doctor Who

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Baker was "O Doctor" my Doctor but I enjoyed Colin Baker.

The Doctor should be allowed to be a pompous a** for having to save Earth all the time

Also had the best companion in Peri (Nicola Bryant) like DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

Tom Baker was "O Doctor" my Doctor but I enjoyed Colin Baker.

The Doctor should be allowed to be a pompous a** for having to save Earth all the time

Also had the best companion in Peri (Nicola Bryant) like DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMm

Jon Pertwee's Doctor was brilliant for the reasons you mention

I always lose it when he calls Stahlman a Nitwit !

images

Have to admit I love the casting of Millie Gibson as new companion Ruby Sunday by RTD.

Haven't seen any of her previous work, but it's nice to have some glam and sexy eye candy on the show again, something we haven't had since Bill Potts/Pearl Mackie.

Not really looking forward the return of Tennant and Donna for one year, seems just a pointless attempt to boost ratings

I just to see Ncuti and Mille's adventures straight away, they look so much more interesting and fun than 10/14 and Donna

images

Have to admit I love the casting of Millie Gibson as new companion Ruby Sunday by RTD.

Haven't seen any of her previous work, but it's nice to have some glam and sexy eye candy on the show again, something we haven't had since Bill Potts/Pearl Mackie.

Not really looking forward the return of Tennant and Donna for one year, seems just a pointless attempt to boost ratings

I just to see Ncuti and Mille's adventures straight away, they look so much more interesting and fun than 10/14 and Donna

Uh, she's 18.. More than a bit icky.

Uh, she's 18.. More than a bit icky.

I know that, Mary Whitehouse.

Just saying she is the most attractive person we have had on the show for a while (in my opinion), I find it somewhat disturbing how you seem to it was some isome kind of sinister innuendo.

I know that, Mary Whitehouse.

Just saying she is the most attractive person we have had on the show for a while (in my opinion), I find it somewhat disturbing how you seem to it was some isome kind of sinister innuendo.

I mean you're calling her sexy, not sure there's much innuendo.

How awesome is this trailer ?

Can't wait to get this, S2 is my very favourite of all 60s/B and W Who.

It's going to be a brilliant release, 12 brilliant episodes of Dalek goodness (The Dalek Invasion of Earth plus The Chase), my all time favourite 60s story in The Romans) plus other curious gems like Planet of Giants and The Web Planet. (The Space Museum is not great I admit, but even that has its moments)

Plus I haven't even gotten around to mentioning The Time Meddler, a brilliant story in its own right.

This is gonna be a real treat!

How awesome is this trailer ?

Can't wait to get this, S2 is my very favourite of all 60s/B and W Who.

It's going to be a brilliant release, 12 brilliant episodes of Dalek goodness (The Dalek Invasion of Earth plus The Chase), my all time favourite 60s story in The Romans) plus other curious gems like Planet of Giants and The Web Planet. (The Space Museum is not great I admit, but even that has its moments)

Plus I haven't even gotten around to mentioning The Time Meddler, a brilliant story in its own right.

This is gonna be a real treat!

I actually love Space Museum, great little story. The Chase sadly is massively overrated because it's Ian and Barbara's farewell but it's an awful story.

Mine arrived Thursday. COVID has given me the opportunity to binge it over the weekend. Got to say putting Bonnie Langford on the Behind the Sofa panel with Sophie Aldred is inspired - they are brilliant. And the Looking for David doco and In Conversations are other highlights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Blake's 7. It definitely feels like it takes place in the same universe as Robots of Death, and as Boucher wrote a great deal of the former and all of the latter that's not all that surprising. Like Who, it often varies wildly between gritty SF drama and high camp. Certainly well worth watching if you're familiar with the style and pacing of late seventies British tv.

You might be able to track down the Kaldor City audio stories as well; they use a lot of Boucher characters from Robots and Blake's 7.

There are a lot of great B7 podcasts out there too.

I got my Season 2 (classic series) box ser yesterday, just watched The Dalek Invasion of Earth (unscaled restoration is absolutely brilliant btw) and you'll never convince me otherwise that Susan's exit/departure isn't the most heartfelt, poignant and tear jerkonf companion departure in the 60 tears of Who.

So beautifully acted by William Hartnell and Carole Ann Ford.

I hate how people/some fans put Rose's departure as the most painful, oh I cried, tears of utter joy and delight couldn't stand Ten Squee and Rose together.

I still think The Chase is the best surviving 60s Dalek story (Don't @ me) and I will be watching that on Christmas Day (it just feels like a Xmas episode lol)

I got my Season 2 (classic series) box ser yesterday, just watched The Dalek Invasion of Earth (unscaled restoration is absolutely brilliant btw) and you'll never convince me otherwise that Susan's exit/departure isn't the most heartfelt, poignant and tear jerkonf companion departure in the 60 tears of Who.

So beautifully acted by William Hartnell and Carole Ann Ford.

I hate how people/some fans put Rose's departure as the most painful, oh I cried, tears of utter joy and delight couldn't stand Ten Squee and Rose together.

I still think The Chase is the best surviving 60s Dalek story (Don't @ me) and I will be watching that on Christmas Day (it just feels like a Xmas episode lol)

I will at you, The Chase is awful. How do you get Christmas vibes from it?

Such a fun and jolly/non serious and yes festive vibe to it.

The Mechanoids are great and unique additions too.

You say fun I say chaotic, disjointed, with no overarching narrative. It's a horrible send off for Ian and Barbara.

You say fun I say chaotic, disjointed, with no overarching narrative. It's a horrible send off for Ian and Barbara.

Given the TARDIS was on the blink at the time and The Doctor had no meaningful control about navigating her onto the correct/contemporary time zone, and the fact Ian and Babs were always meant to return back to their time zone, I don't see what other plot device could have been more logical to return them home (in their right time) give or take a year or two.

They (the writing and production team) were pretty much doing it on the go (week by week) with so much pressure and other considerations imposed on then, I think they should given some slack, given I bet none of them at the time knew what a global and historical pop cultural icon Doctor Who would become, and fans from 30/40/50/60 years from the date they produced it would be enjoyed by so many fans worldwide.

I respect your opinions SM but I tend to believe your opinions about The Chase and the Hartnell era overall, are way too harsh.

You got judge 60s episodes and the era for the time and working considerations they were produced/made at that time (I have a lot of time for The Web Planet, even though it's bit of a slog to watch in one sitting

If they knew then how loved the show and characters would go on to be, decades and generations from then, I am sure they would have given a better exit for Ian and Barbara.

I think it serves its purpose wonderfully for what it was, given how much time and pressure everyone involved in the making of Who was under back then.

Given the TARDIS was on the blink at the time and The Doctor had no meaningful control about navigating her onto the correct/contemporary time zone, and the fact Ian and Babs were always meant to return back to their time zone, I don't see what other plot device could have been more logical to return them home (in their right time) give or take a year or two.

They (the writing and production team) were pretty much doing it on the go (week by week) with so much pressure and other considerations imposed on then, I think they should given some slack, given I bet none of them at the time knew what a global and historical pop cultural icon Doctor Who would become, and fans from 30/40/50/60 years from the date they produced it would be enjoyed by so many fans worldwide.

I respect your opinions SM but I tend to believe your opinions about The Chase and the Hartnell era overall, are way too harsh.

You got judge 60s episodes and the era for the time and working considerations they were produced/made at that time (I have a lot of time for The Web Planet, even though it's bit of a slog to watch in one sitting

If they knew then how loved the show and characters would go on to be, decades and generations from then, I am sure they would have given a better exit for Ian and Barbara.

I think it serves its purpose wonderfully for what it was, given how much time and pressure everyone involved in the making of Who was under back then.

You're making excuses for the context of the writing team which tells me you agree the story wasn't at its best. In the same post you talk about Dalek Invasion of Earth which is a far, far superior Dalek story so I'm not quite sure how you arrive at The Chase being the best Dalek story of the 60s. (Not even considering The Daleks, Power of the Daleks, Evil of the Daleks which are all fantastic).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back