Play Nice Society, Religion & Politics Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

hecken homeless people sleeping all over Melbourne seems worse than 5 years ago when I was last here.

Couple of drugged up nutters, some just given up.

we have some here of course in tassie,. but not as overt, so very confronting to see it just there as we tread past. I am very naive to it to be honest, dont tend to see it.

How does it get fixed? I realise some may be beyond help? could governments have a big building to camp at as a last resort, is it money and housing? I genuinely have no hecken idea, but seems a shame its just like oh well. This didn't add much,just sucks to be honest and simple to see some poor bastard holding a cup in a doorway, then others living in high rise penthouses

*en homeless people sleeping all over Melbourne seems worse than 5 years ago when I was last here.

we have some here of course in tassie,. but not as overt, so very confronting to see it just there as we tread past. I am very naive to it to be honest, dont tend to see it.

How does it get fixed? I realise some may be beyond help? could governments have a big building to camp at as a last resort, is it money and housing? I genuinely have no *en idea, but seems a shame its just like oh well. This didn't add much,just sucks to be honest and simple to see some poor bastard holding a cup in a doorway, then others living in high rise penthouses

that's because inequality in society is growing ... there's an ever-widening gap between the haves and have-nots, and more and more people are falling into the have-nots category ...
a lot of people who used to hold good, decent jobs can and do end up on the streets for a whole bunch of reasons
but you'll never see an ex-politician end up that way

Domestic violence is a significant contributor to homelessness

yes, and to poverty, and poverty deprives children of decent education ... making it so much harder for those kids to get out of poverty ... a steadily inevitable spiral downwards

yeah, big deal, so she's gonna be the queen of denmark ... when she could've been a swans wag, and mother of some mighty swans father-son/daughter champions
anyone else have any recollections of the story about mary donaldson and ryan o'keefe?

What's the background?

Btw. She'd be really regretting her decision right about now.

as i understood it at the time, the weekend before she met prince fred during the sydney olympics, she "hooked up" (as the kids say) with o'keefe ... it was quite a strong rumour i heard several times from different sources ...
i think o'keefe was asked about it at some point but, ever the gentleman, offered nothing ...
just wondering if the latest mary news jogged any memories

google "princess mary ryan o'keefe" and several references comes up, including an old big footy thread
it seems it genuinely happened, although my timeline might be a bit out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*en homeless people sleeping all over Melbourne seems worse than 5 years ago when I was last here.

How does it get fixed? I realise some may be beyond help? could governments have a big building to camp at as a last resort, is it money and housing? I genuinely have no *en idea, but seems a shame its just like oh well. This didn't add much,just sucks to be honest and simple to see some poor bastard holding a cup in a doorway, then others living in high rise penthouses
What area of Tassie do you live in mate?

Hobart certainly has its fair share.

From what I’ve seen, drugs and alcohol and subsequent mental health are always a big factor, which unfortunately leads to further criminal offending to maintain a habit. And the spiral keeps going downward.

A) Florent is hugely overrated and has failed in just about each position he has be tried in thus far.
B) Goodes has made some missteps in race relations with his "platform". Hoping to see him to be a more unifying figure moving forward for reconciliation.
C) Buddy was self indulgent not to do grand final send off. The AFL world adores him and wanted to send him off the hero that he is. Missed a fairytale for the fans.

I think this is inappropriate for this thread. I suggest you take it to the politics thread.

Fwiw, that is not his job. I'd rather red necked Australians have a hard think and come out with support for a treaty, extended land rights and compensation.

I think this is inappropriate for this thread. I suggest you take it to the politics thread.

Fwiw, that is not his job. I'd rather red necked Australians have a hard think and come out with support for a treaty, extended land rights and compensation.
You’ve just proved that his take is unpopular, which is perfectly valid for this thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back