Autopsy This is going to be painful. The Dogs V Bombers debacle thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Never seen a player so distraught at being subbed out as was Sanders tonight. Not sure it was disappointment, anger at himself or anger at the coaches. Feel for the kid. .Wasn't a good look
I don’t blame the kid, he wasn’t the worst pretty sure he had equal most tackles at the time for us which shows he was working defensively (finished with the equal third most tackles) plus 9 pressure acts and got burned multiple times going forward when he was there to link up with or give it to him to break the 50 metre arc, even Bont burned him.

Absolutely disgusted in the performance tonight! Bevo needs to go! 9 years in, stale and we need a fresh start. He looks way too stressed under the pressure to perform.

His selections and sub decisions have been typical Bevo ! Baker, Gallagher & Willaims were the right option to sub out! Not Sanders!

Caleb Daniel can’t get in this team when blokes like Bramble, Gallagher, Van Der Meer are preferred options is beyond ridiculous. Dale is be a sub when he loves the fast track surface at Marval was the wrong decision.

English was very poor! Lacked aggression and effort.

One of Bonts worse performances. We are really missing the run from Bailey Smith this season more than I anticipated.

I’ve been a pro Naughton forward but I would try him for the next month as centre half back. We need to try something different. Play Lobb / Darcy / Marra forward, Naughton back with Jones - see what happens.

Sad Good Vibes GIF by Slow Dancer

Bulldogs forwards flying for the same ball.

Our defenders do the same, It's only obvious when I was watch us.

Any other game there is only one extra defender, with us we have 3 defenders flying for the same ball against one forward.

Never seen a player so distraught at being subbed out as was Sanders tonight. Not sure it was disappointment, anger at himself or anger at the coaches. Feel for the kid. .Wasn't a good look

Bevo is in panic mode, which is not the place for well thought out decision making.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't worry, the season really opens up in the 2nd half of the season.

Port, Carlton, Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, North and GWS our run into our first final. 😅

Our end of the year is a horror run, we needed to be 6-3 or 7-2 after 9 rounds to be in a position for finals we are cooked already

If he stuffed something up and was disappointed it’s fine.

If it’s a tantrum because he was subbed he should be dropped. Has been given a phenomenal opportunity and should realise he’s lucky to bypass the VFL and start in the middle alongside Bont, Libba and Treloar.

We'll lick our wounds but ultimately it's a long season and we'll need to pick ourselves up and start planning for the Saints next week. The boys will put their arms around each other and take it one week at a time and try to put our best foot forward.
As long as we learn from it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it’s a tantrum because he was subbed he should be dropped. Has been given a phenomenal opportunity and should realise he’s lucky to bypass the VFL and start in the middle alongside Bont, Libba and Treloar.

To be fair, being the subbed in that debacle was an insult. He was far from the worst.

Don't worry though I'm sure our amazing coach will have all the glib answers

i hope you don't mind the intrusion, but i just wanted to express a sincere hope that everything is okay with Libba. going down like that towards the end of a game is never good but he looked completely out of it. i have a deep respect for him as a player because he's tough as nails and constantly puts the team on his back, so i'm hoping that everything is alright.

i also think that if Sander's didn't get subbed off, it would've been a far closer game, felt like he was one of your best in the first half and really pressured a lot of our lazier players very well

If he's had a tantrum because he was subbed. It shows he has the mentality of a winner.

Our defenders do the same, It's only obvious when I was watch us.

Any other game there is only one extra defender, with us we have 3 defenders flying for the same ball against one forward.
And still get a free kick against us despite them all falling over

Really think the JOD selection off an interrupted pre season and a VFL bye last week was a bad one.

Feel that he got in Buku and Jones’s way and Buku lost confidence. Completely upset the vibe down back

3 things.

Luke, you gave us a month we really thought we’d never see. Thank you. However it’s time, our defensive structure is so so poor, it just cannot continue as is.

So over to you Brendon Lade. There is no way English can play next week. If we are omitting Macrae and Daniel for the likes of VDM, Baker, Bramble etc., then Tim just cannot play in front of Lobb after that performance.

Darcy and JUH provide hope.
Lobb injured in reserves. Didn't play last quarter limping after game

We'll lick our wounds but ultimately it's a long season and we'll need to pick ourselves up and start planning for the Saints next week. The boys will put their arms around each other and take it one week at a time and try to put our best foot forward.
We just struggled around the ball and our skills were a little off. It’s disappointing but the Bombers are a very good side. A missed opportunity but we’ll learn from it.

I’ve been on the fence, but this seals it. For the health of the club & the health of the man himself, Bevo has to go. He was looking like he was going to have a heart attack in the box tonight (profusely sweating).

As bad as the coaching is, our players are not intelligent footballers. We should have been a good 5-6 goals up at half time if not for butchering chances & also gifting them goals.

It’s a bitter one to cop, having the weakest guys in the comp like McGrath & Kelly strut around like they’re Ali is embarrassing.

Jakey boy has that glint in the eye again, lock up your teen daughters.
Contract year….payup Dons

He looks cooked to me. He starts the game like he's on fire but has tended to fade as it progresses.

Time for a break I reckon.

His time will come.

I think at one point we had a 3 on 1 in Essendon’s forward line and Dale spoiled Khamis while our other player gave away a holding free kick.

Summed up the night really
it was actually 4. 3 were at the contest and one came in late.

It was symptomatic of this side. Something that should've been an easy kill ended up being an shambollicly disorganised and panicked clusterheck when Treloar needlessly grabbed the Essendon player around the waist.

The sad thing about it all was the inevitability of it as it was happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back